Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Improving Skyrim / Recommended Mods thread (Mostly about Requiem)

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Oh fuck I thought the game was broken when I got Volendrung. Now I found Konahrik's helm and fuck.
Beating dragons with bare hands while wearing trousers is :lol: though.

Luzur

Good Sir
Beating dragons with bare hands while wearing trousers is :lol: though.
Try it without wearing them for the ultimate Skyrim experience.

dont forget this mod if ya do:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/2488/?

994704BetterMales.png

They could just make portals to one of the 500 oblivion planes we haven't seen yet. No need to come up with excuses for that new landmass, it's in another dimension and you enter it via magic, the end.

Also, LOL at Wulfy's butthurt.

That dragon broke one of my 7000 rocks! FUCK. THAT. NOISE. Gimme that hammer, I'm fixing that right now.

To be fair, I really liked New Vegas Redesigned, another mod which adds autistic levels of lore detail to dozens of major and minor NPCs in the game.

"Adult Only content - log in to access"

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Last edited:

deuxhero

Arcane
Agile Spellcasting and Improved Mage Armor don't work toggether in Requiem. Good thing I tested it before actually doing it.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I guess I'll just make a nexus account. Although I heard they got hacked a while ago.

Wait... apparently this REQUIRES the Dawnguard DLC? Uh... why? So much for that. Any alternatives?

Last edited:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I'll see if I kind... 'find' the .esm ... maybe someone is good at searching!

roll-a-die

Magister
If you already want to play Skyrim I see no reason not to get the DG and DB.
Many mods need improved scripting support and DB is actually a far better expansion than BM ever was.
Lul what.

Maybe to the blind, deaf, and stupid.

Honestly, Skyrim feels like the game that should have come after morrowind, but instead they made a disappointing sequel(Oblivion) and then resorted to a bunch of nostalgia tripping for the next one and it's DLC(Remember how much you wanted to see DRAGONS in Daggerfall, well fuck HERE'S TONNES OF THEM. Remember that lore about Skyrim and the throat singing siege engine wielders of the voice basically imprisoned on top of a mountain because their very words form magic so powerful it tears towns asunder, remember these people so very rarely mentioned in the tomes in Morrowind and Daggerfall, you'll find out so much they'll be boring.), to cover the deficiencies in story, gameplay, and aesthetic that had and have still been lost since Daggerfall.

DB has half the content. 1/3 the quality and a poor amount of variety compared to BM. More than that, BM wasn't a radical departure from the typical stories and menageries of Morrowind. It was however a radical departure in terms of visuals and aesthetics from Morrowind. It was something that we hadn't seen before, and focused on a people that hadn't been focused on before. Something that DB didn't manage. BM managed to keep things like the Draugr a mystery because they had to be. To make any kind of sense at least. You don't tell everyone that these are ancient undead servants of dragons, bound so far into servitude that their corruption remains beyond death, you can hint at it, but don't deliberately tell us that. Hell, even Oblivion did the whole Elder Scroll plot point thing better. God damn, I'm just so fucking sick of people saying Skyrim and it's DLC are fucking jesus juice, and to hear it here. Even to hear those people deriding better games in terms of aesthetic, story and intention as being worse than something obviously inferior.

Hell, BM may be the approximate size, of DB, but fuck, if it wasn't a hell of a lot better in terms of story, mythos and just general aesthetics, like almost everything in Morrowind was.

Luzur

Good Sir
Many mods need improved scripting support and DB is actually a far better expansion than BM ever was.
Lul what.

Honestly, Skyrim feels like the game that should have come after morrowind, but instead they made a disappointing sequel(Oblivion) and then resorted to a bunch of nostalgia tripping for the next one and it's DLC(Remember how much you wanted to see DRAGONS in Daggerfall, well fuck HERE'S TONNES OF THEM. Remember that lore about Skyrim and the throat singing siege engine wielders of the voice basically imprisoned on top of a mountain because their very words form magic so powerful it tears towns asunder, remember these people so very rarely mentioned in the tomes in Morrowind and Daggerfall, you'll find out so much they'll be boring.), to cover the deficiencies in story, gameplay, and aesthetic that had and have still been lost since Daggerfall.

DB has half the content. 1/3 the quality and a poor amount of variety compared to BM. More than that, BM wasn't a radical departure from the typical stories and menageries of Morrowind. It was however a radical departure in terms of visuals and aesthetics from Morrowind. It was something that we hadn't seen before, and focused on a people that hadn't been focused on before. Something that DB didn't manage. BM managed to keep things like the Draugr a mystery because they had to be. To make any kind of sense at least. You don't tell everyone that these are ancient undead servants of dragons, bound so far into servitude that their corruption remains beyond death, you can hint at it, but don't deliberately tell us that. Hell, even Oblivion did the whole Elder Scroll plot point thing better. God damn, I'm just so fucking sick of people saying Skyrim and it's DLC are fucking jesus juice, and to hear it here. Even to hear those people deriding better games in terms of aesthetic, story and intention as being worse than something obviously inferior.

Hell, BM may be the approximate size, of DB, but fuck, if it wasn't a hell of a lot better in terms of story, mythos and just general aesthetics, like almost everything in Morrowind was.

Skyrim's plot is derp, but miles better then Oblivion's, thats for sure.

Also you some stuff could have been turning down abit, like the Dragons, Draugr and the Elder Scrolls.

and fun fact about the last thing, I have 3 Elder Scrolls on my character atm.

3 ELDER SCROLLS.

the most important scrolls in the entire ES universe are just given to me throughout different ways and i have not been hunted down yet by imperial legions under command of Moth Priests that really want to get ahold of these scrolls they hold in very, very high regard.

roll-a-die

Magister
Lul what.

Skyrim's plot is derp, but miles better then Oblivion's, thats for sure.

Also you some stuff could have been turning down abit, like the Dragons, Draugr and the Elder Scrolls.

and fun fact about the last thing, I have 3 Elder Scrolls on my character atm.

3 ELDER SCROLLS.

the most important scrolls in the entire ES universe are just given to me throughout different ways and i have not been hunted down yet by imperial legions under command of Moth Priests that really want to get ahold of these scrolls they hold in very, very high regard.
For Oblivion, I will say the main plot, is FAR and AWAY worse than Skyrims. It's repetitive, it's overall short and unsatisfying, and it's very poorly written. However, for faction quest lines, Oblivion, quite surely outshines Skyrim. In Skyrim, every faction quest has basically the same goddamn plotpoints. "You're a recruit, lets test you." "Sudden plot twist"(Werewolves, The Ruins Scene in the Uni quests, Betrayal by what's his face in the Thieves Guild.) "You're super duper special now"(A werewolf is you. Suddenly Archmage, and the skeleton key+(moon thief, was it? Night Thief?) sequences in the thieves guild.) "A random dungeon crawl to anticlimactically end the quest line"

I mean fuck, Oblivion at least can say all of it's quest lines are pretty much different. The legion and storm cloaks campaigns are almost EXACTLY the same. More than that, each factional quest line in Oblivion, kept with the themes of them. You generally did things that required you to be a big brutish bastard in the fighters guild. In the mages guild you do magey things at least at first. And in the fucking god damn thieves guild, you couldn't fight your way through every mission.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom