Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Improving Skyrim / Recommended Mods thread (Mostly about Requiem)

Luzur

Good Sir
So yeah, finally finished the damn thing. Alduin is a horrible and the Sovngarde one was annoying. In the end guerilla tactics will always prevail.

And gods, Miraak is a buggy fight.

Now back to Morrowind, Gothic et al.

Miraak just died for me, somehow, i know i didnt touch him since i was strafing some shots and yet he died.

The Miraak fight has a lot of scripts running in a precise order so it's relatively easy for the game to get confused, if you're using a lot of scripted mods on top of it the situation gets even worse. This engine really needs to be put to rest.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I realize I never actually finished this game or even saw one of the Dragonpriests.

Luzur

Good Sir
I realize I never actually finished this game or even saw one of the Dragonpriests.

First Draugr dungeon have one at the end.

And there are two of those Dragon altar spots in the wild which feature pop-up Dragon priest (took me by surprise, i was nearing a lone shout altar on top of a mountain and when i was close enough to hear the bombastic viking song thing a crypt cover popped off right beside it under the snow and there he was like "Yo")

That's Krosis. Cheeky fucker must not have been very popular if they left his coffin in the open like that. If you have already beaten that first dragon near Whiterun, there'll be a dragon perched on the wall and you can have a threesome.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
They're an interesting concept/dungeon crawl monster with their specialized mask loots and whatnot but, yeah, never ran across them. Through two (attempted) playthroughs I explored a good 70% or so of the map. Furthest I got in the main quest was unlocking the Blade's seeeeekrit base. After awhile the spelunking gets boring.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
That's the problem with overly ambitious projects -- they never get completed.

Luzur

Good Sir

Falsskaar was finished, and they finish all these ridicolous player houses/fantasy big butt babe lands/Final Fantasy huge ass swords/floating Dwemer islands/nude Dibella statue rework/new NPC idle animation mods, but they cant be arsed to go work on a lore friendly province mod.

geez.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria

Falsskaar was finished, and they finish all these ridicolous player houses/fantasy big butt babe lands/Final Fantasy huge ass swords/floating Dwemer islands/nude Dibella statue rework/new NPC idle animation mods, but they cant be arsed to go work on a lore friendly province mod.

geez.
The guy who made Falsskaar apparently did it because he desperately wanted to be hired by Bethesda as a programmer/designer, and even then it had alot of blatant corner-cutting (75% of the map was just Oblivion-tier uninterrupted woodlands, no real attention paid to geography, etc). Most of the other mods you mentioned, however autistic they may be, are perfectly doable by just one person with enough time on their hands. Something like an entirely new province'd require alot of people, alot of time, and plenty of resources to be pulled off to any reasonably quality level.

subotaiy

Cipher
So I guess there aren't any total conversion done yet? I'm interested especially in the one from Nehrim's authors.

Lord Carlos Wafflebum

Aspiring Infinitron
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
The reason the pr0n mods get finished, especially the ones like the realisitic horse genitalia mod, are because the people that make them are so fucked up they're unemployable and have nothing better to do.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/19107/

19107-1-1340254716.jpg

Upon the slopes of High Hrothgar sit the well-known and daunting 7,000 Steps, each of them weathered and truly ancient. One step in particular, however, is of special significance.

The second of The Five Songs of King Wulfharth tells us that High King Wulfharth (Ysmir) rebuilt the 418th step of High Hrothgar some time in the sixth century of the 1st Era when it had been damaged by a dragon attack. There is no evidence of this in-game, however, which I thought was strange given Wulfharth's direct connection to Talos. Such a step should be honored as a treasured artifact of a place where Talos himself once walked amongst men.

This mod makes the 418th step (yes, I counted) of High Hrothgar unique in appearance and bears an inscription carved upon its surface. It can be read clearly when clicked upon:

19107-2-1340560016.jpg

----====----

Here lies the step once more made whole

By King Wulfharth, Shor bless his name

Once cracked 'neath talon, scale, and flame

In sight of all the Gods of Old

----====----

:hmmm:

The...attention to lore and detail is commendable, but...I don't know...

Drax

Arcane
Actually, I enjoy those little lore additions, among the torrent of animated nippledick mods, those are pretty :obviously:

Edit: Also, LOL at Wulfy's butthurt.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom