Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Improving Skyrim / Recommended Mods thread (Mostly about Requiem)

mastroego

Arcane
Want a new follower in Skyrim? Make them! Wife or Husband? Ditto! Merchant to buy your items, or NPCs to populate a village? You're really bad at following patterns, aren't you?

BTW, sentient wooden mannequins don't creep you out right? Just checking.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=380293986&searchtext=
AKA the Peter Coffin mod!

Thanks to Skyrim, I now know that 99% of Earth's population has a creepy Anime fetish.
The remaining 5% has even weirder fetishes.
(yeah I know how to add. There's overlap)

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

The mod I mentioned at least claims that it will require 30 points in all magic skills. Considering the low skill level you start out with Requiem, it will take you several levels casting spells to enter the College. Assuming it works with Requiem.
As Gord already pointed out, that doesn't change the slightest how much the college quest chain sucks. This isn't just about pandering to casuals, this is extremely disappointing even on a popamole level and you can't fix it with entry requirements or by making it harder.
Or actually harder quests that require you to do well in them.
I mean for example stealing from heavily guarded mansion document and placing it after a forgery which needs to be stealthy or whole thing would fail.

I always wanted to play RPG in which magic is kind of science to be discovered. So instead of choosing spell from list of spells you would need to "find" it. So for example to get necromancy you would need to find actual necromancers that could teach you or try to manipulate yourself with dead bodies, failing mostly because for example you don't know that to breath life into body you need equivalent amount of power as life itself or not knowing formulas upon which certain school is build.
For example create fireball you would need first learn to materialize object that can be set in fire and magic that would let you create barriers of air to confine it and release it upon reaching target.
mlk-photo-pointing.jpg
:bro:
I have a dream that one day game designers will rise up and live out the true meaning of their creed.
"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all games are created unique."
I have a dream that one day game designers will pull their heads out of their asses and start thinking again about what the fuck they are doing.
hmmm hi i am new in this forum.... but this post captured me... and i have an answer for you... a necromancy mod...

The name is " Corpse Preparation" this mod implement necromancy just as described in the morrowind lore books.... try it out http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/35378

Grathanich

Novice
The mod I mentioned at least claims that it will require 30 points in all magic skills. Considering the low skill level you start out with Requiem, it will take you several levels casting spells to enter the College. Assuming it works with Requiem.
As Gord already pointed out, that doesn't change the slightest how much the college quest chain sucks. This isn't just about pandering to casuals, this is extremely disappointing even on a popamole level and you can't fix it with entry requirements or by making it harder.
I mean for example stealing from heavily guarded mansion document and placing it after a forgery which needs to be stealthy or whole thing would fail.

I always wanted to play RPG in which magic is kind of science to be discovered. So instead of choosing spell from list of spells you would need to "find" it. So for example to get necromancy you would need to find actual necromancers that could teach you or try to manipulate yourself with dead bodies, failing mostly because for example you don't know that to breath life into body you need equivalent amount of power as life itself or not knowing formulas upon which certain school is build.
For example create fireball you would need first learn to materialize object that can be set in fire and magic that would let you create barriers of air to confine it and release it upon reaching target.
mlk-photo-pointing.jpg
I have a dream that one day game designers will rise up and live out the true meaning of their creed.
I have a dream that one day game designers will pull their heads out of their asses and start thinking again about what the fuck they are doing.
hmmm hi i am new in this forum.... but this post captured me... and i have an answer for you... a necromancy mod...

The name is " Corpse Preparation" this mod implement necromancy just as described in the morrowind lore books.... try it out http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/35378
It looks like a very detailed mod but is it balanced and compatible with Requiem? It requires some vanilla perks for bonuses (although that can be changed to a skill level requirement in the MCM).

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

mlk-photo-pointing.jpg

It looks like a very detailed mod but is it balanced and compatible with Requiem? It requires some vanilla perks for bonuses (although that can be changed to a skill level requirement in the MCM).

I think there is also Requiem patch around if i am not mistaken... the mod is very very detailed... for me is a must..

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I would play that version of Skyrim. I often wonder why there are no mods/hybrids of Valve's games. Running L4D playing some of the TF2 classes would be good fun for a few hours.

AW8

Arcane
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Straight from the front page of Skyrim Nexus, a crucial mod for any playthrough!

Breast Size Scaling for NPCs
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/62472/?
You get spell tomes that teach these new spells:

Breast Enlargement (Restoration)
Breast Reduction (Restoration)
Undress (Illusion)
Dress (Illusion)

To use them, aim and cast at one adult female NPC target. The Undress and Dress spells also affect male targets, but do not work during combat.

I can't help but to laugh at the sight of such ridiculous spells coupled with their designated school of magic. :lol:

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
So yeah, finally finished the damn thing. Alduin is a horrible and the Sovngarde one was annoying. In the end guerilla tactics will always prevail.

And gods, Miraak is a buggy fight.

Now back to Morrowind, Gothic et al.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom