Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Improving Skyrim / Recommended Mods thread (Mostly about Requiem)

Luzur

Good Sir
Well, you can start taking on small groups of bandits pretty much right away if you're careful and have good plan/preparation (meaning "don't get shot", "don't get gangbanged" and "still have stamina to work with after dispatching consecutive bandits").
Depending on build you may also be able to take on stuff like Draugr, Spiders, even low level wizards if you can snipe them before they get their magical shields up and blow your dick off with a fireball.
Then you get perks with each level.

:D
Though Volly is best as special purpose weapon - something you use when you really need to smash something hard or keep a horde of powerful enemies from raping your face. Against most enemies a weaker but faster 2h weapon works better, especially if it's something that doesn't discharge as rapidly.

Whatever i do in this game, it seems i always end up with Volly, Wuuthrand and that wooden priest mask.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I wish I could play long enough to see General Tullius' sword without rage quitting.
Ain't that hard, Civil War is probably one of the easier questlines considering that your opponents are just humies and elf-faggots, same as the player.

bozia2012

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again!
but, is the damage output true?
The damage output is significantly higher in Requiem, so is the importance of blocking/parrying (and stamina control). Also you avoid ridiculous situations that happened in vanilla - like not being able to one-hit backstab a sleeping civilian.

DraQ

Arcane
Updatan:
I was forced to drop DCO due to soul absorbtion bug (couldn't omnomnom Sahloknir).
Sadly this made Dragons much less of assholes which seems to be forcing me to switch off EMD as well due to insufficient dragon damage.
:(

The damage output is significantly higher in Requiem, so is the importance of blocking/parrying (and stamina control). Also you avoid ridiculous situations that happened in vanilla - like not being able to one-hit backstab a sleeping civilian.
Well 1hking anything sleeping in Requiem is pretty much automatic (as it should be) as you get 200x damage multiplier in such situation.

madrigal

Augur
Also you avoid ridiculous situations that happened in vanilla - like not being able to one-hit backstab a sleeping civilian.

And not being able to rush dragon priests and kill them before they have a chance to attack.

madrigal

Augur
They are fairly weak without buffs and with Requiem increased damage, Krosis was a piece of cake and a lot easier than vanilla.

hell bovine

Arcane
:lol:
If you manage to rush kill a DP in Requiem you deserve the spoils.
It was possible in 1.7, with either a silver katana or that undead slaying sword you get from a daedric quest, since high stamina characters moved so quickly (couldn't play one, it was giving me motion sickness :D) .I think there was also an illusion spell (shadow shield?) that increased one-handed speed.
I finally have some time to play, might as well try my axe, alteration and illusion Bosmer witch again, chopping up enemies for lunch. Are they any silver axes in Requiem? Or do you have to make one?

DraQ

Arcane
It was possible in 1.7, with either a silver katana or that undead slaying sword you get from a daedric quest, since high stamina characters moved so quickly (couldn't play one, it was giving me motion sickness :D) .I think there was also an illusion spell (shadow shield?) that increased one-handed speed.
I finally have some time to play, might as well try my axe, alteration and illusion Bosmer witch again, chopping up enemies for lunch. Are they any silver axes in Requiem? Or do you have to make one?
Dongguard axe (1h) counts as a silver one IIRC and it has an undead-raping enchantment.

A t worst you can always use a weapon you don't specialize in, for example a sword of corresponding handedness.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Permit me to suggest Volendrung for all your raping needs. Otherwise Wuuthraad counts as undead killing, I think.
No really, Volly makes DPs trivial, even though high level dragons can still fuck you up.

hell bovine

Arcane
I like the idea of a little elf running around with a big axe, but it's so sloow. I can't get her stamina too high, because motion sickness, so I was thinking of using magic (shadow shield) & weapon perks to increase attack speed instead. Would that work with two-handed? (If it fails, alteration is overpowered enough on its own, so might try it anyway.)

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Alteration is only overpowered at high levels. And at high levels, every combat skill becomes pretty overpowered.
Of course, by that point, you are far more than 20 hours in so you earned the right to roflstomp anything except the most difficult mobs.

Btw... those retarded invisible entities finally made me install Requiem Plus. It has some great additions, like less grindy smithing and horses regenerating HP.

Last edited:

mastroego

Arcane
I have admittedly a consoletard approach to modding - I want it done and I want it to work. I don't want to follow arcane, insufficiently explained procedures, sieve through thousands of tits inflation mods to find a handful of interesting, mechanics affecting ones that refuse to play nicely with each other, or play mod tetris to have my conflicting mods only overwrite each other in minimally offensive way, all while reading tons of poorly written documentation that may or may not exist.

There's a lot I agree with in this approach. Actually, it's the one I follow with all other games (if/when I even bother to mod them, which is fairly rare).
Also the sheer amount of tittie and sex-slavery mods that've taken over the nexus is quite infuriating.
Not to mention the anime mods, even assuming that there's even a single one of them that doesn't already fall in one of the above categories (which they do).

That all being said, some of us have started modding Skyrim from the beginning, and the practice kind of went on and became "a game" in itself.
Of course if I had to start now from scratch and wade through all the depravity, I'd use Requiem too or simply give up.

As it is, anyway, I'm fairly happy with my setting.
For all of Skyrim's shortcomings, I feel like I have a gripping "combat simulator" on my hands now, one that's enjoyable to come back to now and then despite all the time I've played it already.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
mana-tank.jpg

:lol:

Grathanich

Novice
The fact that a mod grows your breasts based on physical properties is less surprising than the fact a mod that allows PREGNANCY.

I am afraid to ask but, is there a mod that also grows your dick as your health increases?

Glaurung

Liberal's alt
Shitposter
Installed Better Dynamic Snow. So far don't see any difference in-game. Why not working? Glaurung sad.

Also, is SkyUI worth using?

Last edited:

Gord

Arcane
Installed Better Dynamic Snow. So far don't see any difference in-game. Why not working? Glaurung sad.

IIRC it mostly adds some snow textures to objects that should have them but don't and improves resolution of textures a bit (but that might come from the texture DLC as well, maybe).

Also, is SkyUI worth using?

There are still people that play Skyrim without SkyUI?

:notsureifserious:

Glaurung

Liberal's alt
Shitposter
IIRC it mostly adds some snow textures to objects that should have them but don't and improves resolution of textures a bit (but that might come from the texture DLC as well, maybe).
Are there any other mods that improve snow textures? They look horribly blurry with or without this mod.

There are still people that play Skyrim without SkyUI?
I've been using it since day one, just not sure if it's the best option out there.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
The fact that a mod grows your breasts based on physical properties is less surprising than the fact a mod that allows PREGNANCY.
Preg mods've been there since Morrowind though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom