Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

I'm very upset about Div 2's combat

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
DraQ said:
You haven't seen oblivious, have you?

I played Oblivion. I didn't see any bloom. However I was forced to disable HDR for dragon knight as a first game I disabled HDR because it was unwatchable.

DraQ

Arcane
Raghar said:
DraQ said:
You haven't seen oblivious, have you?

I played Oblivion. I didn't see any bloom. However I was forced to disable HDR for dragon knight as a first game I disabled HDR because it was unwatchable.
Maybe you played it with bloom/HDR disabled. I actually wasn't bothered by ED's bloom/HDR/postprocessing at all, while that in oblivious was physically eye-searing.

AlaCarcuss said:
:lol:

Phelot

Arcane
Lesifoere said:
So I'm replaying to get through DKS and already I'm not looking forward to the fuckwitted jumping puzzles because this game has some of the shittiest physics known to man and you can get stuck on practically nothing, while occasionally executing impossibly high jumps, and fuck this shit where's TWitcher 2? No Div 2, you aren't AssCreed, leave the platform puzzles out you dumbfuck.

I don't recall ever having gotten stuck in Div2 and there's like 3 platform "puzzles" that I remember (though I have no idea about the expansion) and they typically consist of

pull lever to lower next platform
jump to next platform
pull lever to lowe... etc etc

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
I guess ranged or hybrid builds must be more fun than pure melee, which I played way back then. Boring as fuck just to click click click and then spam whatever is not on cooldown.

AlaCarcuss

Arbiter
Lesifoere said:
AlaCarcuss said:

What did I just see.

Apparently, if you kill too many 1 xp bunnies (24 I think), this killer bunny appears to take revenge. He's pretty high level and almost impossible to kill for a low level char.

You do get an achievment if you manage it though :smug:

Looks like the some of the devs are Monty Python fans. :salute:

Murk

Arcane
Raving Magician said:
...with big nasty pointy sharp teeth!

Aw yeah. Yeah Draq, that music-cut-off honestly makes me smile whenever I should otherwise rage-quit or something.

Lesifoere

Liturgist
AlaCarcuss said:
Lesifoere said:
AlaCarcuss said:

What did I just see.

Apparently, if you kill too many 1 xp bunnies (24 I think), this killer bunny appears to take revenge. He's pretty high level and almost impossible to kill for a low level char.

You do get an achievment if you manage it though :smug:

Looks like the some of the devs are Monty Python fans. :salute:

Oh good, maybe I should go back to kill bunnies just before I head off for the battle tower. =p

Murk

Arcane
These floating fortresses are really terrible. The ones that don't require generator shut offs or what have you I'm just dropping in to loot the chests then running off. I'm level 33 it seems and the experience scaling means I'm getting something like 200xp per kill, sooooo not worth the headache.

Also, holy shit my creature is bad fucking ass right now.

AlaCarcuss

Arbiter
Mikayel said:
These floating fortresses are really terrible. The ones that don't require generator shut offs or what have you I'm just dropping in to loot the chests then running off. I'm level 33 it seems and the experience scaling means I'm getting something like 200xp per kill, sooooo not worth the headache.

Well I got the tower and respeced. I'm now a complete hybrid with a few skills in each tree (lvl 22). Dual wield fighter with +magic damage on both swords, which when equiped, applies to spell damage as well. Magic missiles maxed, explosive arrows, ranger suprise, sumon demon, heal, charm (for the lulz), mana efficiency and the fighter's charge attack. Fucking unstoppable! (so far).

Still having an absolute blast.

Lesifoere

Liturgist
Mikayel said:

Grats. Flying fortresses were what made me ragequit the first time around out of sheer tedium. See what I mean now? And to think, when I first played, there were anti-dragon shields everyfuckingwhere in those zones.

Phelot

Arcane
Yeah the floating fortresses were a bad fucking idea. I've said it before and I'll say it again: Dragon form = stupid and lame.

DraQ

Arcane
Floating fortresses were a cool idea and they have certain unique atmosphere.
:smug:
The execution however was botched thanks to:

-too restrictive flight model
-small pool of available actions
-small pool of possible enemies
-no gameplay variety
-no environment rape
-no ground force rape

Even with the exact same base concept they could have well been dragon 3D Tyrian with full freedom of movement and ability to do more manoeuvres. And anything Tyrian is automatically hot, bonus points for involving dragon.

Murk

Arcane
I thought about starting up Flames of Vengeance since the game's plot seemed pretty straight forward from this point and did so only to see there was a twist that I just effectively ruined for myself, but was made much happier when I saw the Terminator-spoof landing into Aleroth (har har har).

Went back and figured I'd put the Flying Fortresses off a bit and just finish up other shit, though it seems I'm at the point where I SHOULD be doing the Flying Fortresses.

Anyway, Combat despite the major level discrepancy is still pretty dangerous when I get ganged up on. My Melee resistance is ridiculous but my magic/ranged resistance is somewhat questionable - my STR is maxed at 100 (no item bonuses) and now my Vit is up at the 50 marker, so I guess I'll have to dive a bit into those other stats to beef up resistance a bit but I get the feeling I won't be leveling much more after this...

Jump Attack is fuggin' ridiculous when powered up, btw.

Murk

Arcane
Haven't fought him yet, or I can't remember who he was.

AlaCarcuss

Arbiter
Ok, I just had a couple of 'laugh out loud' moments I'd like to share.

First off, I decided to take my first extended dragon flight by exploring a bit and ended up back in Broken Valley. Hmm, I thought I was done with that area.... anyway, love what Damien's done with the place, not so shinny now motherfuckers.

Anyway, naturally I found myself running the gauntlet, getting bombarded from all sides... I was down to my last 10% of health, looking for a place to land and heal up (dragon heal was on cooldown). Spotted the old mine and soon as I was over what looked to be non-poisen mist covered land, I dropped out of dragon form and...... landed right on top of a fucking camp fire and burned to death!!
:x

Luckily I'd quick saved mid-flight somewhere near by and this time made it inside the mine building. Cut a long story short, I found myself doing battle with a bunch of lvl 27 black ring members (me at lvl 22)... killed a couple but this was clearly a battle I couldn't win... so I died just before the door. The really funny moment happend right after death, in the little bit of the game you get to see before the load screen. My demon had been standing next to me facing away at the time of my death and as the black ringer that killed me sheathed his sword and turn to walk away, past my demon, the demon clipped him over the back of the head, at wich point the moment was frozen in time with the load screen and to the yell of "Oooww!!" from the black ringer.

I mean, obviously you had to be there, but I literally laughed till I cried. :lol:

Murk

Arcane
Beat Ego Draconis earlier today, brief thoughts on it:

Game is a lot shorter than I thought, and the ending quite abrupt. I was expecting Aleroth to be an entire hub area like Broken Valley or Orobas Fjords, guess not. Kinda wish I hadn't rushed through Broken Valley as much as I did, but eh.

Holy crap I have worked up 80k XP debt in Flames of Vengeance already. Jesus.

Aleroth fuggin' grew since Div 1, and all this talk of shit buried underneath it and not one reference to Thelyron? For shame Larian, for shame...

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Mikayel said:
I'm pretty sure I had amassed an xp debt of 1 million or more. There were some crypts or sewers with respawning enemies so I grinded it away. Still, was kinda dumb, 20000 xp per mindread, wtf?

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
Is it true that

you don't get to kill off the main villain at the end of the expansion either? This kind of thing annoys me deeply

Still on the fence about trying it out overall, seems like it might get boring before too long. What's the magic system like?

Lesifoere

Liturgist
Admiral jimbob said:
What's the magic system like?

It's, uhm, nothing special? You get skill points at level-ups, and you distribute those in skills. It's not a skill/talent tree, so there's no prerequisites. Many of the skills are useless, and most are on ten+ seconds cooldowns, so there's only one skill that'll be your bread and butter spam-spell, being magic missile. Damage doesn't scale with level, so all you can do is put ranks in the "+x% to your magic damage" and hope for the best. Primarily you'll be casting just two spells: magic missile (for range) and firewall (when enemies get close). Every other offensive spell is useless, and I don't think much of the crowd control spells, and I understand the summons are shitty compared to your zombie anyway.

made

Arcane
VentilatorOfDoom said:
Mikayel said:
I'm pretty sure I had amassed an xp debt of 1 million or more. There were some crypts or sewers with respawning enemies so I grinded it away. Still, was kinda dumb, 20000 xp per mindread, wtf?
Maybe they wanted you to put some thought into who you MR, instead of spamming it on every single NPC you meet. Not like the solution would make the mechanic any more interesting.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom