Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline I'm Starting to Dislike Ratings

Aqualung

Dead duck
Patron
Insert Title Here
250px-Peaceatallcosts.JPG

No rating can beat a good laxative gaze.

Mark Richard

Arcane
Ratings divert people with nothing worthwhile to add. There's no need to create an entire post to agree with somebody in a couple of meagre words when you can convey the same meaning with a faintly amusing image. I could just as easily claim ratings purify the forum and ensure only the finest posts are given existence, but I don't want to put pressure on you all.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I take almost everyone serious because I have high functioning autism. No, I don't have an IQ of 70, in fact, after I didn't try in school or anything for 5 years, my IQ still measured as 132, which must be because I had brain fog and wasn't used to any kind of brain work, I assume it must be over the genius level by now hence school has been a breeze and while on my free time, I learn further than what I've been taught independently. I'm constantly thinking.

Reapa

Doom Preacher
Ratings divert people with nothing worthwhile to add. There's no need to create an entire post to agree with somebody in a couple of meagre words when you can convey the same meaning with a faintly amusing image. I could just as easily claim ratings purify the forum and ensure only the finest posts are given existence, but I don't want to put pressure on you all.
you could claim that. sadly though, it'd be disproved in any and all threads.

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
Remove all ratings and zero everyone's brofist counts. Their existence goes against core Codex principles, and turns the forum into Facebook for edgy millennials. If the inherent goodness of this change is not enough to sway DarkUnderlord's heart, then I'd also like to point out that it would maximize butthurt as well.

Should also remove Shoutbox for similar reasons.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Remove all ratings and zero everyone's brofist counts. Their existence goes against core Codex principles, and turns the forum into Facebook for edgy millennials. If the inherent goodness of this change is not enough to sway DarkUnderlord's heart, then I'd also like to point out that it would maximize butthurt as well.

YES

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
I have been observing myself and others use ratings not in addition to but instead of posts to react to posts.

It's like that thing Blaine was talking about five years ago, and for five years before that prior to registering for the Codex.

It's far too late now. The cancer has fully metastasized and is inoperable. In order to acclimate yourself to the taste, smell, and feel of being surrounded by cancer on the Internet, I suggest you spend one hour per day viewing this image of a highly concentrated malignant tumor:

2472bf11a5.png

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

YES
Remove everyone who doesn't write at least 10 posts a day.Also all lurkers should be ip banned.Or better yet just remove the codex!
It is a fucking forum!People come here to write some shit,have a laugh and unwind from the long day.Sometimes people have a reasonable discussion with people that they see as their peers,and sometime they just want throw shit at each other.How about instead of whining what people should and shouldn't do,we just have a good time after a long day?

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
It's like that thing Blaine was talking about five years ago, and for five years before that prior to registering for the Codex.
I legit can't remember you making a post where you didn't jerk yourself off

Thank goodness for the Disagree rating. Without it, I might have been compelled to engage in conversation or respond with an actual rebuttal.

Thanks, social media!

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Also remove everyone who doesn't put a space after punctuation marks.
That especially!

I have been observing myself and others use ratings not in addition to but instead of posts to react to posts.

It's far too late now. The cancer has fully metastasized and is inoperable. In order to acclimate yourself to the taste, smell, and feel of being surrounded by cancer on the Internet, I suggest you spend one hour per day viewing this image of a highly concentrated malignant tumor:

2472bf11a5.png
Ages 5+

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
I think there is a kidney stone working its way through my intestines. We'll see.

hello friend

Arcane

I agree with this individual

Wyrmlord

Arcane
It's basically a game where you lose both ways.

If rating increase your prestige in a forum, then you have increased your prestige in a forum where a neo Nazi once asked a tranny to shit on his chest.

Aka nothing to be proud of.

If lots of negative ratings decrease your prestige in a forum, then you are looked down upon even by the people of a forum where a neo Nazi asked a tranny to shit on his chest.

Aka nothing to be proud of.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom