Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wizardry I'm playing Wizardry VII (unfortunately I will miss the ring)

GlutenBurger

Cipher
Are these miss chance and mana regeneration rules also used in Wizardry VI? Do characters imported from Wizardry VI have their mana regeneration reassessed? I never payed attention to this in any of the games. I just took whatever I got.

hal900x

Augur
OK so regardless if I change classes my regen will be slow for the Dracon. I'll live with it...at least if I switch him to Mage I'll get more spells per level = more spell points. In combat he is just a musician, unless mobs are resistant in which case I grind his stealth and/or casting. So the need for Mage spells is just for out-of-combat utility such as Detect Secret...I will always sacrifice spell/skill/ability points to utilize out-of-combat features such as additional dialogues, utility, etc., especially in such a combat-centric game as this. That's one of the reasons I went with DOS...Diplomacy...not that it seems to have much effect, but I wouldn't know what I'm missing.

Was the "blueprint" mentioned by Prof. Wunderland (name has that JRPG inappropriate-for-the-setting vibe) one of the maps? Sounds about right, he refers to the "other party" having it, which I assume is an AI adventuring party racing me to the punch. I did not figure out how to get below the city yet, and there are a few other spots in the city I have yet to explore due to mob toughness, puzzle or the like.

Edit: Just saw my new thread title. If anything was going to convince me to go back and start with VI... But man, being a graphics whore it's rough. Sound whore too. I was able to get a decent image filter and run in a window small enough to reasonably imitate the original graphics quality, and the Roland Midi music is quite decent, but this is about as low-res as I usually go. This from a guy who played Zork, avidly, on release. I get the feeling this game was pretty primitive in these areas for the time. Dat PC speaker modulation....they did it well, but it was lazy to do it at all.

Last edited:

hal900x

Augur
Do the time constraints continue once you've missed the first map, onward throughout the game? As a hardcore TB purist, the rushing usually pisses me off. But if it's reasonable as with Fallout, it can add some immersion. In THIS game, it adds just the right amount of difficulty, since you can basically sit in one spot: rest, fight mobs, repeat and grind that way. It is much tougher if you force yourself onward with a dearth of points.

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
Frankly, if you know what you do, you need only Legend map.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom