Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Il-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

Exmit

Scholar
It's gonna be a serious flight sim , no console port , only PC.
6 years in development so far by 1C maddox , they made il-2 sturmovik and all addons.

shot20100922121441copy.jpg

shot20100913142218.jpg

shot20100917151553copy.jpg

shot20100919204229copy.jpg

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=16627

Exmit

Scholar
entertainer said:
and probably will be for another 6

nah in latest update the main developer said they are finishing it ,
it means it's gonna be released in fall next year

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
This is the game that I will finally have to get a new PC to run properly. Can't afford one for a while yet, so I don't mind if this game is 'polished' for another couple of years!

Pablosdog

Prophet
That actually looks really good, i've been waiting for a good flight sim. How long has it been...5-6 years?

Archibald

Arcane
MetalCraze said:
Too bad Falcon 4 is still the king huh?
Stop milking WW2 damn it, it isn't fun anymore

What else to milk? Can`t have new shit, might come out as politically incorrect :decline:

Exmit

Scholar
SimpleComplexity said:
6 years in development so far
I stopped reading there....

You don't understand the eastern mindset on developing games.

First il-2 was developed 5 years.Oleg maddox (main dev) started working on it in 1996 and finished it in 2001. His plan was to make an engine that could last atleast 10 years , and his plan worked. Il-2 community is still big even today.
With the Storm of War he expanded his goal and make an even more universal engine that can be even further expanded not only for flight sims but for other games also. The game is very detailed , it is a flight sim but have complex mechanics for vehicles also.

While western developers make games and engines that are obsolete over 1-2 years his plan is to have an engine for the next 10 years.

The constant updates , interaction with the community and information provided from him single handledly is something that all western developers should look upon to.

Short version for ADHD kwas :

It's not a turd served by every game company but a quality product.

deuxhero

Arcane
The graphics actually look fairly good. Perhaps it is the use of color.

What's with all the crashing reports I hear on review sites? Is it just one of those games that needs to have hyperthreading/multi core use disabled?

Exmit

Scholar
deuxhero said:
The graphics actually look fairly good. Perhaps it is the use of color.

What's with all the crashing reports I hear on review sites? Is it just one of those games that needs to have hyperthreading/multi core use disabled?

Reviews of what ? Il-2? because SoW is not out yet.

Il-2 never crashed for me so idk , and i have the opposite of what you said.
The game does not use 2 cores by default. You can tweak a ini file to enable 2nd core and speed up loadings.

Exmit said:
SimpleComplexity said:
6 years in development so far
I stopped reading there....

You don't understand the eastern mindset on developing games.

First il-2 was developed 5 years.Oleg maddox (main dev) started working on it in 1996 and finished it in 2001. His plan was to make an engine that could last atleast 10 years , and his plan worked. Il-2 community is still big even today.
With the Storm of War he expanded his goal and make an even more universal engine that can be even further expanded not only for flight sims but for other games also. The game is very detailed , it is a flight sim but have complex mechanics for vehicles also.

While western developers make games and engines that are obsolete over 1-2 years his plan is to have an engine for the next 10 years.

The constant updates , interaction with the community and information provided from him single handledly is something that all western developers should look upon to.
I never said why i stopped reading there.
Actually it is because i'm looking forward for the game. :smug:
Those facts you previously listed are more then enough for me to believe this will turn out decent.

Exmit

Scholar
deuxhero said:
Rowan's Battle of Britain

Battle of Britian is made by Rowan it has nothing to do with this game.

Storm of War is being made by 1C Oleg maddox , who made il-2 sturmovik and addons

I never said why i stopped reading there.

Ok , usualy when someone says that he 'stopped reading there' it means he thought it was shit.

Very.. immersive.

What about multiplayer? Deathmatch, Capture the Flag is on, something special? Can i hide behind some bigass clouds and then pop up behind an enemy plane and do a cockpit headshot?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom