Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

IGN's top 100 popamoles of the last generation

Siel

Arcane
Patron
#100 Skate 2
#99 Viva Piñata 2
#98 Mario Kart Wii
#97 Condemned
#96 Assassins Creed IV: Black Flag
#95 Vanquish
#94 DJ Hero
#93 Dance Central
#92 State of Decay
#91 Super Smash Bros Brawl
#90 Unfinished Swan
#89 Splinter Cell: Blacklist
#88 Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit
#87 Sleeping Dogs
#86 The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
#85 Skylanders
#84 Crackdown
#83 LEGO Marvel
#82 Halo 3
#81 Spec Ops: The Line
#80 Xenoblade Chronicles
#79 Call of Duty: Black Ops
#78 Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock
#77 Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
#76 Saints Row: The Third
#75 Heavy Rain
#74 Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
#73 Brothers
#72 New Super Mario Bros Wii
#71 Gran Turismo 6
#70 XCOM: Enemy Within
#69 Battlefield: Bad Company 2
#68 Demon's Souls
#67 Dishonored
#66 God of War III
#65 Catherine
#64 Flower
#63 Rainbow Six Vegas
#62 Shadow Complex
#61 Rayman Legends
#60 Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
#59 Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
#58 Infamous 2
#57 LittleBigPlanet
#56 FEZ
#55 Bayonetta
#54 FIFA 12
#53 The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
#52 Far Cry 3
#51 The Witcher 2: Assassin's of Kings
#50 South Park: The Stick of Truth
#49 Forza Motorsport 4
#48 Fable 2
#47 Dragon Age: Origins
#46 Dark Souls 2
#45 Super Meat Boy
#44 Gears of Wars 3
#43 Trials Evolution
#42 Mirror's Edge
#41 Spelunky
#40 The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
#39 Deus Ex: Human Revolution
#38 Limbo
#37 Burnout Paradise
#36 Pac-Man Championship Edition
#35 Tomb Raider
#34 BioShock Infinite
#33 Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved
#32 The Walking Dead
#31 Portal
#30 Braid
#29 Grand Theft Auto IV
#28 Halo 4
#27 Borderlands 2
#26 Fallout: New Vegas
#25 Dead Space
#24 Left 4 Dead 2
#23 Dark Souls
#22 Batman: Arkham Asylum
#21 Street Fighter IV
#20 Super Mario Galaxy 2
#19 Wii Sports
#18 Mass Effect
#17 BioShock
#16 Batman: Arkham City
#15 Half-Life 2: Episode 2
#14 Assassin's Creed 2
#13 Rock Band
#12 Mass Effect 2
#11 Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
#10 Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
#9 Journey
#8 Grand Theft Auto V
#7 Red Dead Redemption
#6 Minecraft
#5 Fallout 3
#4 The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
#3 The Last of Us
#2 Portal 2
#1 Super Mario Galaxy

http://uk.ign.com/top/games-of-a-generation/

:what:

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
I'd like to see a Codex list of top 100 games of the last generation. The first 10 or so would be obvious but after that,

No Great Name

Arcane
Rock Band and Wii Sports ahead of Dark Souls. Only at IGN.

Eh. Why care about IGN's list when we've got the Codex list?

Crane

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath
Poor poor console peasants. We ubermench here at RPGCodex -- excuse me as I stroke my neckbeard -- know what truly euphoric gaming is.

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
pYPJWUj.gif

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
Brothers is a 3 hours walking simulator. Spoilers to save you the effort: the big brother dies in a cutscene and the ending is dragging him to the grave. Big a whoopty fuckty doo emotional moment with a character I met 15 minutes ago.

Spoilers:

What annoyed me the most is that playfully I stopped attacking the spider queen when she had only one leg left and was scared of me. Mercy and emergence is a thing in videogames and chocking me with a fuck you unavoidable cutscene to kill one character was a slap in the gnads.

Spend your time in To The Moon instead, at least the ride is a bit longer and not as manipulative. You're welco.

Greenthumb

Literate
It's a list about console games and yet there are so few JRPGs. I don't know if I should be surprised or not.

Unwanted

Xu Fugui

Unwanted
Brothers is a 3 hours walking simulator. Spoilers to save you the effort: the big brother dies in a cutscene and the ending is dragging him to the grave. Big a whoopty fuckty doo emotional moment with a character I met 15 minutes ago.

Spoilers:

What annoyed me the most is that playfully I stopped attacking the spider queen when she had only one leg left and was scared of me. Mercy and emergence is a thing in videogames and chocking me with a fuck you unavoidable cutscene to kill one character was a slap in the gnads.

Spend your time in To The Moon instead, at least the ride is a bit longer and not as manipulative. You're welco.
I'm not sure if you're drunk, confused or what else could have lead you to post this here but as far as indie hipsterish games go Ether One is miles ahead its competition and in particular to the Moon that was sloppy done in RPG maker with piss poor visuals and a somewhat pretentious story about some dood's autistic wife. Ether One deals with slightly more mature themes and handles them much more tastefully, with a bunch of neat art, atmospheric voice acting and music to accompany its slow burning and contemplative gameplay and complementing it nicely.

Cadmus

Arcane
Man, it almost seems as if making arbitrary lists of complex products that posses many subjective qualities and purposes of use is a bad idea!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom