Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity If you liked POE1 you have shit taste in games. (my review)

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Oh my fucking god, can you stop making threads already you December newfag? All of them are shit.

Unwanted

Micormic

Unwanted
Yea your just autistic no libido oldfag. My bad.

I'm not that old(late 20's), I just don't live on the internet and I don't give a shit about memes or depravity and immorality.

Considering the types of people that play competitive multiplayer games I'm not sure how you can validate calling me autistic. I had a brief stint on CS go and League/dota, I know exactly the types of people on those types of games lol.

vazha

Arcane
I feel the OP's pain. Recently tried PoE again (I had a work assignment and well, anything beats working, amirite?), and despite some improvements, some of the more questionable core system design choices still ruin the game for me. For example:

1. Effective barbarian means high int barbarian. Right, because being a bookworm is what comes to mind first when we think of barbarians.
2. Same attribute for physical / intellectual strength. Whoever thought of this as a valid system design was a loony.
3. block & dodge no longer differ from each other and its just deflection. So you can prance around as a lightweight rogue armed with a rapier and a tower shield - you avoid the acc penatly, the weapon is fast, and you get a huge deflection bonus. Very fucking fun.
4. So I get to this Alpine dragon in the WM, and the thing is nigh unkillable no matter how strong my barb/fighter/pally are. Googled a bit for suggestions and lo and behold! Most effective strategy to defeat said dragon is to charm him. Charm a fucking dragon, a centuries old legendary creature with a lvl 3 spell. and then petrify it. Cause obviously dragons, fabled for their wisdom and guile, are susceptible not to legendary weapons and offensive magicks, but trash level domination spells.

The list can go on and on and on (Stupid stronghold mechanics!). I loved some of things in the game, wont lie: art design is superb, itemisation is not bad, guns are awesome, playing a ranger is fun for the first 5 levels or so, Durance aint a bad companion, but that's it.

SkiNNyBane

Liturgist
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
I'm not that old(late 20's), I just don't live on the internet and I don't give a shit about memes or depravity and immorality.

Considering the types of people that play competitive multiplayer games I'm not sure how you can validate calling me autistic. I had a brief stint on CS go and League/dota, I know exactly the types of people on those types of games lol.

Oh no the types of people that play dota and cs. Where the fuck r u posting this from? Amish village? I rather like my local Amish cottage cheese actually keep it up.

Tigranes

Arcane
it's sad times when we get watered down versions of hiver

is also funny when you are so shit at playing that you play in the most moronic way possible and this makes you miss all the actual glaring problems

SkiNNyBane

Liturgist
Patron
it's sad times when we get watered down versions of hiver

is also funny when you are so shit at playing that you play in the most moronic way possible and this makes you miss all the actual glaring problems

There is a way of playing that makes POTD not braindead? You truly are a mastermind of tactical game-play. Please share your secrets.

Also yea its hilarious to you I am sure? *Rolls eyes.

Last edited:
Unwanted

Micormic

Unwanted
Low number of combar tactics? I chose a Cipher during my first playthrough (as always, I wisely waited for the Definitive Edition), and would basically mind control half of the enemies and order them to attack the second half, all the while debuffing, paralyzing and spamming area of effect spells. Then rinse and repeat. Halfway into the game my character received something along the line of 30 damage in total.

And that's just one example.

You're an absolute fucking animal, one of the best gamers I've ever SEEN

the_shadow

Arcane
vazha said:
4. So I get to this Alpine dragon in the WM, and the thing is nigh unkillable no matter how strong my barb/fighter/pally are. Googled a bit for suggestions and lo and behold! Most effective strategy to defeat said dragon is to charm him. Charm a fucking dragon, a centuries old legendary creature with a lvl 3 spell. and then petrify it. Cause obviously dragons, fabled for their wisdom and guile, are susceptible not to legendary weapons and offensive magicks, but trash level domination spells.

At what age should a dragon become immune to petrify? Seriously though, I've always hated bosses who have a host of immunities that don't make sense. Yes, dragons should be much harder to petrify because they are huge monsters with high strength, but immune? As for charming them, if you can override their mental defenses, why not? It's no less ridiculous then being able to beat a creature 50 times your size into submission by just buffing your warrior to the wazoo and wailing on it with a sword. If anything, it's *more* plausible that magic and mind manipulation would be more effective than brute force.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I haven't played PoE since release and I quit around act 3 because I hit the level cap and I was utterly uninterested in the main story (and the ending of act 2 was retarded), but I remember combat at a certain point becoming disturbingly easy even on the hardest or second hardest difficulty (I can't remember). I struggled through one dungeon and then breezed through the rest of the game. I think OP might just be a bitch.

No, the real problems with PoE lie in how uninteresting the setting is, how boring the main villain is, and how the main story is pretty much pointless. Most of the side quests are pretty good but that can't carry the entire game.

KK1001

Arbiter
The combat is a joke after Act 1, even on POTD. Everything he said about the combat is correct. Like, sure, you COULD play the game in ways to artificially increase the difficulty, but the most vanilla way to play is the most effective.

SkiNNyBane

Liturgist
Patron
I haven't played PoE since release and I quit around act 3 because I hit the level cap and I was utterly uninterested in the main story (and the ending of act 2 was retarded), but I remember combat at a certain point becoming disturbingly easy even on the hardest or second hardest difficulty (I can't remember). I struggled through one dungeon and then breezed through the rest of the game. I think OP might just be a bitch.

No, the real problems with PoE lie in how uninteresting the setting is, how boring the main villain is, and how the main story is pretty much pointless. Most of the side quests are pretty good but that can't carry the entire game.

The classic didn't read but will talk shit anyways.

:fight:

You have to literally be visually impaired to miss the fact that I complained about combat being too ez. Plus the game on release was 1000x easier which is again something youd know if you read the post. God I am mad at myself even responding to this level of shitposting.

And if you think side quests were exciting in this game your in luck because every shit mmo nowdays has 100000 hours worth just like those!

Last edited:

Doktor Best

Arcane
Careful boys, dont get him enraged, because hes a competitive multiplayer gamer! He can totally kick your ass in Fortnite and will crack witty jokes to his twitch audience while doing so!

Shadenuat

Arcane
The only reasonable state of PoE1 is White March + WM extra content (Concelhault, Morgwek Ien), played on recommended level for the expansion (+PoTD or 1 before PoTD difficulty).

You would be a true codexer if you tried to play Pillars of Eternity and actually left it after your guts told you not to play it.

You did a huge disservice to yourself by playing it, I couldn't even bear the style of writing; everything I've read made me unable to feel any attachment\link to the world itself.

At least you actually recognize it is a shit game, so you are ahead of all these people actually claiming it's a good game.

I wouldn't play it even if I was payed.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom