Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

If you could help design TES6; what would you do?

Dedicated_Dark

Arbiter
Not sure if anyone else mentioned it but, FIRE THE WRITER.

Fire that worthless incompetent Emil Pagliarulo. Fire him out of a fuckin cannon.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
They have a writer? Wtf. I find that hard to believe. Pretty sure they just let whoever programmed the quest come up with some words. Greetings I am Jarl Fjargenderp and I want you to recover my amulet from a nearby dungeon. Then take it to my friend Jarl Jargenjaja in that city on the other side of the world.

Mojomancer

Novice
Morrowind exploration with decent combat ( I personally liked the combat in Morrowind but I know that it wouldn't appeal to the mainstream ) and bring back the stats and classes. If they want to have their Minecraft town building minigame then don't over do it like Fallout 4. Make each town you can build up meaningful and limit what you can build to make it so you cant have everything.

Handcraft every dungeon, actually write the quests instead of generating them and make faction choice important. If you join one faction then lock out others.

Bring back all the weapon types from Morrowind too.

Iznaliu

Arbiter
They have a writer? Wtf. I find that hard to believe. Pretty sure they just let whoever programmed the quest come up with some words. Greetings I am Jarl Fjargenderp and I want you to recover my amulet from a nearby dungeon. Then take it to my friend Jarl Jargenjaja in that city on the other side of the world.

Their writers probably party 99% of the time.

deuxhero

Arcane
As for setting, I think Yneslea, Cathnoquey and Esroniet (Islands between Tamriel and Akavir, conquered by the Empire a century before Arena. More nearby islands could exist beyond those 3.) would be an interesting one. Could set it as a prequel set while the Empire is invading Akavir proper (3E 288-290). This would allow a lot of the foreignness of Morrowind (a newly conquered people next to Imperial settlements, mostly military), and not being constrained by existing maps. Plus as a chain of islands it would naturally allow implementing ships as player homes and transport, something which seems pretty popular. Also allows claiming an artificially large map size like Bethesda did for Fallout 4. If you dive using magic you will find Dreugh civilizations, not all hostile.

Last edited:

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
"It sorta feels like an action game with light RPG elements" <---- ERMAGERD YOU THINK SO PROFESSOR?!

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I'd just do it for the money. Tell them to do Skyrim again, make the snow sand and call it Desertrim. I don't have to play it, right?

Iznaliu

Arbiter
I'd just do it for the money. Tell them to do Skyrim again, make the snow sand and call it Desertrim. I don't have to play it, right?

I think people will want some gimmicky feature like Fallout 4's settlements.

Doktor Best

Arcane
Pretend to throw a party in the basement, then lock them all in with Gothic 1+2, computers, canned food, water and a few buckets.

Tell them each of them will be released after answering a set of questions asked by me in order to make sure they played through both games.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Pretend to throw a party in the basement, then lock them all in with Gothic 1+2, computers, canned food, water and a few buckets.

Tell them each of them will be released after answering a set of questions asked by me in order to make sure they played through both games.
Lol :D You thought about this before eh?

Reapa

Doom Preacher
I'd single-handedly build a small island with a cool little village on it and several medium to large sized dungeons, they wouldn't even have to spend any manpower on that suggestion they'll just have to let me have at it in the editor for a year or two, so there's no reason to reject that offer.

Only condition: there is no map marker and no compass pointing to that island.

And there are no map markers on the entire island, period.

Also, I'd suggest to return to a more piecemeal equipment like in Morrowind. Bring back the dozen equipment slots! I'd justify it by saying it helps bring in 12 year old girls who like playing dressup games.
tes5edit and the ck are out there.

Reapa

Doom Preacher
Remove the shitty Europoor villages. Set the game in a proper, civilized American city.

Replace stupid sperg saves world storyline with plot about a streetwise Latina trying to obtain a mortgage from a bank.

Add feature where character must gain as many Instagram followers as possible to advance storyline.

Replace stupid wizard bullshit with blogging powers.

Replace depressing europoor companions with Mei.

Replace shitty olden days soundtrack with proper music like Diplo and Gucci Mane.

Add inter racial romance options as dlc.

Replace hud with Twitch overlay.
a disturbing show of how good skyrim actually is even in its vanilla form. thank you for opening my eyes to how much worse it could be. :salute:

typical user

Arbiter
I guess I would keep Skyrim's combat. Spells need some variety and balancing. Skyrim suffers from lack of sustained spells that take percentage of your mana pool for always active magical effects. Casting flesh spells, candlelight or summons is annoying, why not just give players ability to keep them on for a small mana price?

The sneaking system is dumb because there is no possibility to sneak around. You just have series of corridors with no alternate paths. Think of VtM: Bloodlines with sewers, ventilation shafts, back alleys. In The Elder Scrolls it would be translated into rooftops and again sewer system in cities and in dungeons in caves, scaffoldings etc. It would also be good opportunity to add more verticality and platforming from Tomb Raider.

RPG elements and story obviously needs improvements, C&C, faction systems, survival mode, disguises and hybrid world-scaling where weaker enemies are scaled to your level but players have to min-max stats to still beat those with ease, like making build focused around critical hits, crowd control, attack speed, lifesteal or pacification/deception, things that would make light-weight sword master play differently from orc warchief with battle axe.

For a gameplay gimmick, obviously we won't be able to use shouts as that was a Skyrim exclusive thing. So I would just expand on werewolf and vampire gameplay to make it unique. Add some strong bonuses and drawbacks or unique spells/skills.
Or maybe make some spells more gameplay focused. I liked magic from Fable and Kindoms of Amalur because they allowed to make warlocks and spellblades, magic could be used by melee characters and rogues. Think of Become Ethereal shout that works for half second and has 5 second cooldown which allows you to dodge attacks with proper timing while allowing you to dual wield weapons, or Whirwind Sprint which can teleport you around and behind your enemies.

But still without good story, RPG elements the game would be a walking sim or at best a slasher. Gothic is a good example how it should be handled, it's still a good game even with out-dated graphics and atrocious controls.

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
I'd show up to work drunk every day, titty fuck everybody with breasts, and cap it off by doing a line of blow off Todd Howard's boner.

If I'm gonna sink my life in a shitty company making shit games, let me walk away with a real story for Christ's sake.

Iznaliu

Arbiter
For user comfort, I'd make Uninstall.exe a choice in the in game menu, above 'New Game'.

Some people will probably complain that this isn't a good idea as they clicked it accidentally.

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
For user comfort, I'd make Uninstall.exe a choice in the in game menu, above 'New Game'.

Some people will probably complain that this isn't a good idea as they clicked it accidentally.
Call it Divine Intervention, see if they still complain.

"No way, Divine Intervention is back!"

They wanted immersion, well now its back.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom