Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

If I may ask, are there any good mining games?

Mitchell11678

Novice
I really like games where part, most, or all you do is mine. Besides Minecraft are there any good games where you mine? As in non-flash games.

I hope I am aloud to ask, I assume I am but, you never know.

Thanks-

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
niL12.jpg

Just kidding bro try this out should be better than banging on rocks http://www.vertigogaming.net/game/oilblue

Kawaii Theurgist

Liturgist
Diggles.

However, if you want to play it you'll need to look around, or ask around, for the right way to start games, save games, and configure your registry. It was programed by drunken goblins or something, but it is pretty fun and charming otherwise.

Multi-headed Cow

Saw that and the Dig Dug theme immediately started playing in my head. Help. HELP

Quilty

Magister
Multi-headed Cow said:
Dwarf Fortress, IF YOU ARE A MAN.

I've been totally hooked on it for a month now, but it's starting to wear off because the interface is just so tedious and inconsistent. I don't even mind the graphics, hell, I'd even say it looks beautiful with some of the tilesets, but the interface is so damn clunky.

Still, must man up and finish that pit od death.

Clarck7

Barely Literate
gold miner game
Gold Miner

reel gold game
Reel Gold

dynaminer game
Dynaminer

super miner game
Super Miner

money miner game
Money Miner

mars miner game
Mars Miner

cable miner game
Cable Miner

mominer game
MoMiner

gold miner 2 player game
Gold Miner 2 Player

space miner game
Space Miner

Game Dorks

Multi-headed Cow

Quilty said:
Multi-headed Cow said:
Dwarf Fortress, IF YOU ARE A MAN.

I've been totally hooked on it for a month now, but it's starting to wear off because the interface is just so tedious and inconsistent. I don't even mind the graphics, hell, I'd even say it looks beautiful with some of the tilesets, but the interface is so damn clunky.

Still, must man up and finish that pit od death.
Yeah, I haven't gone on a Dwarf Fortress bender in ages. When I first learned about the game I played it an unhealthy amount for a week, when it was still 2D. Then a while after the 3D update came out I played a good chunk and did a let's play for around 11 in-game years before I ran out of steam. Haven't felt manly enough to start a new fort in months. :M

Edit: Though I will say it seems like the best way to make DF entertaining currently is to rely on a dwarf military instead of traps. At least when I last played.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
EVE Online. Of course it will be boring as hell, but you can mine a lot of things. :)

Mitchell11678 said:
I really like games where part, most, or all you do is mine.

J_C said:
EVE Online. Of course it will be boring as hell, but you can mine a lot of things. :)

I'd suggest EVE as well, there seem to be a lot of people who think like you and have founded mining corporations and hold mining/hauling operations together and shit like that.

Gord

Arcane
X3

It's more of a space-combat-trade-sim-game, but you can mostly restrict yourself to mining, if you wish.
Either manually by equipping your spaceship with an ore extractor or automatically by building a mine.
However, to get to that point you first have to earn some money by other means.

Destroid

Arcane
You know, while I'm a bleeding heart libtard commie in real life, I love to play a brutal industrialist in videogames, exploiting my workers for maximum productivity.

There is just something pleasing about it.

+1 Dwarf Fortress
+1 Diggers
Dungeon Keeper

Hoodoo

It gets passed around.
%5BHF.COM%5DMotherload+v1.037+Goldium+Edition.jpg

:yeah:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom