Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Idiot's guide to Space Rangers 2

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
http://www.rpgcodex.com/phpBB/viewtopic ... 126#215126
The way I did it was
1 BBB_WWW
2 BB_BWWW
3 BBWB_WW
4 BBWBW_W
5 BBW_WBW
6 B_WBWBW
7 _BWBWBW
8 WB_BWBW
9 WBWB_BW
0 WBWBWB_
1 WBWBW_B
2 WBW_WBB
3 W_WBWBB
4 WW_BWBB
5 WWWB_BB

...erm. Did I count right? I've been trying to rewrite this over and over and I get the same problem every time. Maybe the count starts at 0 instead of 1...? Or I probably just don't remember what I did.

bryce777

Erudite
kingcomrade said:
I wrote out the solution to this problem in text and posted it in a thread here, though I might be one off because of a counting accident in that post. I'm looking for it, I don't remember where it is. And yeah, bryce was no help.

Well, there's gratitude for you. It could just be that you are too stupid to read, but whatever.

YourConscience

Scholar
Hey, thanks guys. Just in time for my gaming session today. :)

But it's strange. I was sure I tried that solution, but probably was too tired to count the turns correctly. How stupid.

It would have been so cool if Bethesda would have made the oblivion demonic invasion the same way as Space Rangers handles the dominators invasion.

And then add that feature from Jagged alliance where you train troops to hold your cities plus being able to equip them by yourself...

And instead of the persuasion minigame such cool textquests.

Ahh, a man can dream... :)

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
bryce777 said:
I gave some pretty detailed instructions. Which you asked for. Sucks to be a stupid ungrateful dick.
No, you didn't. You regurgitated the instructions that the game gave: move the blacks and whites to the opposite spaces. That isn't detailed nor is it helpful. Ungrateful? Oh, you're right, bryce, I owe you so much. Poor bryce, always underappreciated. :roll:

MINIGUNWIELDER

Scholar
ITS ONLY GOVERNMENT ANIMATION!!
I am so looking forward to getting Holy Fanaticism!
EDIT:LINK PLEASE!!!
EDIT#2:it may be the grime on the bottom of the CD

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
MINIGUNWIELDER said:
...but it reads good on my laptop.
On XP, try going System -> Hardware -> Device Manager - IDE / ATAPI controllers and switching your CD / DVD from DMA to PIO (just for a try). It worked for me on a similar occasion (a CD that worked well on another computer).

sqeecoo

Arcane
Whoohoo, you know that this is the first page you get if you search google for Space Rangers 2 guide?
So let me resurrect this thread.

This is a great game, and thanks to you guys (and VD's nice review), I am now playing it.

My only complaint is that combat is a bit on the simple side, but the complexity of the strategy and equipment selection makes up for that.

Anyway, I disagree with you that it is impossible to kill ships early on, and that it is useless to have more than 3 wep (early on). I got a Maloq with 4 slots and fitted in 4 fragment cannons (or whatnot), and absolutely demolished everything. I had started out hostile with gaalians and freyans. Each time I entered their systems a battleship flew out to kill me, but instead, to my great surprise (I had only used the pityful lezkas in my previous games) I killed them! And when I got some nice modules for frag damage in a black hole, I could, apparently, kill any two ships (but not 3 because my droid sucked).
Now I have to restart (pirate surgery is lame) - everybody hates me, because apparently, killing battleships decreases your rating with all races (or did I do something else?).
So there. Love the game, love the guide!

sqeecoo

Arcane
Oh, one more thing. Any way to get the soundtrack form this game? I like some of the songs, but not the two you can download from the site.

hicksman

Liturgist
The soundtrack? hehe, after you get close to beating the game, you'll be tired of them, but i'm sure there's someone out there who's ripped them out.

Do a google for ["space rangers" dominators sountrack] I saw a few sites that looks like possible matches, but i'm at work and going to the codex is stretching it so file sharing sites in .ru is probably waaay out.

on another note, I loved this game, but in my game i could never find myself in the position to actually finish it. Beat back at least one dom race but after wiping them off the face of the map, I still dont get credit for it....

Jim Kata

Arbiter
hicksman said:
The soundtrack? hehe, after you get close to beating the game, you'll be tired of them, but i'm sure there's someone out there who's ripped them out.

Do a google for ["space rangers" dominators sountrack] I saw a few sites that looks like possible matches, but i'm at work and going to the codex is stretching it so file sharing sites in .ru is probably waaay out.

on another note, I loved this game, but in my game i could never find myself in the position to actually finish it. Beat back at least one dom race but after wiping them off the face of the map, I still dont get credit for it....

You have to kill the actual leader of each race. Each one is different in how you can kill it, and has a few options.

hicksman

Liturgist
Yeah i saw that, i guess i figured it didnt apply because i eliminated them from every system and they've never reappeared on the map. I dont think i had to face a boss, but they're no where to be found...

Veracity

Liturgist
sqeecoo said:
Oh, one more thing. Any way to get the soundtrack form this game? I like some of the songs, but not the two you can download from the site.
There's no need to rip it, the files at $install/music/*/*.dat are just mp3's. Rename if your media player won't autodetect, and playlist away.

Xi

Arcane
I fucking loved SR2! I have not actually beaten it, kind of gimped myself actually, but I still saw every bit of potential the game offered and realized my own failings to overcome specific situations.

My main issue was that I became trapped into a galaxy by dominators and had no safe route through the galaxy because of military ships that were hunting me. So I was stuck on a specific planet. I'm sure I might have been able to overcome, but I decided I would let it rest for a while. I think I had put about 20-25 hours into the game at this time.

I think the Dev team for SR2 did an astounding job. It's a great game once you see its potential. Plus the text games are fucking hard as hell(and get much harder) which requires you to use your brain.

Probably a little late to add my thoughts on this one, but wth I'll do it anyway! Buy this game, it is worth it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom