Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[idea] Poster's Personal Postfolio

Yay or Nay?

• Why yes, kind sir, this is the most excellent idea!

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • No! I don't want my lack of insight exposed!

Votes: 32 76.2%

• Total voters

DraQ

Arcane
(Alternatively: Kodice's Kool Kollection :obviously: )

To legitimize calling someone clueless moron, /gd/tard, or otherwise non-contributor as a debate tactics kodexians should be given a page in their profiles where they would be able to link posts of their they consider particularly insightful and :obviously: .

One glimpse on such page would allow assessment of poster's worth, while the readily available links to monocled content buried under the mountains of inane derp could renew and revive many insightful discussions and bring the untold :incline: to the :rpgcodex: .

pipka

Savant
Post counts and join date are no longer enough to measure dicks?

*updated draq.txt : "DraQ has a tiny wiener."*

DraQ

Arcane
Isn't this what brofists are for?
Except you can't search for other user's posts that were brofisted, older posts won't be brofisted unless the threads get brought back from the 9th plane of the workshop, or whatever and brofisting in general is too haphazard - it's easier to get a brofist for something witty than it is for something truly constructive, mostly because some people will tl;dr and others will disagree, which isn't the case with cheap, lulzy potshots.

No, my idea is to provide each user with a page where they can link whatever their own posts they consider particularly worthwhile, for other users to see and make up their mind, possibly also sparking new interest in the old topics and reinvigorating discussion.

If someone's best posts are of "lololurfagget" kind, then it is obvious that he can't craft anything but a badge of shame using this method and an empty page or page of shitty posts will be blatant evidence that this person is a worthless loser unlikely to contribute, content to just post on "edgy" forum, but if someone links to thread with his unofficial patches, a hilarious machinima comic of his making or insightful discussion about rather arcane aspects of RPG mechanics, it becomes obvious that this person deserves his monocle and can wear it with pride.

And the best thing it's that it's up to user to choose what he thinks puts him in the best light, that the burden of filtering his content and proving that he's a TRU BRO is on him.

Sad He-Man

Educated
I disagree. I feel that such institutionalisation isn't needed. Brofists of the new age and custom tags from the olde times were enough.

There should be a way of highlighting older posts and threads, though. Especially since there is a commonly held perception, that all essential points regarding rpgs have already been discussed.
Bah, look at my post count and join date. What do I know.

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
No, my idea is to provide each user with a page where they can link whatever their own posts they consider particularly worthwhile, for other users to see and make up their mind, possibly also sparking new interest in the old topics and reinvigorating discussion.
For a better evaluation, what would you link on your page?

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I'd rather we have some sort of bookmark feature so we could bookmark interesting/useful/informative posts to easily return to them later.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
You know, BioWare did some great games some years ago, they proved they are true BROS. So we should rely on their past history and buy SW:TOR & ME 3, since there's no way they can be bad, right?

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
And the best thing it's that it's up to user to choose what he thinks puts him in the best light, that the burden of filtering his content and proving that he's a TRU BRO is on him.
Or we can let each user's individual posts speak for themselves on this discussion board, instead of drawing more attention towards meta-discussion, e-peen waving, and popularity contests.

20 Eyes

Liturgist
Seems like more trouble than it's worth. I can't see myself ever reading a post and then wondering "I wonder what this guy's Postfolio is like". I know that everyone makes some trolling/inane/BSB posts every now and then, I think that should be expected on a message board.

Fens

Ford of the Llies
I'd rather we have some sort of bookmark feature so we could bookmark interesting/useful/informative posts to easily return to them later.
right click on the permalink of the post, click 'open in new tab' / 'open in new window', set bookmark with your browser

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
"Watch Thread", top right of the thread. Then click "watched threads" button in the menu up top.

right click on the permalink of the post, click 'open in new tab' / 'open in new window', set bookmark with your browser
Also this. FFS ppl lern 2 use the internet.

MCA
(Alternatively: Kodice's Kool Kollection :obviously: )

To legitimize calling someone clueless moron, /gd/tard, or otherwise non-contributor as a debate tactics kodexians should be given a page in their profiles where they would be able to link posts of their they consider particularly insightful and :obviously: ..

FFS, just go to your profile and add links on your "wall". Popamole scum.

MCA
It's better to have some information than none at all.

Keeping with your analogy, Obsidian developed Dungeon Siege 3 recently.
Should we dismiss them as derpy H&S fags from now on?

DS3 is a solid game. It's just forgettable and insignificant.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom