Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News ICY Released

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Icy; Inner Void Interactive

ICY, the post-apocalyptic Ice Age survival RPG from indie developer Inner Void Interactive that was Indiegogo'd just over five months ago, was released today. It's now available on Steam for the price of $13 minus 25% launch discount. Here's the launch trailer:

An additional gameplay trailer is also available. Codexers who have played ICY's beta report a similarity to the excellent NEO Scavenger, so you might want to check it out.

Tigranes

Arcane
Oh god, what a terrible, terrible voiceover. It's a good thing I already backed the game, or it might scare me off a purchase.

Good on them for finishing and looking forward to trying soon.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Some people in Steam claim that it is still very buggy. Might be worth waiting for the first couple of patches.

M0RBUS

Augur
I'm playing it on my YouTube channel and I'm having lots of fun.

There are few bugs though and a few typos and weird sentences.
So far, it's nicer than NEO Scavenger on the story front, but gameplay-wise, it's not even close. This is very much a text adventure kind of deal.
But it does promise lots of CnC, that's for sure.

Crane

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath
I68KoCh.jpg

:hmmm:

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
All of those indie devs could probably get free proof reading from their fan forums.

edhead

Educated
The writing is fucking atrocious both stylistically and grammatically. For a narrative-driven game, that's a big no-no. After half-an hour and a particularly cringe-worthy encounter of "black dude vs racists", all I can say is "Thank Gabe for Steam refunds".

OwNathan

Innervoid Interactive
Developer
The writing is fucking atrocious both stylistically and grammatically. For a narrative-driven game, that's a big no-no. After half-an hour and a particularly cringe-worthy encounter of "black dude vs racists", all I can say is "Thank Gabe for Steam refunds".
I am sorry for that.

I am not a native speaker and that's why we managed to find some editors, but the fact is that none of them actually said me "Hey, the writing in the early stages of the game sucks", so some not so nice things ended in the final game. I felt confident that the editing process could fix this stuff, but it needed some rewriting all across some parts of the game. According to different feedbacks coming from native speakers, after those early stages the writing improves dramatically.

The only thing we can do now is check all those dialogues and fix them. And we're already doing that, with the help of some native speakers and a native writer. For example the racists part got already fixed, now it should appear less like a retarded "Hey, we're racist, so we're obviously the bad guys" and more like "Meh, we need slaves, black slaves will give us less ethical issues".

If there's someone interested in helping us, not for free, we'll be more than willing to have another person to work with us on this issue. EDIT: We found someone and the script is getting heavily edited.

Last edited:

OwNathan

Innervoid Interactive
Developer
We found a way to get all the script fixed in no more than 2 weeks, and we'll keep patching and improving the game in the meantime, so I highly suggest you to wait a couple weeks until most issues will be solved.

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
I accepted a lot of new members on my team, but the increase in consummation of food was too much. I died of starvation.

:incline:

Make the racists the good guys and I'll buy it.

I think you can help the racists, if you so choose.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom