Tacticular Cancer: We'll have your balls

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Game News ICY: Frostbite Edition now on Steam Greenlight

Discussion in 'RPG News & Content' started by Infinitron, May 12, 2017.

1. Make America Great Again Infinitron Trade Master Patron

Infinitron
    Parrots:
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Click here and disable ads!
    Tags: Icy; Inner Void Interactive

The latest game to join the last minute Steam Greenlight parade is Inner Void Interactive's ICY: Frostbite Edition. The original ICY was a post-apocalyptic RPG set in a new Ice Age that was released back in 2015. It was a humble little game that didn't make much of an impression, although we did find the time to review it. The developers felt so bad about their beginner's effort that they decided to remake it from scratch. And now they're apparently required to go through Greenlight again to release a new version of a game that's already on Steam. This is even dumber than what happened with Alvora Tactics. Here's the Greenlight trailer and a description:

ICY: Frostbite Edition is the remastered edition of ICY, a narrative-driven post-apocalyptic survival RPG set in a new Ice Age. Create your own character, using a detailed stat system that influences your abilities, then begin your journey of survival across a frozen world, now with completely overhauled and improved gameplay.

A COMPLETELY REMASTERED EXPERIENCE

After nearly two years since the original release of ICY, Inner Void Interactive and Digital Tribe Games are proud to release ICY: Frostbite Edition, a completely remastered edition of the game. We worked to improve every lacking feature of the original ICY, recreating the game from scratch in Unity 5.

Thanks to the exhaustive feedback received from our community and the experience we gained from the original game, we have improved ICY’s formula in many different ways to let it offer a real survival RPG experience in a cold post-apocalyptic world.
    • A new combat system was developed: deeper, more exciting and more challenging than the original one.
    • The survival experience was overhauled in order to offer more variety.
    • A crafting system was introduced, allowing the player to create new items.
    • The original plot was improved and new quests and characters have been added to create a longer and more satisfying experience.
    • The UI was completely reworked to be clearer and better looking.
    ICY: Frostbite Edition is almost complete and should come out shortly after it's greenlit. Vote for it - leave no RPG behind.

• Brofist Brofist x 7
    • Salute Salute x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. ArchAngel Magister

ArchAngel
    Parrots:
    Lol I assumed it was redone in Frostbite engine and then I read Unity
    :timetoburn:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Despair Despair x 1
    • Racist Racist x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. CRD Learned Patron

CRD
    Parrots:
    Divinity: Original Sin 2
  4. aratuk Learned

aratuk
    Parrots:
    Hmm, will it be a separate purchase from the original version? That would explain why it has to go through greenlight again.

Regardless, I liked it, so I voted yes.

^ Top  
  5. Hoaxmetal Arcane

Hoaxmetal
    Parrots:
    No it doesn't, a developer needs only 1 greenlit game to skip the whole process for his next games.

• [citation needed] [citation needed] x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. CRD Learned Patron

CRD
    Parrots:
    Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Not true, a lot of developers need multiple greenlights before they are approved by valve to publish anything they want or get a deal as publishers.

Only successful games on sales open the door for the developer to publish anything without filter.

• [citation needed] [citation needed] x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. I'm With Her SausageInYourFace for prison Arcane Patron

SausageInYourFace
    Parrots:
    Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    So why has the guy of Voidspire Tactics to go through it again?

• it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Hoaxmetal Arcane

Hoaxmetal
    Parrots:
    :informative:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. daveyd Learned

daveyd
    Parrots:
    OwNathan how is the Greenlight campaign going? I've upvoted and am sharing the link.

Also for my fellow DRM-haters, here's the old GOG wishlist entry I submitted back during the Indiegogo. I hope GOG agrees to sell the FB edition.

Last edited: May 17, 2017
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. OwNathan Inner Void Interactive Developer

OwNathan
    Parrots:
    Yup, it will be separate to get some more visibility. Also it is more like a remake than a remastered, we pretty much changed and improved everything. We actually reprogrammed the whole game.

It is going slowly after the initial exposure. But we can still do things, luckily it's not like a crowdfunding campaign.

^ Top  
  11. Make America Great Again Infinitron Trade Master Patron

Infinitron
    Parrots:
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    It kind of is if Valve shut down Greenlight next month. :M

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)