Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter ICY: Frostbite Edition

Bumvelcrow

Somewhat interesting
Patron
Dumbfuck
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Strap Yourselves In
Still only 76 backers, and the Codex has something like 13,000 registered members. Something's clearly not right.

B

kris

Arcane
I hope you dont mean the entire world? If that is the case there is only one consequencefor human life,it will end. Anyone sitting on a huge stash och conserved food will survive longer.
There are people who live in places on the Earth where there is permafrost.

The eskimos live were there is open water which enables fishing for them and polar bears. Sami live in tundra like conditions that is only frozen for part of the year, they drive their heards towards arable land during winter and go up over the treeline in summer. I live not very far from them.

kris

Arcane
kris

They mention that "Most of the Earth is covered with ice and snow, and the land suitable for living is only a quarter of what it used to be." in the indiegogo pitch, so it seems like atleast some part of the earth is still warm. Also in an earlier update there was a mention of nomads carrying medical herbs with them. So some plants must still be growable? Most of the trees seem to still have their foliage intact as well, which is a bit weird.

Makes more sense. Of course then there should be much more than 1 million people around. Potatoes can feed a lot of people, I remember we had a small field when I was young and those potatoes lasted us most of winter. Anyway, as humans are survivors I have no doubt that some would live as mentioned in the pitch, it is just the rest of the world lore I am sceptical about.

yeah, about the trees and foilage, that is another thing I seen many not understand. you need sizeable summer for any trees to survive.

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
Although the amount of backers is pretty low, they got ~40% of the goal on the first day :greatjob:

vorvek

Augur
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I've spent all my allocated jewgold for broken promises and shattered dreams this month, but I still have some room next month after backing UA. They'll get my $6. Thinking of giving $20. Have to see more first.

OwNathan

Innervoid Interactive
Developer

Brutan

Savant
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Shadorwun: Hong Kong
From the FAQ:

"
I don’t want to be racist, but you are an Italian team of developers and I don’t want my money to finance any criminal organization. How can we trust you?

If we had our hands in business like drugs dealing, prostitution or weapons smuggling, we could have asked for money from our godfather. Sadly we have no connections with the local organized crime, so we settled for an Indiegogo campaign."

Is this for real? Because I thought the game was a cover up and we would be getting our fair share from some... business establishments. So you're basically just a bunch of Italians making a game? /joke.

Tigranes

Arcane
I thought my $5 would be rerouted through the global money-laundering circuit, and I can eventually pick up my millions off that Nigerian fellow down the street that runs a sandwich cart.

OwNathan

Innervoid Interactive
Developer
From the FAQ:

"
I don’t want to be racist, but you are an Italian team of developers and I don’t want my money to finance any criminal organization. How can we trust you?

If we had our hands in business like drugs dealing, prostitution or weapons smuggling, we could have asked for money from our godfather. Sadly we have no connections with the local organized crime, so we settled for an Indiegogo campaign."

Is this for real? Because I thought the game was a cover up and we would be getting our fair share from some... business establishments. So you're basically just a bunch of Italians making a game? /joke.
I'm so sorry I lied to you, but the reality is that we're just some normal, not so badass italians. All the tales I told you about my days spent killing people, selling cocaine and talking with a sicilian accent are nothing but a lie.

I thought my $5 would be rerouted through the global money-laundering circuit, and I can eventually pick up my millions off that Nigerian fellow down the street that runs a sandwich cart.
I have a secret to tell you. What you hoped will happen, but in a different form. You have to know that half of my blood is Jew blood (and that's the moment when half the people that backed Icy start to withdraw their offers), so your money will end in the pockets of the jewish lobby, that will use them to perpetuate its evil interest: circumcise the whole world and completely ban pig meat from the Earth.

groundhog

Educated
I like the setting and the ideas behind the game, so I've backed it. Good luck with your campaign!

OwNathan

Innervoid Interactive
Developer
Thank you!

We're preparing some gameplay videos and, after a quick recording session, I decided not to talk over them, for everyone's sake. We'll start with the hunting and the scavenging systems, then we'll proceed into explaining how the fights work.

OwNathan

Innervoid Interactive
Developer
I hope to see gameplay videos soon.
The rest of the team is telling me to do the voiceover to explain what happens in those videos, but I kinda fear that the result may be something horrible.

OwNathan

Innervoid Interactive
Developer
The rest of the team is telling me to do the voiceover to explain what happens in those videos, but I kinda fear that the result may be something horrible.
Subtitles/annotations on the video man, I'll even edit them for ya.
Without me talking? I thought to do some video with some simple phrases describing what happens, but it seems like it's a meh idea for the others.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Pfft, why'd I gave money to this vapourware piece of ...

20150226085014-iqRRSccdHwIhk.gif

:takemymoney:

Kaldurenik

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Don't worry about it. I'm not sure how many kickstarter projects you have followed, but if i remember right Warhorse (kingdom come) they had a PR guy that in in short said: Don't worry about it.

If the game looks good / interesting then aslong as people can understand you you won't have a problem. While i can only speak for myself i had no problem understanding you in the kickstarter video.

Grubba

Arcane

Mama mia! How hard can it be to find a native english speaker to do some simple voice over work? We're a global village now, or some shit. Hell, if you can provide me with a script and a video I'd be up to the task (if you're ok with an amateur level phone recording). I've already backed you but I'd be willing to help for some upgraded perks perhaps..? PM me if interested

Last edited:

OwNathan

Innervoid Interactive
Developer
Don't worry about it. I'm not sure how many kickstarter projects you have followed, but if i remember right Warhorse (kingdom come) they had a PR guy that in in short said: Don't worry about it.

If the game looks good / interesting then aslong as people can understand you you won't have a problem. While i can only speak for myself i had no problem understanding you in the kickstarter video.
Then fine! I will do that! But I expect the whole RPGcodex to mock me for my horrible accent! And be creative with your insults!

Darkzone

Arcane
Let the girl talk and dance in your videos, and you will raise more money. And for stretch goals she will put some of her clothes off. (oh no i have revealed myself as a sexistic swine or as someone who loves the beauty of women body)

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Then fine! I will do that! But I expect the whole RPGcodex to mock me for my horrible accent! And be creative with your insults!
Fine gallows-humour you got there.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom