Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter ICY: Frostbite Edition

OwNathan

Innervoid Interactive
Developer
Hey OwNathan, is there an official site for Icy? That InnerVoid site is giving all kinds of 404s.
Since we're kinda poor and it's better to spend everything we can on the game, we have a basic hosting that sometimes stops working without a real reason, but it's usually matter of minutes.
Hey OwNathan, any updates on this game? To answer your question, I'm high enough on it to purchase a copy. Unfortunately, the indiegog campaign just ended and it looks like Steam and GOG might be a bit of time away. But will definitely purchase once it's available.
We're working, even if we're a little silent. The writing is nearly finished, we found some professional editors to check it, we're finishing the reworks on the interface and we'll soon start the closed beta for the backers. We should be able to deliver it on time, more or less. Before the 15th of July the game should be completed, tested and without serious issues.

Mustawd

Hey OwNathan, is there an official site for Icy? That InnerVoid site is giving all kinds of 404s.
Since we're kinda poor and it's better to spend everything we can on the game, we have a basic hosting that sometimes stops working without a real reason, but it's usually matter of minutes.
Hey OwNathan, any updates on this game? To answer your question, I'm high enough on it to purchase a copy. Unfortunately, the indiegog campaign just ended and it looks like Steam and GOG might be a bit of time away. But will definitely purchase once it's available.
We're working, even if we're a little silent. The writing is nearly finished, we found some professional editors to check it, we're finishing the reworks on the interface and we'll soon start the closed beta for the backers. We should be able to deliver it on time, more or less. Before the 15th of July the game should be completed, tested and without serious issues.

:thumbsup:

eXalted

Arcane
Here we are again! Just to let you know we haven't forgotten about you people.

We’ve been silent because we’ve been working on Icy. The release date is getting closer and we have no time to waste. We finally get in touch with anyone that will be a NPC in the game so, if you pledged to appear in Icy, check your mail!

We recently released the public alpha on GameJolt. If you haven't had the chance to test the build out, head on to GameJolt and give it a go. We would appreciate it you would rate and comment the game there. It will help us out a lot.

Click here to get to our GameJolt page!

If you happen to actually visit the GameJolt page (that would be lovely of you), feel free to let us know that you’re a backer, leaving comments like “I already paid you, go back to work you lazy pigs!”. Or maybe something more socially acceptable, but that’s up to you.

And to show you that we’re not just spending all the money on junk food and promiscuous meetings, we’ll show you some new images from the game! Enjoy!

20150430132210-MassiveTree.jpg

20150430132226-BorisWarehouse.jpg

20150430132242-RedFarmhouse.jpg

20150430132328-HazardInteriorV2.jpg

Mortmal

Arcane

You dont even need a site , a preview on the prestigious rpgcodex and its millions of views for free. Also to maximize the number of views specifically mention to the staff, you want Darth Roxor to review your game .
I played the alpha , keep on the good work.

Last edited:

OwNathan

Innervoid Interactive
Developer
Not officially, but we're close to release the closed beta for all the backers. It should be possible to play it and keep the saves for the full game, since it features only part of it.

OwNathan

Innervoid Interactive
Developer
Cool, can't wait since I'm a backer .Do you have a ETA for the beta ?
It could be tomorrow, it could be in a few more days. We'd like to release a polished beta, to avoid using people's time to test the worst bugs.

Mustawd

It could be tomorrow, it could be in a few more days. We'd like to release a polished beta, to avoid using people's time to test the worst bugs.

Is there a way to preorder this? I'm ok with not getting the beta, but would like to go ahead and contribute financially sooner rather than later. :)

OwNathan

Innervoid Interactive
Developer

Is there a way to preorder this? I'm ok with not getting the beta, but would like to go ahead and contribute financially sooner rather than later. :)
The game should be lanched in a month, or even less, but we won't probably have a preorder page, just a "coming soon" page.

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
Is it too late to get the boxed version of the game?

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
I was referring to the Warlord tier on the IGG page. Typically developers will close off backing / pre-ordering of the physical copies months (even years in the case of games like Distance and Satellite Reign) before the game's release.

OwNathan

Innervoid Interactive
Developer
Right now I think we can't legally sell boxed copies, I'll ask the commercial consultant to know more about it.

Self-Ejected

Ludo Lense

Self-Ejected
This looks genuinely appealing. Could be another under-the-radar enjoyable surprise indie game like Betrayer was last year. The name is kind of underwhelming though, needed something more spiffy and eye-catching like... of the top of my head, Apex Cold.

Last edited:

Viata

Arcane
I like what I have seen of this game so far and I'm buying it on release just because you know exactly where spend your money.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/icy-a-post-apocalyptic-rpg#/updates

7 minutes ago
Here we are with a fresh update about Icy!

Icy is going to be released soon, that’s why the beta is ready and we’re about to send it out to the backers who pledged at least 20$. For everyone else, we’ll soon release an updated demo, in which you’ll be able to see all the changes and improvements.

We’re now working to deliver you the most polished Icy as possible, to let you enjoy the game without having to tolerate bugs of any kind. In such moments, we rediscovered the wisdom behind death threats to keep the team focused on the game and we joyfully thank the internet for allowing us to buy chains and whips without having to leave our workplace.

OwNathan

Innervoid Interactive
Developer
Yeah, all the 20+ backers will soon receive the beta, which features a larger part of the game compared to the alpha. We delayed the beta release because we polished it until we managed to have something stable, something that doesn't crash every 10 minutes and can be actually enjoyed. We were about to share the Mac and PC betas today, but we found a little problem which could negatively affect the enjoyment of the game, so we'll have to build and upload again both of them.

We also got some editing on most dialogues and hope the editor managed to remove all the pizza and pasta from them, so the english should be smoother now.

Last edited:

OwNathan

Innervoid Interactive
Developer
How will you send the beta? Do I have to register to a site or something?
Not at all, thanks to our poverty top notch technology we will use an awesome way to send the betas around: a guy will mail you all.

Brutan

Savant
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Shadorwun: Hong Kong
How will you send the beta? Do I have to register to a site or something?
Not at all, thanks to our poverty top notch technology we will use an awesome way to send the betas around: a guy will mail you all.

Please let us know when you're done sending them. I keep checking my email. I want to know if you've skipped me by mistake.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom