Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Icewind Dale in TToEE Engine Total Conversion - Prologue Demo Released

Dwarvophile

Liturgist
Seeing some weird font bug. Red box emphasis mine.

I had those too.

(only in the beginning, in the tavern where you meet the veteran)

Last edited:

Allyx

Savant
I have taken a bit of a break from modding for the last 5 months, but I have started to make some more progress, I have fixed the text bug in the post above, the dodgy character was a hyphen. I have edited the dialogue to remove these hyphens.

I've also adjusted the XP rewards for a few quests, and have started work on the Butcher reputation which will summon a shit kicking Hrothgar should any of Easthaven's townspeople fall victim to PC aggression.

EDIT: Shitkicking Hrothgar is working just fine now, took a little while to figure out why he wasn't despawning from his house if you managed to kill him, but I got it now. I will need to buff him a little I think, he's not an easy fight, but he should be nigh impossible to beat.

Last edited:

Allyx

Savant
New patch for the Demo released, Patch 4 fixes the map limits, so you can't scroll off the edge endlessly, and fixes the number of magic arrows available.

The next patch I'll tackle will add the localized sounds in Easthaven, water splashing on the shore and bridge, wind jangling the fishing equipment together etc... just need to figure out how it's done (I know it can be done, just need to figure out how).

Rather than release a Patch 5 later though I think I'll roll it all together to upload as a complete Full Demo Release version, and upload it to ModDB.

Allyx

Savant
We are going to overhaul the selectable deities for this mod, since ToEE uses Grayhawk's pantheon of Gods, and Faerûn has it's own pantheon which is mostly different.

The God's I've chosen to represent are listed below:

Bane LE - Destruction, Evil, Law, War - Spiked Gauntlet preferred weapon)
Chauntea NG - Animal, Good, Plant, Sun
Corellon Larethian (Unchanged) CG - Chaos, Good, Protection, War - Longsword preferred weapon
Garl Glittergold (Unchanged) NG - Good, Protection, Trickery
Gruumsh (Unchanged) CE - Chaos, Evil, Strength, War - Spear preferred weapon
Helm LN - Law, Protection, Strength
Lathander NG - Good, Protection, Strength, Sun
Mask NE - Trickery, Evil, Luck
Moradin (Unchanged) LG - Earth, Good, Law, Protection
Mystra (Midnight) LN - Knowledge, Good, Magic
Oghma NN - Knowledge, Luck, Trickery, Travel
Selûne CG - Protection, Travel, Chaos, Good
Shar NE - Evil, Knowledge, Death
Silvanus NN - Animal, Plant, Protection
Talos CE - Chaos, Evil, Destruction, Fire
Tempus CN - Protection, War, Chaos - Battleaxe preferred weapon
Tymora CG - Chaos, Travel, Good, Protection
Tyr LG - Good, Law, War, Knowlkedge - Longsword preferred weapon
Waukeen NN - Knowledge, Protection, Travel

Is this a fair representaion of Faerûn's pantheon? I am no Forgotten Realms expert, so would appreciate the feedback.

Last edited:

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Sune, goddess of love, beauty and obviously sex? Who wouldn't want to worship this -

latest

Allyx

Savant
We are discussing the posibility of expanding the selectable deity list to include the other 8 hard coded deity options in Temple Plus, perhaps the God of Sex and Love and Sausage Rolls will make an appearance when we do, even if only for my vague attempt at an Ian Drury and the Blockheads reference above.

Allyx

Savant
Yup, that was one I was trying hard to include, but since he wasn't specifically mentioned as an option in character creation in IWD, (Tyr was instead) he just missed out. I didn't want to disrupt the ballance of deity alignments and stray too far from ToEE's current deity alignment set, and Tyr was also of Lawful Good alignment.

Ilmater is mentioned in IWD, but merely being a Good aligned Cleric is enough to satisfy that part of the code in IWD. If/When we can use the additional deities with Temple Plus, Ilmater will be included in those 8.

deuxhero

Arcane
Most the FR gods I can think of off hand that would be major enough to include use domains not in ToEE. The exception is Umberlee. She's CE with the Chaos, Destruction, Evil, Water domains plus some ones not in ToEE. You could throw in Travel to replace her non-implemented domains (as her temple is a glorified extortion racket on traveling ships and relatively common for a CE deity in "civilized" places as a result. Being something other than a death/slavery cult makes her a fun evil deity.)

Dorateen

Arcane
Would like to see the whole dwarven pantheon included in addition to Moradin, but at least the following:

Clangeddin Silverbeard LG - battle, war, valor

Dumathoin N - keeper of secrets under the mountain

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Re. Ilmater
You can replace one of the non-player-selectable deities with him (like Ralishaz or something like that) if there are NPC clerics that worship him.

Allyx

Savant
Yeah that was the plan, if you want a list of the non-selectable gods that need editing, I'm still finalising which ones I want, but Bhaal, Ilmater, Umberlee, Lolth and perhaps Dumathoin will make that shortlist. As for the other 3, still thinking about which to include.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Here's a prudent question - what does it matter who the characters worship? I haven't played ToEE seriously (but I've played IWD), so maybe clerics get the domains their god gives them instead of choosing them?

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Here's a prudent question - what does it matter who the characters worship? I haven't played ToEE seriously (but I've played IWD), so maybe clerics get the domains their god gives them instead of choosing them?
Clerics choose 2 from their Deity's domains in ToEE. There's also the matter of Favoured Weapons for Deities with the War domain and Positive/Negative energy channeling.
I imagine it might also matter in dialog checks.

Allyx

Savant
Yep certain dialogue check for clerics of specific faiths or classes in general, as well as alignment in some cases. Since IWD shiped supporting only generic Clerics and speciality priests of 5 different faiths, most of this is purely for character customisation purposes, but since we can add more faiths, why not?

Allyx

Savant
So the full list will be:

1 Waukeen NN - Knowledge, Protection, Travel
2 Corellon Larethian (Elf) CG - Chaos, Good, Protection, War - Longsword preferred weapon
3 Chauntea NG - Animal, Good, Plant, Sun
4 Talos CE - Chaos, Evil, Destruction, Fire
5 Silvanus NN - Animal, Plant, Protection
6 Garl Glittergold (Gnome) NG - Good, Protection, Trickery
7 Gruumsh (Orc) CE - Chaos, Evil, Strength, War - Spear preferred weapon
8 Tyr LG - Good, Law, War, Knowledge - Longsword preferred weapon
9 Bane LE - Destruction, Evil, Law, War - Spiked Gauntlet preferred weapon
10 Selûne CG - Protection, Travel, Chaos, Good
11 Moradin (Dwarf) LG - Earth, Good, Law, Protection
12 Auril NE - Water, Evil, Air
13 Oghma NN - Knowledge, Luck, Trickery, Travel
14 Tempus CN - Protection, War, Chaos - Battleaxe preferred weapon
15 Lathander NG - Good, Protection, Strength, Sun
16 Helm LN - Law, Protection, Strength
17 Myrkul NE - Evil, Luck, Death
18 Mystra LN - Knowledge, Good, Magic
19 Brandobaris (Halfling) NN - Travel, Trickery, Luck

---------- With Temple Plus ----------
20 Urdlen (Gnome) CE - Chaos, Earth, Evil
21 Avoreen (Halfling) LG - Good, Law, War, Protection - Shortsword preferred weapon
22 Bhaal LE - Death, Destruction, Evil
23 Lolth (Elf) CE - Chaos, Evil, Destruction, Trickery
24 Ilmatar LG - Good, Law, Healing, Strength
25 Dumathoin (Dwarf) NN - Earth, Knowledge, Protection
26 Umberlee CE - Chaos, Evil, Destruction, Water
27 Yurtrus (Orc) NE - Death, Evil, Destruction

Last edited:

deuxhero

Arcane
Most the FR gods I can think of off hand that would be major enough to include use domains not in ToEE
Which ones were you thinking of specifically?
Red Knight and Hoar tended to appear in a lot of FR material, despite being low on the deity power rung. Red Knight is LN Law, Nobility, Planning, War (longsword), but without nobility and planning there's nothing that seperates her from Tyr. Hoar is Fate, Law, Retribution, Travel..

I'd say Sharess was big enough to warrant inclusion, but checking her history she's just Shar's minion at the time of IWD (1281) and would be for almost 100 years after that.

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
Any ideas on how many man hours would you need to convert all maps?

And speaking of which, what is the process like? How much of that can be automatized? I mean if it's take a map chunk size ??x?? and put it at pos x, y and the same goes for the monsters, then yeah why not just write a couple of scripts.

Allyx

Savant
Urdlen and some other inane god like, dunno, Brandobaris (wtf?) out, Clangeddin and Azuth in

make it so
I added those so Halflings and Gnomes would have more than one option, no need to be sizist ;)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom