Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Icewind Dale in TToEE Engine Total Conversion - Prologue Demo Released

Allyx

Savant
Well, the Demo is uploaded, you can find a link to download it in this thread.

You will need to have BOTH The Temple of Elemental Evil, and Icewind Dale installed, and use the TFE-X (Temple Front end) application (found in the Co8 patch for ToEE) to activate the Icewind Dale Demo.

Please provide feedback, and bug reports in the thread linked above.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
A bit more descriptive instructions wouldn't hurt.

Spent a while figuring out where to put the IWD mod files so that the Front-End X would recognize it. Never used mods for TOEE.

After it says "activation complete", clicking on "ok" doesn't do anything... The FEX hangs. https://i.gyazo.com/5e7f001d856d5c8740cf45b81d7168ea.png

After killing it, when I relaunch the FEX it says the Co8 mod is active again... Should I just reinstall the whole game and the mod again?

Upd: Activated it again. It asked for chtin.key this time. It didn't do it the first time around. Activation went smooth, however it resulted it some problem: https://i.gyazo.com/8caa343465ca7caa90a20f829b609530.png

Last edited:

Jinn

Arcane
This is really exciting! If anyone tries this out, would you be willing to post some screenshots in this thread?

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Reinstalled the game, then the co8 mod pack. First attempt to activate the mod leads to a hang. Then you kill the process and try again, it asks for chtin.key this time. Activation goes through.

Started new game. I don't know if it's me, but when the game starts, I'm in this area and I can't exit it https://i.gyazo.com/e4b0a46df9b72a4b99725f3fde9d7b0a.jpg

I tried resting. Doesn't work.

Also, a bit unrelated question, didn't ToEE used to have highlight on Tab? Or maybe it didn't, but then how do I highlight stuff?

Allyx

Savant
Are you stuck on the shopmap? Once you purchase your starting equipment from the chests in that area, there is a portal just to the right of the spot you start in (looks like the ToEE icon) click the ToEE icon and a dialogue will give you the option to advance to Easthaven.

Tab will highlight most interactive items, though there are a few exceptions in this mod.

Last edited:

Lonely Vazdru

Pimp my Title
It works fine for me. I just started the orcs cave and stopped, I'll finish tomorrow. Real impressive job so far, everything went fine, great attention to details (like the original cursors) and the joy of playing one of my all-time favourite dungeon crawl with proper tactical combat.

:bro:
Huge brofist man !

If you don't run out of steam and actually finish this, you could become the stuff of legends, bards would sing your name and there would be much rejoicing.

Some screens :

Dead wolves outside the orcs cave.
dG4Z9tj.jpg

Expedition talk.
53MUbRR.jpg

Squirrel pokers.
2TKGWtb.jpg

Orcs fight.
AORIZE0.jpg

Level up !
u6iAHJH.jpg

Last edited:

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
I haven't played ToEE in a while, the character models look kinda crappy. Is it because of the gear? I've started a playthrough of the original IWD recently and the IE models look much better, probably because the gear adapts to the original colors of the character and each piece of gear doesn't have its own distinct model.

Lonely Vazdru

Pimp my Title
Yeah, I also replayed the original ID just a couple of days ago and I thought the same thing while playing this. As nice as the ToEE engine may be, the characters sprites do look a bit subpar in the old IE environment.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
It's the gear mostly. It's like in NWN2 where each piece had its distinct textures and colors and the result looked kinda goofy. It's not that bad though.

Probably it's also the fact that you see them in IWDs maps, in ToEE I hadn't really noticed it.

Lonely Vazdru

Pimp my Title
Okay I finished the demo. The game crashes right after the avalanche movie, when you should get to Kuldahar's pass but I guess it's supposed to.
Fucking quality product Allyx, so far it's a flawless victory. Now make this a fatality by finishing it.
:brodex:

More screens :

That fucking shaman won't go down.
F6bPTlE.jpg

Good armour, no wonder he was so tough.
3Z6u4Yl.jpg

Now, that was satisfying ! Cleave rules.
lmWckRK.jpg

Fan, prepare to meet shit.
Nn3IWUW.jpg

Told ya.
T5guoNZ.jpg

Our heroes eagerly await the next chapter.
08THzm1.jpg

Last edited:

Allyx

Savant
It's actually not supposed to crash at that point, Kuldahar Pass is complete as well. I am currently trying to fix the crash issue, I will be posting a fix for this issue as soon as I have fixed it.

BlackGoat

Arbiter
Getting a crash trying to leave the first tavern when I use Temple+. Works fine if I don't use T+

Allyx

Savant
Hmm, it works, but from the looks of those screenshots, those Orc Shaman aren't working correctly, there'll be another patch soon to fix them. Those Shaman should have a much better AI than they appear to have had.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom