Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

IceBlink Basic (Engine+Toolset)

slowdive

Bree Arts
Developer
I have a beta version of IceBlink Basic (IBbasic) ready for beta testing. It is available for PC, iOS, and Android. I have it up on Google Play, Apple Testflight program, and the PC version from my dropbox.

For updates, including current links to builds, check here often:
http://www.iceblinkengine.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=553

IBbasic (v12) on Google Play:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.iceblinkengine.ibb.ibbasic

IBbasic (v12) on iOS:
Currently in Apple's testflight beta program. If you can test on an iOS device, send me a PM with your First and Last name (Apple has a field for these, but I could probably just enter a fake name) and an email address.

IBbasic (v12) on PC:
https://neverwintervault.org/project/iceblink/other/tool/iceblink-basic-enginetoolset

I really could use a number of testers to make sure it is working well on all device types. If you have some time to spare, please givcve The Raventhal a play through and let us know how it went.

Save Often :P

IceBlink is basiccally a mix of SSI Goldbox (combat and 3d view), NWN/NWN2 SoZ (conversation system including party system)

file.php

file.php

file.php

More images including Toolset in spoiler tags:
file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

Last edited:

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive
Hmm I'd like to offer my assistance but I'm not sure if I trust some guy on the internet with my first and last name along with an email. No offense intended, love your engine.

slowdive

Bree Arts
Developer
Hmm I'd like to offer my assistance but I'm not sure if I trust some guy on the internet with my first and last name along with an email. No offense intended, love your engine.

I hear ya on that. It should be possible to put in a fake name, but the email is used to send the specific invite to the Apple Testflight program to beta test the IBbasic app on iOS.

As an alternative, you could always use the PC or Android version.

Last edited:

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
deterministic system > RNG

Last edited:

slowdive

Bree Arts
Developer
A stand alone version of The Raventhal is now available on Google Play using the new IBbasic engine.

It has:
-no ads, no in-app purchases, totally free
-no permissions required
-SSI gold box style combat and 3d views (some maps use 2d top down views)
-branching dialog system with great party character development
-overall great module and story by Pongo

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.iceblinkengine.ibb.ibbraventhal

file.php

Currently being reviewed by Apple before it can be available on App Store.

Mustawd

Getting it. Thanks Slowdive. More iphone stuff please. Android is a thing of the past. Apple, specifically iPhone, is the future.

slowdive

Bree Arts
Developer
Everything Apple is overpriced garbage.
Except for IceBlink modules on App Store, they are priced just right... They are totally FREE :P

I should have The Elderin Stone ready for Google Play and App Store in a couple of weeks. More GoldBoxesque goodness for those flip phones and myTabs.

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive
Getting it. Thanks Slowdive. More iphone stuff please. Android is a thing of the past. Apple, specifically iPhone, is the future.
Everything Apple is overpriced garbage.

>claims apple is garbage
>lives a charmed life owning an iphone
>”god, I love my iphone” - Wayward Son

:M
I have never once said that. The iPhone has been giving me nothing but trouble, and the only reason I got it was that it was at a massive discount when I was getting a new phone

slowdive

Bree Arts
Developer
I have used both Android and iOS devices for years now, they both have their pros and cons. From a development stand point, the is a whole other list of pros and cons. My goal is to have these awesome modules that the IB community has created out to as many players as possible that would enjoy them. More players will hopefully mean more fun IB modules being created.

I appreciate the IceBlink effort! Here's a little feedback on the Android version.

* There is a large frame around the viewport and buttons that seems like dead space. Widen the viewport and put the buttons further out.

* The viewport is centered on the upper left corner of the PC, but it should be at the center of the PC.

* I can see 3 tiles below the PC before the buttons block my view, 5 tiles to the left, and 4 to the right.

* Space on the character creation screen also seems squandered. I would condense the top-center buttons and give the stats more space to grow.

Is that a first person mode in the screenshots? Has IB always had that?

slowdive

Bree Arts
Developer
Thanks for testing this Lord of the Files. I'll look into make some UI adjustments. It is challenging working with all the possible resolutions and aspect ratios out there. I'm using a set UI layout starting with squares being 24x24 pixels (goldbox token size) that scales by integers. I'd like to keep the viewport to 10x10 squares as this works well with the transition between top down views, 3d views (first person), and combat screen maps.

Also, you can show/hide the toggle buttons on the bottom by tapping the rusty gear looking button. You can show/hide the PC tokens on the top by tapping the portrait looking button.

The first person view is something added to IBbasic and is not in IB.

slowdive

Bree Arts
Developer
I started importing Pongo's other IB module The Elderin Stone into IBbasic. It is all working, but I need to do some tile clean up first.

file.php

Mustawd

I made some characters.

Crispy’s main skill is to steal your monies by selling overpriced GPUs and overcharging the elderly to organize their internet explorer bookmarks.

1P0Zsvp.png

iERf6TA.png

lbAEefk.png

hPbUugB.png

RGdvWSu.png

c5E8mq3.png

slowdive

Bree Arts
Developer
I posted The Elderin Stone (FREE) and Lanterna - The Exile ($0.99) to Google Play (still in Apple review):

The Elderin Stone (IBbasic RPG) description by Pongo:
"The King is dying, and your party has been somewhat forcibly coerced into a seemingly futile mission to find a legendary artifact said to contain the power to heal the dying - an Elderin Stone. The King's archaeologist believes that a stone might be found in an ancient, unexplored temple in the Mirthal Forest, but whilst exploring the area he managed to get captured by bandits. It seems you have several problems to resolve..."

May take a bit for the link to start working once approved by Google Play:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.iceblinkengine.ibb.ibbelderinstone

file.php

file.php

file.php

Lanterna - The Exile:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.iceblinkengine.ibb.lanternaexile

Paid app to help with forums annual server fees and Apple dev fee

file.php

file.php

Last edited:

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Works pretty well but there's some scaling issue. iPhone 5s

Attachments

• IMG_0620.PNG
    IMG_0620.PNG
    261.7 KB · Views: 300

slowdive

Bree Arts
Developer
Works pretty well but there's some scaling issue. iPhone 5s
Once you get to the main map screen there is a zoom button that offers two scaling options. The UI layout is a fixed style so depending on your aspect ratio, you will have excess space on top/bottom or left/right. Only IBbasic (PC, iOS, Android, UWP) has this defined UI layout, regular IB (only for PC) does not. Karl saw the same issue with The Elderin Stone having some text nodes being too long to fit all on the screen...I just need to remove all the "line returns" in those dialog nodes.

The user created modules are pretty good. slowdive is it considered tacky to port NWN modules to IB if ur not the module author? Be honest.
Probably best to get author's permission before exporting. The only NWN modules I have converted so far are my own and Zach Holbrook's (The Birthday and H&C). I did a couple of test conversions of some popular NWN modules to test if my import code was working well..it worked out pretty well. I read all the binary data directly into IB and map the data to equivalent IB objects.

slowdive

Bree Arts
Developer

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom