Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

IceBlink 2 Problem, Not Sure if Bug or User Error.

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive
Hi. I decided to try to use IceBlink 2 to make a module and gain some experience with game design and codes/scripts in the process. However, when I attempt to open the toolset, it gives me two error messages saying that it cannot find weathers.json and weathereffects.json, but it said it would create new ones when saving the module, so I figured no harm done. Then, when attempting to create said module, it tells me that New Module is "not implemented yet". So, any help is appreciated. I'm npt sure if I might have installed incorrectly (I just downloaded the archive from Neverwinter Vaults for v21) or if this is some major bug in the newest version.

slowdive
Dorateen

slowdive

Bree Arts
Developer
I'm guessing that you probably clicked on the "new" button? Yup, that doesn't do anything and we should probably just remove it. When you open the toolset, it always opens the default base module. At that point, you can do a "save as" to create a new module or click the "open" button to open an existing module. If there is an existing module that you think is close to what you want to do, you could always open that module and then do a "save as" to create your own. Also, remember to use the "incremental save" button (the one that looks like a disk with a black plus sign on it) to save often your module as you go. The "incremental save" button is like the "save" button except that it will create a back-up of your module (in the "module_backups" folder) with an incremental number suffix as well as replacing the one in the "modules" folder.

Dorateen

Arcane
Like slowdive said, using the default module when you open the toolset to start building, and then "save as" is the way to create a new file under the name of your project.

The weather.json and weathereffect.json pop-ups are left over from the experimental weather system in one of the earlier builds. You can just click OK, and proceed to working in the toolset.

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive
Thanks for the help guys!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom