Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress I won't give up on making Nottingham Forest great again!(FM 2011 LP)

Self-Ejected

an Administrator

Self-Ejected
Where expecting basics is considered perfectionism
Hello

My last attempt(in FM2008) failed due to a corrupted savegame. It was going pretty well and i managed to get promoted to Championship. You can read the full details here

This time, i want to do this challenge in a much more stable version of Football Manager and i will follow the golden rule of "SAVE OFTEN AND IN DIFFERENT SLOTS".

The goals are the same, achieving the followings:

Primer League Cup
Champions League Cup
FA Cup

Now, the journey begins...

fm_2017_03_24_16_35_58_08.jpg

Self-Ejected

an Administrator

Self-Ejected
Let's do a squad analysis!

First we start from the attack line

v5u7mzG.jpg

Wow, a Target Man who cannot into heading, can't pass the ball and is injury-prone. :prosper:
Next!

Mrz6Rlj.jpg

Well, at least this happy Dark Elf can into heading and scoring goals and has a decent speed.

anszfjw.jpg

His speed is his only saving grace, but pace alone can't help a striker when he can't score, dribble, head, or even pass the ball.
OUT!

G2DYFjL.jpg

This Welsh manlet with a weird head has some fine stats. Good for sitting on the bench i guess.

I have 4 strikers and only one of them is half-decent. It seems that buying a striker should be my first priority in this transfer season.

Now the Middlefielders

Fortunately, my middle line is actually good. I have one good defensive mid and an experienced central mid plus two promising lads.

knan_fm_2017-03-24_17-57-22-39.jpg

gua_fm_2017-03-24_17-57-13-05.jpg

hb6_fm_2017-03-24_17-57-02-87.jpg

mux6_fm_2017-03-24_17-56-36-79.jpg

All i need is only a backup for my defensive mid.

Defense

My defense line is solid, powerful central defenders and pacey wing-backs. I think it needs no improvement.

9v4h_fm_2017-03-24_18-05-21-45.jpg

t21u_fm_2017-03-24_18-04-23-85.jpg

7l8e_fm_2017-03-24_18-05-06-68.jpg

g36k_fm_2017-03-24_18-05-11-83.jpg

Since my budget is limited(only 500£), i should probably take a look at free agent players...

Self-Ejected

an Administrator

Self-Ejected
Half-season and we are on the top!
I managed to hold a very long undefeated record(24 games) without savescuming even though i had a big injury crisis early on.
OITrg7h.jpg

This transfer season wasn't really good tbh, couldn't attract better players with such limited budget.
jw9mM1y.jpg

Notable Transfers:

He's kinda useful as a deep lying mid
BWNz6Hi.jpg

Ok-ish striker who misses a lot of chances
iV3gsOR.jpg

My Best players so far

This melonhead dude saved my ass several times and is my best striker. He was fantastic as an Advanced Forward.

Ixsc9M0.jpg

My chance-creator

EogDWTs.jpg

Best winger/inside forward

wQcFotE.jpg

Best defender
h3PgfCP.jpg

If i can keep this up i can win the championship!
f4Cd2qV.jpg

Self-Ejected

an Administrator

Self-Ejected
Second season was really hard. My team was like a fish that got thrown into the pool of sharks which is the English League. But we managed to avoid relegation and finish mid-table and reach the final in League Cup(to lose against Liverpool).
w66GqBg.jpg

15 draws >-<

Transfer

Worst moment of this transfer season was the signing of Adel Tarabat. This guy started to hate me for no reason and played so bad that i had to sell him in less than six months.

63q9_fm_2017-05-30_18-40-53-14.jpg

New Players:

CdDmaGT.jpg

My best defender so far.

culrtX5.jpg

iybMRuA.jpg

dM9o15n.jpg

QPMqAGX.jpg

eWiC6av.jpg

PQpmBz5.jpg

BSWD1Jc.jpg

JVdH0IP.jpg

Top Five Performers
Z6XEbh5.jpg

The best goalscorer
5cAPilL.jpg

CdDmaGT.jpg

Self-Ejected

an Administrator

Self-Ejected
This season was a complete disappointment. After spending about 30 millions i barely managed to finish mid-table. Tactical inconsistency was the main reason i kept losing games and only with the late arrival of Ricky Lambert i managed to save the season. (I was playing a simple 4-4-2 but it wasn't working well until i added a good Deep-Lying Forward in January)

kpH4cdI.jpg

KGBGdrS.jpg

Yet another busy transfer season
812VKWs.jpg
'

Top performers:

vl0vtPx.jpg

TloT0Ka.jpg

LYqkBZd.jpg

2wkvOEP.jpg

AJiQvqq.jpg

XLqlPnG.jpg

lJIPQ94.jpg

00hNOPW.jpg

turkishronin

Arcane
It has been a long time since I updated this thread, so long that one of the users who followed this thread has died. Anyway, here's the not-so-much-awaited update:

Despite working so hard on the team this was all I was able to achieve, it's really hard to catch up to Liverpool.
ZnQNLkp.jpg

The only big player I could afford to buy this season was Chris Brunt. I also had to sell my top scorer, Chris Wood, because he got stuck in national team bug. Fortunately, Kevin Doyle managed to take his place properly.
bfdSqTd.jpg

Top Signings:
HxwGfpU.jpg

R5FMOHr.jpg

PO4u6iB.jpg

W6dgg8B.jpg

bZV9Ig0.jpg

Tactics:
This season I made slight alterations to the usual 4-4-2 system with having a DLM-BWM in the middlefield, setting a slow tempo, rigid structure and a focus on long balls.

m8DFfZB.jpg

i7N4RlI.jpg

John Fleck proved to be good at both being a winger and a striker. I finally decided so sign him permanently.

Top Performers

LOKDqNz.jpg

He was a good substitute for Chris Wood, solid Target Man.
HEt8skX.jpg

The best player of the year, he dominated the game as a Ball-Winning mid.

dYDgPw3.jpg

I used him as an attacker and as a winger this season, made a lot goals as a striker and delivered a good number of assists as a winger.

xk9HpUd.jpg

Also this was the most epic game of the season

4NtUg3b.jpg

Last edited:

turkishronin

Arcane
NEW UPDATE

This season has been fantastic. We were placed 4th in the league and achieved direct promotion to Champions League.

mj85HNH.jpg

The secret to our success is the tactical overhaul I did at January. Basically I changed the entire system of the our game. From classic English 4-4-2 to a possession-based strategy. I based this tactic on Louis Van Gaal tactics in Netherlands and Manchester United. 5-3-2 with DLM and a CM in the middle, an Advanced Playmaker upfront and two CFs. With our new signings in the middlefield this tactic worked like a charm.
lgxdLif.jpg

bL0pwmp.jpg

I didn't spend big this season and most of my transfers were free, and as usual they worked better than expensive players.
PyE1ufV.jpg

Transfers:
pVylRmm.jpg

LmQ391o.jpg

yeah another big transfer that flopped :(
HG8z7xv.jpg

mU8xsR6.jpg

8kv0D9e.jpg

2p1xFKB.jpg

In this new system we play as a team so there's little room for special stars to shine and basically all players performed more or less the same.
NGXSDgQ.jpg

oMEn2WP.jpg

JDO7tbF.jpg

Kyle Walker has been my best player so far.
4h8macE.jpg

6MjcW2O.jpg

turkishronin

Arcane
This season has been the most chaotic and the most epic season so far. Even though we ended up 4th place just like last season, we were just a few points short to win the league and has been considered title challengers throughout the season. I believe we needed just one consistent striker away from being champions.
WhcEs9k.jpg

DVx8Unj.jpg

As you can see, our defense was one of the best in the league but we didn't score many goals.
yfGyvc8.jpg

I took a big risk this transfer season by basically selling oall our main forwards(Doyle, Mateeb,De Strutter and Tulio de Mello), I believed bringing David Villa and Andy Caroll would be enough to replace them. Unfortunately, David Villa didn't become the goal machine I hoped him to be and Andy Caroll proved to be a massive disaster.
WXMbApc.jpg

On the positive side, Kieran Gibbs proved to be quite a sold player and Scott Loach was such a good keeper that he put Westwood on the bench and was even called up to England national team. Bebe was my most surprising signing because I never believed he would end up being our team's best scorer.
Transfers:
X2jXVsQ.jpg

xeNstIO.jpg

31YWN5h.jpg

jSn65Uu.jpg

qf1Zu8g.jpg

cJPa0wx.jpg

XaumZji.jpg

IBdfj9P.jpg

z4gDJjV.jpg

The most important moment of the season was when the lads managed to put our first European title, the Europa League Cup, in the bag. It was quite a hard challenge but we managed to get on the top.

Fn7dVOR.jpg

37mq0EN.jpg

OWNkNYY.jpg

We defeated Schalke and Man UTD to get to the final and after a hard struggle won against Napoli with just 10 men.

For the tactics, I used the same as I did last season, although a crushing defeat at the hands of West Brom in FA Cup(4-1) and me having problem with my technical players(particularly Tom Cairney and John Fleck) forced me to revert to the old British system of 4-4-2, and since Andy Carroll was such a terrible Target Man, I had to sign Sam Vokes. The system worked quite well but after I made up with my tactical players I changed the system back to the previous 3-5-2. I also had to demote Kyle Walker to the reserve team for the rest of the season since he got mad I blocked his move to Liverpool.

Best Players:
UkbF789.jpg

Bebe and Asamoa Gyan were our top goalscorers and Tom Cairney sent the most assists.

Top Players:
qU4HM0a.jpg

YrT2TOY.jpg

YwrgFg4.jpg

8Qg0zT2.jpg

YfxMJbF.jpg

Howdy

Pogba is a real enigma, but I think he needs to be in a world class team to thrive, to have the pressure off of himself to be more intuitive. Utd isn't it which kills me as a Utd fan. But at least Maguire is in the bag which is a huge signing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom