Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed I want to be an Urist - A community Dwarf Fortress LP

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
What happens if you turn everyone into a vampire? They still need blood right?

If there was a replenishing source of blood, that would sort out the food problem ahaha.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
You could piss off the elven caravan, and catch every elf that comes to your fortress to store them in cages until its feeding time. Dunno if that would even work though.

Urist McLurker

Learned
I went through every dwarf via Dwarf Therapist which was tedious as fuck to see if I could spot anything; not a thing. I thought it would be good from a storytelling point of view to know who the vampire is at the start of the year and I couldn't find him/her, I might have missed the vampire, or the vampire might have died, but I've had a few dehydration related deaths, but there hasn't been a death yet that I've been unaware of the chain of events that led to it.
I'm currently going through every single dwarfs' information screen to see if the tags after "needs alcohol to get through the working day" are about not having any drink of booze for ages. According to the Dwarf Fortress wiki this is the main surefire way of finding out who's a vampire par from seeing them do it in the units screen.

From what I've read they don't actually need blood to live. The discussion/talk page for Vampire on the DF wiki mentions them living without ale/blood/food, but that they're awful workers due to lack of booze.
I'll edit this post once I've finished checking through every dwarf.

Edit: Took about 15 minutes or so but I've checked through each of the dwarves information screen and all of them have had alcohol; however there's been, what, 12-14? (*cough*) deaths since the possible vampire attacks have started(though that's counting the attacks themselves), the vampire could have been one of the deaths I think it's safe to assume that currently in the fortress there isn't a vampire, I could be wrong, but I've done/tried to my best ability the legends test, the ale test, and the dwarf therapist test. I could rename all of their professions and see which one doesn't change, but I'm personally sure there isn't a vampire currently in the fortress.
It's possible I missed the vampire, and there is one in the fortress, but only time will tell unless you guys want me to investigate even further.

CappenVarra

phase-based phantasmist
Patron
You've done what you could, and I think it's better to just move on to other matters than to spend days looking for black cats in dark rooms, burn out and quit. In case the vampire is hiding somewhere, I'm sure the added FUN will only improve the experience... But hell, what do I know, I only lurk and never played the game ;)

SerratedBiz

Arcane
I say you stop heeding the words of these superstitious madmen and continue onwards to great glory for Virgintraded.

Urist McLurker

Learned
I'll give up the search for the vampire. Well, more that there's other more pressing matters to attend to fortress wise.
The good news is I don't think we're going to have much of a food problem soon.

Cassidy

Arcane
I usually tolerate vampires as long as their victims are beekeepers and soap makers and go after them only after they start killing useful dorfs.

Urist McLurker

Learned
[The images are smaller, something about the image site changing their size or something, I've decided to stick with it because there's so many screenshots(42 or 43) that I thought having them smaller is actually a good thing. If it doesn't agree with you chaps let me know and I'll reupload or something at the original size]
Music: [You uh, might want to put it on repeat.]
2nd Granite, Diary of Urist "McLurker", The interim mayor.

Mestthos has died, the fight did last a long time Diary.
RpQpDh.jpg

ZWB89h.jpg

VtJ0rh.jpg

I haven't been able to track down who finished Mestthos off, but it was a bloody finishing hit, ripped Mestthos' body in half from a crossbow bolt [I'm fairly sure that's how Mestthos died, the z status page for Mestthos talks about having half a torso left or something]
KRiTah.jpg

Carpenter whateverhiselfnameis finally couldn't stand the guilt of working so closely with wood without burning it and has gone half bonkers. Can't say I'm surprised. Diary, you're right, any dwarf that makes something with wood rather than burns it is will always turn out to be crazy in the end. Damn elflovers. Even their name invites doom, I've heard stories about Carps, last thing anyone would want would be to let the carps enter..

And as if throw an elephant into the mix, the dwarvenculturehater has taken over a clothiers!
GDzrIh.jpg

CLOTHIERS!? Can't trust these midget elves.

But don't worry Diary, good news, Zaneg, trying to make up for her sins told us what happened to our other miner. Kib was left working under the forges without any food or ale. What a terrible fate.
wsOf2h.jpg

With Zaneg's help we located and saved Kib from a fate worse than..All other fates..Death by lack of booze

3rd Granite, Diary of Urist "McLurker", The interim mayor.

The drink is good here, it's a cruel reminder of losing the baroness. She did everything for us to have the great ale we enjoy today. Thought I'll quickly jot down that I saw Dishmab go FUCKING CRAZY over there.
AEetzh.jpg

Only to calm down a minute later. I don't know what was wrong, but I'm glad nothing bad happened, last thing we need is more tantrums!
Here's a quick drawing of what I noticed while drinking.
oAA3I.jpg

Can you spot what's wrong Diary?
All of the people I heard mumbling/crying in despair/rocking on the floor shouting to themselves for the pain to end have been replaced by red sad arrows so you don't see their grumpy faces. I know it's a very sad time we're going through, we're all in mourning but this is just a bit silly. Can you spot me in the sketch Diary? Of course not, I'm not in it.
Dishmab is the unhappy arrow closest to the sketches' bottom right corner, under the tables.
I remember when drinking used to be a happy.. Well I don't, we didn't have anything to drink then. But still.
Word around here is that Estan(???) has started building some clothes. I don't know who inshtan is or why it's important he's building a clothe..clothes..what?
AxWLmh.jpg

I thought the hippy took over the clothiers place anyway..
Oh dear..I hear another person yelling.
rKSfu.jpg

I better finish my drink soon..

5th Granite, Diary of Urist "McLurker", The interim mayor.
And today was going so well.
POzLQh.jpg

Moldath has been convicted with three witnesses, normally I wouldn't think that's enough but he was throwing a tantrum yesterday and hadn't calmed down.
DVaXch.jpg

Sodel was a good friend of the great baroness and I think the offspring of Dishmab. I don't think death goes kindly with that kid. All up in arms(literally) about seeing that dead body. Poor kid. I blame the parents.
He calmed down again shortly afterwards though.

Oh ordir..
st8zdh.jpg

At least Moldath has calmed down..he'll most likely die from a beating though.
Five days into the year and there's already been two deaths, and now the surgeon's gone insane.

7th Granite, Diary of Urist "McLurker", The interim mayor.

Rope.
3ZKAch.jpg

He made rope.
At least it didn't take long to make I guess. Worth 6400, so we could sell it. The humans are into kinky shite with ropes right? We'll tell them it's actually called the right of penerating and they'll buy it straight away. It's even got basalt spikes in it. [That is literally all there is about the rope; it's a pig tail fiber rope made with pig tail riber and it's got basalt spikes on it

12th Granite, Diary of Urist "McLurker", The interim mayor.

The first of the hospital patients has died for this year, without water the pansies die from thrist. If I've got it right, I think we might be able to get water soon. Maybe.
Sodel is throwing another tantrum.
Mayor Bembul is throwing a tantrum too. Thankfully that's made Sodel calm down.

21st Granite, Diary of Urist "McLurker", The interim mayor.

Bembul has calmed down, Sodel is at it again. That kid ain't doing good.
Work has finished on preparing my latest project, it's a secret though Diary so I can't tell you, but it came in a dream from the Baroness herself!

22nd Granite, Diary of Urist "McLurker", The interim mayor.

Oh shit. I think a kid was caught in the pipes for the lava. Or magma. It's magma right? I can never remember, haha.
I don't know who it was though, the miner who made contact with obsidian was running outta there too fast to notice who it was.

1st Slate, Diary of Urist "McLurker", The interim mayor.

It was declared today that Shorast Kubukrit is missing, I looked over at Kib as it was announced, she was shifting uneasily in her seat, she still hasn't gotten things together since being trapped next to the lava, last thing she needed was a childs death on her shoulders.
Still, one less mouth to feed, huh.

4th Slate, Diary of Urist "McLurker", Interim mayor.

More tantrums. Work on the secret project has started because of all the recent deaths, two more dwarves died the other day and I'm sure another one is about to die. I've just heard Kogan's died. Ingiz and Minkot are about to die.
bADh5h.jpg

At least we've gotten rid of the miasma in the hospital. So the good with the bad.
I talked with Minkot before he passed out. He had to watch his spouse die in this hospital unable to help her, and had to breathe in the miasma caused by her decaying body. The last words I heard him say were "It could be worse"

I've ordered the forges to make more coffins. We've run out.
I need a drink

7th Slate, Diary of Urist "McLurker", Interim mayor.

Ingiz has just died, and Logem is missing.
EpWzMh.jpg

[I have no idea what happened to Logem, first missing/death that I don't know anything about]

9th Slate, Diary of Urist "McLurker", Interim mayor.

Minkot's dead. He never woke up.

17th Slate, Diary of Urist, Interim mayor.

Ber's dead.
GTezwh.jpg

He uh, fell in the lava. A bit.
[My bad, built the wrong thing first and he sort of fell.]
PAZpYh.jpg

He shouted up that he found a great magma sea before burning horribly to death. I'm not quite sure how he managed to shout through lava, dwarves are amazing huh diary?
[Unless I'm much mistaken, his fall reached~17. *claps* 10/10 for that lava dive.]

..Did you hear that diary?

10th Felsite, Diary of Urist.
Diary, I haven't had a chance to talk to you recently! How are you? I'm pretty happy myself thanks.
But..Not everyone else is. I don't know why.
[Music: www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQRMEK0NulA]
The captain of the milita snapped after Ber fell in the magma. Things were..kind of..going okay.
CnM8Uh.jpg

We uh, lost, uh. 13 people.
Then it started.
LF9hih.jpg

Fight went into a martial trance as soon as it happened
YBifkh.jpg

The whole of the military attacked her. [For the next seven pages until her death, she was unconscious]
QTpVJh.jpg

They won, but it happened infront of everyone in the meeting hall.
[Recommended audio: ]

Oya0wh.jpg

FSh7qh.jpg

aURjvh.jpg

bbcC3h.jpg

Half of the population is miserble/very unhappy. The tantrums were racking up. I had to do something diary, I had to try to save us.
XTQqBh.jpg

Then the deaths happened.
MwKzuh.jpg

And the missing dwarves.
EpiGxh.jpg

I've been preparing for the end, all 'well' dwarves have been tracked down and forced into the lower levels of the fortress, most of the food supplies have been moved to the base of chamber of the Baroness, even in death she protects us..
aAEqHh.jpg

The rooms are being expanded and created as soon as possible before it happens.

In the panic, finishing off the lava pipes for farming has been impossible, but I think we've got enough done to start a farm and survive, we need our own food supply down here because we won't be able to trade, if I've done it wrong..well..we'll end up like the rest of the fortress huh diary?
Since the mayor is one of the..forgotten.. I guess it makes me full time mayor.
Floor hatches have been placed over all connections down here; and I've got the keys. When we're ready, we'll lock out as much of the forgotten as we can.
ApCfmh.jpg

11th Felsite.

Three more deaths today.
The mayor was among them.
FU5Sfh.jpg

Udina Udil has been elected as a replacement. But it's just a sham to try and keep them together, the cult of the baroness knows better.

Word is the elves are on their way to mock us. They're saying that we'll have to kill them, kill them all. Udil is trying to rally the forgotten, trying to stop ITZ. What better to keep the dwarves together than killing what we hate the most? Even the baroness would approve.
1ceJhh.jpg

There's been two new tantrums and three deaths today.

15th Felsite
Hi Diary
Zulban has gone crazy.

18th Felsite
The elves are here, most of the fortress is tantruming now About seven have happened in two days. I have ordered the entrance blocked. The elves will die with the rest of the forgotten.

20th Felsite
A breach for the farm is about to made, another dwarf has died.
Zulban has also been killed. My information about what's going on..up top is slowly getting more limited.

23rd
oh logem the smell
its spreading down the stairs!
Ypc5Vh.jpg

THE BODIES ARE BLOCKING THE HATCHES OH BARONESS SAVE US

*No date written* ???

2bmvgh.jpg

we have to wall off the top

???
oh logem we forgot the baroness' body..WE FORGOT HER GLORIOUS BODY AND IT'S UP THERE..WITH THE FORGOTTEN
xUAizh.jpg

hsCK3h.jpg

JOLZgh.jpg

377HTh.jpg

..we've done it..
roBZQh.jpg

farmland

[Okay. Well. We lost like 21 dwarves that spring, over 50 of the dwarves are miserble/very unhappy, most of the remaining dwarves are holed up under the main fortress. By the time I realized just how much shit we were really in..Nothing I could do to even attempt to stop it.

The screenshot of felsite with how many tantrums were happening was the same every single day, if not more. And one insanity, maybe two, a day. What went wrong I think is that everyone is related, without the hospital being able to heal the dwarves, when they started to die it just clusterfucked out of control. Typical sprial followed, Thankfully most of the actually useful dwarves managed to avoid that fate. In the last days before itz I managed to get the farmland working. I fucking hope we have seeds down here because I didn't check. At the last second I found out why the hatches were fucking up, three bodies were on the hatch level blocking the stairs. Creepy as fuck.]

[In case anyone is curious where the Adamantine was found, it's on ~13-~16 and onwards next to the magma sea. Looks like it's very reachable to me; the massive-fucking-tunnel of stairs planned to be built down like 60 z levels that someone made ends 2 levels above the Adamantine level, and it's not too far away. Once I've sorted out the food production I might investigate further]
0W2Fbh.jpg

Cassidy

Arcane
Eldritch nightmares and real tragedies are driving the dwarves into a murderous, suicidal insanity. Such is their power and intensity that not even the strongest booze can drive away the visions and the invisible, untouchable, unheard but clearly sensed terror that surrounds this desolate land rich in a possibly unnatural gold and in cyclopean horrors of unspoken eons lurking beyond the simple perceptions of the hardy denizens of this place, witnessed only, for now, in the form of the twisted, primal goblinoid half-breeds with an unknown elder amphibian race that have attempted to steal dwarven children for purposes likely so horrible they are better left without even the briefest thought about them.

One could say:

They are truly at

The mountains of madness.

:yeah:

Krash

Arcane
Holy fucking shit :eek:

No seriously holy fucking shit

At this point, if I lived in Virgintraded I'd hope for the elder goblins to show up and finish me off. More merciful than this maelstrom of dwarfs going off the deep end.

Why are always LPs the most entertaining when things go wrong? :avatard:

Will the fort survive? Stay tuned for the next episode of dwarf vs dwarf: the tantruming!

Urist McLurker

Learned
Uploading screenshots for next update. Hopefully I'll finish the update before lunch break is over.
I'm half tempted to make the remaining forgotten into a dwarf fortress version of Battle Royale. They're all going to end up murdering eachother anyway, might as well give them weapons eh?
Half of the summer is covered in this update, I've gotta play the rest of the summer but regardless of when that happens, latter half of summer's update will be posted on page 10 to avoid too many images on this page.

Updatan now.

Urist McLurker

Learned

1st Hematite
Death count for summer: 1, Erith
some of the forgotten haven't been trapped upstairs, we're currently..ha..removing them right diary!?
g1TPQh.jpg

Only 27 of us are downhere, from 103.
Four of the forgotten are among us, we shall deal with them before it spreads.

There are no seeds here.
We left them behind.. [There's no fucking plants to brew either]
LnWAWh.jpg

Kubuk, Ingish, Ast, and Alath are the forgotten with us, William is at risk of being a forgotten, but his skills were too good to leave behind[*COUGH* AND LP VALUE], unless things go wrong, he should be okay.
[The dwarves with + infront of their name are forgotten survivors, the ones with * are the survivors. Cockup on my end meant I couldn't actually write the changes in(or whatever it's called) but I thought it might be neat for you guys to see who the survivors are.]
z9hEs.jpg

There's only one chance we have. The Baroness warned me that something could go wrong..I prepared.

Record of Cerol Aleknomal Sworddwarf
Month: Hematite
Date: 1st

The Elves have been dealt with, the new mayor Onget ordered them dead.
Can't say I'm upset by their deaths.

Date: 2nd
Things are starting to get worse and worse in the fortress, every second I think I should have gone down with them, safe from the madness. But I couldn't. Not without him.
He's..
xPdT9h.jpg

Not doing so well.
I've ordered the mayor to lock up the hospital. And to move all of the remaining food. We're all doomed, and I know what I need to do. The fortress is under military control. We won't survive, but the rest of the fortress will live on under us. Me and my family here will survive if I do this. Not just me.
CttXvh.jpg

I couldn't just leave them behind. I just hope we live long enough to get through this.
JuoQyh.jpg

The deal is I get the rest of the food to a safe location they can reach, Codename UML and I agreed upon it, they'll make a room west of it where me and my family will go into and we'll esc*blood smatters covers the rest of the entry and the following two pages*

Date: 5th
Death count for summer: 2, Inod.
Krash has calmed down at last.
And Inod has gone insane.
PinR3h.jpg

That problem has been taken care of.

Date: 12th
We've been ordered to kill Mosus. He's gone insane and is stopping the production of the wall
e8HFkh.jpg

Date: 14th
Death count: 3 Mosus
He's been killed.
ocpb6h.jpg

Diary of Onget, The most Holy mayor of Virgintraded. 21st of Hematite.
Death count: 4. Inod.
I've been watching her. She thinks she can force me into doing her dirty work like I was an elf, pah!
I know how to get her.
NJeysh.jpg

Everyone else has forgotten..I'll remind them all.

21st of Hematite, Diary of Urist.

We've done it, she did it. Seeds.
Hahahaha!!! SEEDS!
cb3FJh.jpg

Thank the Baroness, hundreds of seeds, hundreds of food! I didn't even know we had that much food in the fortress! Oh praise the Baroness!

Date: 25th
Death count: 5, Kubuk.

Another death today
0mS2oh.jpg

Morul has also gone insane. The military has been sent to deal with it. He was one of us..Why is this happening?
Be strong Cerol, be strong for them.

ong[-\
Death count 16.
oh zim not like this
gSSOjh.jpg

not like this
bQxLph.jpg

e2ayAh.jpg

1u5rGh.jpg

i had to~~~
WsUvzh.jpg

The following are recovered writings of Sodel Inodbisol, scribe to the following meeting, unknown date.
Mayor Dishmab: "We're gathered here, in what little form we are, to remember those fallen.
The following are those who died between the 27-28th of Hematite:
Nish Amostmorul, Farmer.
Sodel Vaboksanreb, Dwarven Child.
Id Rakustmeng, Dwarven Child.
Onget Luzatbomrek, Mayor.
Krash, Blacksmith.
Asmel Kibrifot, profession unknown, acting Recruit.
Kol Odgubavuz, Presser.
Cerol Aleknomal, Professional Swordsdwarf.
ezum Momuzgubel, Macedwarf.
Likot Tenshedstinthad, Speardwarf.
Sibrek Ducimang, Macedwarf.
All killed by The Fish Dissector, Morul Minespire, the Hawk of Growths.
Kilrudidash has been allowed to say a few words."

Brewmaster Kilrudidash: "I would like to..give my respects to Cerol Aleknomal, being the only dwarf who fought against Morul that didn't die instantly..

She.. was only armed with a single iron short sword, two iron boots, one iron mail shirt.
Morul was fully armoured with half of his armor being steel(the other half iron), and with his mace and shield being made out of steel. I'm sorry all of you, I ran for my life..I was unarmed, and rusty and scared. I failed you all."

Dishmab: "Kil, without you we all would have never known..the hatches would not have been locked, and perhaps, we would have all died by the Hawk of Growths. Do not be so h*blood coats the rest of the record*

2nd Malachite, Diary of Urist.
Death count: 17, 'Mechanic'

Look diary, LOOK!
pYU2Oh.jpg

THE FARMS ARE WORKING! PRAISE THE BARONESS, THE FARMS ARE WORKING!!

We've got loads of food, some wood, working farmland, and a lot of it, we're cut off from the madness upstairs, the forgotten down here have been trapped inside rooms, it's all getting better. Haha Diary we're going to make it!

[3rd Death count: 18,Zulban Tadfikod]
[4th Death count: 19 Onul Libadnish]
[5th Death count: 20 Datan Asmeldural]
nlU7oh.jpg

10th Malachite, Diary of Urist.

I thought I should eat out here for once
Haha don't be silly diary, I mean by the new farmland! Too cold outside.
KiBYNh.jpg

See there's me just hanging out on the farm. The likeness is uncanny. I noticed I haven't wrote much about me this year, so busy so little time to talk about me huh? So nows a good time, see, we don't have much to do down here.
HgIuEh.jpg

Did I tell you Vucar made it down here as one of the survivors? He's been pretty happy lately, fancies himself as an..an anarchiest..I think he said..
..He's not been his grumpy self at all. I think that's a good thing(Or else we'd have to leave him behind, haha)

Why am I at the farmland? Good question diary.

It turns out that spooky voice we've all been hearing is a ghost! Right in front of us! Haha, how we never noticed I don't know, and here I thought William was just mumbling to himself.
I tried taking a drawing before I came here, but. Uh. It was invisible.
Fun times.. I've ordered some slabs to be made, and we're going to create some kind of hall to the forgotten, so we don't.
..Uh, forget them.
Haha that's ironic.
It's been suggested that the chamber of the baroness is where the slabs should be placed. But that's stupid. The Glorious Leader would hate that, so that's a no-no.
To keep us busy, I thought we ought to build a new place (that isn't going to taint the memorial to the great with a memorial to the pathetic), so I've designed a place for the hall to be digged out at, and then it'll be smoothed!

I suggested a shape for the hall of the forgotten
bHpith.jpg

It's a drawing of the forgotten's face!

I thought we could have, like, the slabs being the tears coming off of its face, wouldn't that be awesome!?
No? Diary?! I know you wanted it to be in the shape of the baroness but I've forgotten what she looked like, and it's difficult to copy her likeness from her glorious statue in 2d form!
Shut up diary you know I tried.

New rooms have also been designed for us, I thought that, to make sure nothing frowny arrow happens to us down here, upgrading everyones' room, and giving them _two rooms_ would help with that!
mCYOJh.jpg

The rooms on the far left and right are for important dwarves who need more than two rooms.
Haha Diary, I know there's only enough for 14 and like, 22 of us down here! I'm not stupid.
Married couples'll share, you'll be surprised how many married couples managed to stay intact to get down here! And if there's not enough room, we'll expand!

Gotta build a lot of stuff for the rooms, and a new proper dining room needs to be made. Busy busy summer ahead.

[TL;DR: Haha..ha....Yeah..Fuck.

When I ordered the military to attack Morul, It was only halfway in the fight, when 7 dwarves had died that I became aware of who Morul was; one of the military.
The fight was a complete and utter massacre, I would have posted all of the screens of the fight but there was too many.
The dwarves attacked him near instantly, I look around to draft any nearby dwarves which happened to be the mayor, the brewmaster, and Krash(I missed a couple, those ended up dead anyway), by the time I had found out who the dwarves were, two of the military dwarves had already died, I drafted them into the military and they attacked.

If Fight hadn't died earlier on in the year this wouldn't have been much of a problem, but it turns out that Morul was the second best military dwarf around, Cerol being the first.
Cerol had fuckall on her, being the only military dwarf there without proper armor, and Morul had everything, our very best armor and weapons. She didn't stand a fucking chance. Four of the military dwarves died within ten seconds of the fight, one of the military dwarves didn't make it to the fight, and the final one, Cerol being the only dwarf to actually manage to fight Morul.
I would have normally tried to get Krash out of there for the LP(hoping he'd live long enough for me to come up with a way to get him and his family somewhere safer), but I knew that when Cerol died, with Krash already miserble.. he'd have not lived to the end of the year.
It really fucked me up in terms of larp story because both the characters within the forgotten had been killed, I picked Cerol to make sure this wouldn't happen(as well as her being one of the few non miserble dwarves), I didn't expect a military dwarf to lose it, let alone one so well armed.

I gotta say, I actually felt sad when Cerol died.
Unless I come up with a way to properly tell the story from the forgottens' view, I'll be doing it all as in rediscovered records random dwarves of the forgotten kept.
In terms of the survivors, everything's going pretty well, far better than I expected. I forgot about keeping slabs and coffins and shit for the dead, and the creeper face is sort of what I've viewed this year as. One thing suddenly appearing, blowing the fuck up and ruining everything. It's not fully built yet so if anyone has an objection to that memorial hall being in the shape, you've got a couple days to object.]

Oh, and dedicated to Cerol Aleknormal :salute: a true dwarf, staying content throughout horrible madness, only to be cut down senselessly due to not having equipment like a moron.
Status screen:
SZ3ukh.jpg

Phelot

Arcane
:lol: That was a great set of updates. Watching dwarven society crumble is oddly entertaining.

Cassidy

Arcane
This madness is almost beating the forgotten beast Nokast and its deadly cave-in dust in number of casualties.

:hero:

SerratedBiz

Arcane
Holy fucking shit, indeed. I would've personally snapped had I taken over the save and had all this crap happen to me, glad to see someone else wading through the sea of despair. :lol:

Urist McLurker

Learned
Yeah, I can see how GarfunkeL back yonder gave up, at least I'm assuming that's the reason, the clusterfuck happened pretty quickly.

Personally though, from all of the DF LPs I've read, from notable ones like ye classic Boatmurdered, the ThatAussieGuy's 'let's turn hell into a beach resort because we can' 'let's see if we can do it again' to the greatest DF LP of Headshoots-Syrupleaf, to the unnotable but still awesome ones like Oilfurnace and our very own Anusblaze, it's not because of what amazing feats of DWARVEN SCIENCE that they manage that makes them great. The most enjoyable parts are getting attached to the dwarves, the fortress, the survival of little sprites running around in some way, only to see them in an epic fight of survival that they can't possibly win.

All about that one moment when your favourite dwarf gets cut down stupidly in an easily preventable way against hopelessly odds because that's what dwarves do and you can't help but salute the fallen hero and the madness that surrounds them. Emotional Engagement and all that shit.

Or maybe I'm really fucking weird.
Honestly though, I'm itching like hell to get started on the next update I've been enjoying it so much. I want give people a chance to read and comment on it first though before the LP moves on and leaves any ideas or suggestions they come up with behind. Also waiting for page ten. I'd most likely be putting out an update a day otherwise.

Most fun I've had on Dwarf Fortress since I learnt how to play the game without dying instantly to the first problem coming my way.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
You definately need to come up with some megaproject doomsday device to cleanse the upper levels of the forgotten taint.

May I humbly suggest flooding them with magma? I can't imagine any way this could possibly backfire.

Urist McLurker

Learned
:bro:
I have no idea how to remotely do that(or how to brofist properly), never having used pumps or pipes. Or built a megaproject before.
....If there's enough support for it, I'll do it instead of mining for the adamantine and all of the horrors that might bring with it.

EDIT: I'll start on the next update tonight, expect it tomorrow, mostly tomorrow night.

Phelot

Arcane
But if the Forgotten are above, wouldn't flooding it with magma kill those below? Aren't the doors wooden? If you wait long enough, won't they just die off?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom