Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed I want to be an Urist - A community Dwarf Fortress LP

Krash

Arcane
Krash’s diary, 6th of Malachite

Abel Tinötholtar has been acting strange for a while. Today he snatched up some raw materials and barricaded himself in a jeweler’s workshop. This is the result:

xgkvhe.jpg

Abel says that it appeared to him in a dream. He was trapped in a cold and damp place, a fish-like demon watching hungrily from the depths of a pool of troubled waters. At first the creature couldn’t reach him, but then the waters began to bubble and rise, lapping at his feet… Abel says the only way to stop the dream from coming true was to craft that bed.

I think Abel has been hitting the wine far too little lately. But whatever. Now we - I mean I - have a fancy bed.

Krash’s diary, 4th of Galena

Silly humans have come.

2emj6nm.jpg

Haven’t you learned yet that all we sell to you is crap? Silly humans!

I’ve had some dwarfs install traps in the future main entrance of the fort. Don’t want us caught with our pants down when we open it.

zjjbs6.jpg

The new dining room is shaping up nicely, just next to the kitchen (also new).

2d27wqr.jpg

Krash’s diary, 13th of Limestone

Something is amiss. I mean everything is working out so well…

Migrants you say? As fucking useless as the previous horde you say? Yeah, I guess that would ruin my day.

iykjdj.jpg

I don’t really know how, but some have managed to get into contact with their loved ones and made them come here. Why anyone would want a family member in such a dangerous place is beyond me. Unless it’s a mother in law, of course.

2wc0boz.jpg

One of the migrants has encountered deep goblins before.

wrbbfa.jpg

And killed them. Good lad!

Krash’s diary, 24th of Limestone

p5fz8.jpg

(Yes that’s the same wood burner as in the previous update)

I retract whatever unfair judgment I’ve made about Eral in the past. In fact he’s a total bro. When you think about it, what could be more un-elven (and therefore dwarven) than burning wood?

We need a bigger militia. But all most dwarfs aspire to is crafting endless piles of useless crap, haul it around the fort, snatch socks for their prized collection, and maybe tantrum a little when the occasion presents itself. No-one wants to enroll (those who did are already in The Turquoise Pets), and no one would confess to being non-essential to the fort, since I’d just force them into the military. So how do I pick out whom to “promote?”

It was Eral who came up with the plan.

He announced a big party. See, the dwarfs who are busy doing something they like, which mostly overlap with work, they don’t feel much like going. But all the ones just loitering come straight away. After all the second greatest entertainment is drinking, right? I drafted the early arrivals and sent them to train at the barracks.

33tjn10.jpg

That’s not a hangover they’ll get rid of by tomorrow.

Krash’s diary, 11th of Timber

14io5ed.jpg

And he had a large caravan with him. It’s good to meet someone from the outside who’s not a yeti, a human, a deep goblin, or an elf. Still sold them crap of course, but I offered them a drink first.

I had to go looking for William to get him to meet with the liaison. He’s been busy examining the corpses of the deep goblins. What’s there to examine anyways? We already know that they can bleed and die; that should be enough.

Found something among the crates we sold to the traders:

ad245k.jpg

I don’t want to know.

Krash’s diary, 20th of Moonstone

Our Major èsum, safe in the knowledge that we can’t export any large gems, has now demanded that we make more of them. Ok, I guess? She also wants a better office, dining room, and bedroom, as well as a giant gold statue atop the mountain. I’m sorry but we have to draw the line somewhere, Major or not.

vinqj8.jpg

(The three golden lines thingies are gold doors.)

Krash

Arcane
I lied about this being the last update. Not on purpose though, takes an unholy amount of time to write/put everything together.

BTW who the hell is going to rule over virgintraded after my reign ends?

I dunno. Kinda hoping some of the players from the previous thread join in on the fun.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
I can't commit to it myself, but I know a pair of KKKodex lurkers that are avid DF players. I'll try to pimp the LP to them.

Hellraiser

Arcane
We can always go for a rotational system. If no new bros want to join up in the FUN then we cycle through the previous ones again in the same order. If somebody signs up, then we stop the cycle and make him rule during the next year. Prioritize the new bros over the old ones who already did their turn. Then, if nobody new after the new guy sign ups we resume the cycle of the previous expedition leaders/mayors, starting from whoever would be next if not for the new guy.

Unless you all think that idea is shit and we should just let virgintraded be forgotten instead of being doomed to FUN due to codexian involvement. :rpgcodex:

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
A fortress that doesn't end in death by magma is not a true dwarf fortress.

SerratedBiz

Arcane
He announced a big party. See, the dwarfs who are busy doing something they like, which mostly overlap with work, they don’t feel much like going. But all the ones just loitering come straight away. After all the second greatest entertainment is drinking, right? I drafted the early arrivals and sent them to train at the barracks.

:lol:

Serves them right, the lazy bastards.

Cassidy

Arcane
Found something among the crates we sold to the traders:

ad245k.jpg

I don’t want to know.

I'm surprised Stereotypical Villain hasn't signed up for a go at this fortress yet.

Whoever used that to craft a hood is crazier than the protagonist of Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth after all he went through.

Although it definitively give me some ideas for my next time in this fortress if it survives long enough for one.

:hmmm:

Krash

Arcane
Krash’s diary, 26th of Moonstone

1zoetuh.jpg

At first I was like :yeah: thinking I'd get a legendary armorer, but then I was like :rage: because possessed ffs (no xp, for those who don't know what that means).

Apparently Degel Lularducim has become mad and has taken over a Magma Forge, interrupting the important serrated disc production I just mandated. The others, wary of his temper, have let him work in peace until now. I’m not sure whether to send in the troops or wait until his craziness burns itself out.

Krash’s diary, 28th of Moonstone

I hoped for something useful, like a steel plate armor, but instead we got this:

2j1wiue.jpg

Ok a high boot, fine, but why just one? And why in the name of fuck call it Sprayed Holiness? Isn’t Despairgleams good enough? What’s wrong with the youth of today? So many questions, so few answers.

All Degel remembers of making Despairgleams is a vision of dark and ice, a place where deranged, scaled monsters sleep. SerratedBiz tells me that there are legends of dwarf expeditions discovering fish-like creatures in the ice around these parts. Seems like the fuckers are playing mind games with us. Their loss! No dwarf fort would ever fall for such ridiculous tricks.

Krash’s diary, 4th of Obsidian

Degel’s creation has made him famous around the fort. Not everyone likes that.

o0hoj.jpg

2nrc51.jpg

Coincidence? I think not.

Krash’s diary, 22th of Obsidian

My wife doesn’t like me spending so much time at work. She’s ordered requested I step down from my position so I can focus on other things. William was disappointed but understanding - I mean he's got a girlfriend/wife too so I guess he can relate.

We've made good progress on all fronts this year I'm proud to say. We got a military with more or less what they need to fight, more lebensraum, offices for nobles (almost finished), metals aplenty, and (most importantly) food and drink to make it at least until next winter. Not a single dwarf died on my watch, though a few may have gotten a bruise or two; work hard play hard, that's my motto! And several disgusting little creatures known as children were born on my watch, all in good health. The only thing that worries me is the deep goblins we've encountered - I mean we were hardly welcoming, but they might still come back. Also, there's the strange possessions...

I've made some engravings to show what the main parts of the fort looks like now:

Lowest:

of3pci.jpg

Mid:

iqykur.jpg

High:

2rxwodj.jpg

Man, I'll fucking miss running this place.

2wel4qu.jpg

WHADDAYA MEAN A TEAR!? DWARFS NEVER CRY!

Just got some cave dust in my eye is all.

Hellraiser

Arcane
Golden trade depot? Then again, gold is more common near our dwarven volcano of doom than wood. Also it makes those outsider dolts know who the *real* dwarves swimming in wealth around here are.

Edit: Oh I *do* have a really ingenious idea for a MEGAPROJECT. Well maybe not that mega but it will be very dwarven indeed. Hohohoho.

TripJack

Hedonist
:salute:

onward and downward

the carverns must be conquered

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom