Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed I want to be an Urist - A community Dwarf Fortress LP

Vernydar

Learned
Quick question. Which one of the included graphic packs are you guys using? I saw there's three inside..

Krash

Arcane
Just a few days into my turn, a shitload of migrants arrived, which is nice since there were only 17 dwarfs left in Virgintraded. Now there are 48 (but not for long).

Hsark’s diary, 21st of Granite 256

Someone told me Virgintraded is a good place to start again, build up some wealth, or hide while the King cools off about that incident between eh… someone and his daughter. So I took the trip. Even got some of my bros to tag along.

5bxxdu.jpg

rwj71u.jpg

ea33fk.jpg

mj8gvo.jpg

2lwaz3a.jpg

nvnv6.jpg

Kalin’s got quite the temper as can be seen on his rap sheet:

jfymip.jpg

With my wits and my companions’… yeah whatever they’re good at, we’re gonna own this place in no time!

Oh, and we brought a bunny too.

scwgoi.jpg

Cog is the perfect name for a dwarf pet, wish I'd thought of it myself.

Funfact – Apparently Erush Stinkthsomething, one of the migrants, is SerratedBiz’s father.

Hsark’s diary, 27th of Granite

They fucking knew what a dump this place is! I shoulda suspected the words of encouragement back home were just serpent tongued bullshit!

vudxh.jpg

I mean just look at this mess!

Wait! I take it back – apparently the fort’s swimming in gold. You just have to scrape off the shit covering everything to see it. I bet I could set aside a nice pension for myself if I play my cards right.

Hsark’s diary, 28st of Granite

I’ve been offered the post of fortress overseer. They said my predecessor went to join with his wife or something. It didn’t sound too good, but I don’t really care. With me in charge things are gonna change around here.

Virgintraded’s as good an argument for central planning as I ever saw. To go somewhere you have to take a fucking tour of the place, up the stairs, down the stairs, crawl here, jump here, oh mind the magma, etc. There’s shit all over the fort, clothes, bones, rotting food, broken crafts, strewn all over like a tornado passed through. So I gave the order to clean things up, you know, engrave some nice walls, rearrange the furniture a little. This is a dwarf fort, not a fucking forest retreat with leaves and whatnot as a part of the fucking décor! Some order please! I have to think a bit more before we start knocking down walls, but we’ll get to that in good time.

Hsark’s diary, 30th of Granite

There aren’t nearly as many inhabitants here as you’d believe from the size of the place. It’s unsettling really. I’ve asked why, but they all seem to dodge the question.

Hsark’s diary, 8th of Felsite

Elfs have been sighted on the trail to our fort and Sanjor went to check on them so we could calibrate our catapults. Unfortunately a deep goblin was lying in wait, stabbing him and running off before anyone could react.

30911ed.jpg

Bim Uzollek, our brave surgeon, promptly ran out to fetch Sanjor who was lying bleeding and unconscious on the bridge. That’s when the other goblins surged from their hiding places.

1g5yx.jpg

Yeah uhm I'll just go poke our steel decked dwarf military to deal with this "threat".

34o7loz.jpg

:hmmm:

2utl2x5.jpg

Bim did what every sensible dwarf would do when charged by a throng of bloodthirsty goblins – ran straight at them. There’s always the chance they’d laugh so hard they’d miss him.

2wlv62b.jpg

It is now scientifically proven that goblins have no sense of humor.

2uhspj6.jpg

Having finished off Bim, the Goblins made their way towards Sanjor, still passed out on the bridge. Poor Sanjor! Just as the goblins threw themselves at him, Risen Mosefon the Marksdwarf opened fire. I strongly recall telling everyone to stay put, but it seems some guys don’t listen so good.

1hy32g.jpg

2iu58rc.jpg

While Risen’s actions were brave, the hail of bolts didn’t do much good. Some of the attacking goblins ran for the entrance, getting chopped to bits, but one plunged his spear into Risen who died.

Oh, and Sanjor didn’t make it either. :(

Phelot

Arcane
I too wish to worship the Dwarven God of Order and OCD, like Krash, but I know not his name!

Vernydar

Learned
While not a member of the ruling council, since I am now a dwarf living in Virgintraded I request that an army be trained. Dwarves without an army? What is this travesty?

Krash

Arcane
I too wish to worship the Dwarven God of Order and OCD, like Krash, but I know not his name!

His name is Toady One, and Dwarf fortress is his prophet. Prostrate thyself, and revel in obsessively checking that every dwarf room is arranged with correctly color coded furniture.

While not a member of the ruling council, since I am now a dwarf living in Virgintraded I request that an army be trained. Dwarves without an army? What is this travesty?

Workin on it at this very moment.

Krash

Arcane
Hsark’s diary, 8th of Felsite (contd)

epexkm.jpg

Why I never

Seriously, he died like 15 tiles from the other dwarfs. You'd think someone would have noticed straight away.

Hsark’s diary, 18th of Felsite

JagreenLern has suggested we form some kind of militia, commanded by him (of course). We do have plenty of weapons and armor, but few able dwarfs to wield them. One of the previous militia commanders was also named JagreenLern, so I have dubbed our new warchief JagreenLern the Second.

I’ve appointed some trusted friends to positions of importance.

2vltvf4.jpg

Can’t do anything about the Major position. Yet.

Hsark’s diary, 1st of Hematite

Monom and Phelot are dead! The two of them were out collecting socks, and got ambushed.

2qjdi15.jpg

Truly this is a sad day.

Kalin will replace them both. Maybe his beekeeping skills can come to some use.

Hsark’s diary, 6th of Hematite

I feel a little better today. Dumping all those useless wooden weapons cheered me up good. Who the fuck makes weapons out of wood anyways? I mean except elves of course, but they don’t count.

Hsark’s diary, 10th of Malachite

n66kwz.jpg

Miners in the depths have uncovered another cavern, similar to the first. There’s wood down there, making it an attractive place to reach, but scouts have also seen primitive creatures armed with just as primitive weapons. Our militia’s so useless at the moment that even they might prove more than a match for us.

But there’s more!

hurin8.jpg

A strange metal! Its azure hue is entrancing…

Hsark’s diary, 19th of Malachite

2m3fy54.jpg

To help our tireless efforts to get this place clean, I’ve built a safe garbage dump. No more need to go outside into that disgusting sun to dump things into magma (the vomit is from before I finished the roof).

Hsark’s diary, 4th of Galena

We opened up a previously sealed part of the fort, only to discover it was a mausoleum. And judging from the corpses, several of the deaths were violent. Once again interrogations went nowhere. They’re definitely hiding something.

Hsark’s diary, 22nd of Galena

qx6o3c.jpg

It snuck up to Kalin undetected, just outside the entrance. As I resigned myself to once again reshuffle the noble appointees, something unexpected happened.

2hwcqbk.jpg

Kalin grabbed his weapon and pursued the wererat for a bit, but it escaped unharmed.

What the hell was that about anyways?

Phelot

Arcane
:salute: My 5 minutes of life was nice and it's better to be killed by goblins than by... The Forgotten Ones.

Urist McLurker

Learned
I believe one of the sieges during my year had a few of them(not sure if I mentioned it or not at the time), but I didn't see them in action or anything.

Have they destroyed half the fortress already? :smug:

Krash

Arcane
No the other half. :smug:

I only saw them fight the caravan guards, but considering how that went, I'm not going anywhere near them. They are also trap-immune apparently.

Cassidy

Arcane
Krash, reading your latest posts I'm feeling like pestering Stereotypical Villain for continuing his infamous LP. Done.

Krash

Arcane
Done. If you ask nicely, maybe Hellraiser and Urist will let you go before them. I still have to finish my turn though, about two thirds done now.

Urist McLurker

Learned
I'm cool with it too, if you wanna go before me and Hellraiser Mr.Muty, by all means do so. It's a community Dwarf Fortress LP for a reason, after all.

Hellraiser said:
new fortress managers have priority over old ones.
:bro:

Cassidy

Arcane
Krash mentions a battle against Prisoners of Ice and this LP gets a longer delay during the weekend than usual.

Coincidence? I think not! The Villainous Curse of the Ice is befalling upon us!

Krash

Arcane
Actually, the delay is/was due to my control engineering exam, so the Prisoners of Ice are innocent. Or is that what they want you to think?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom