Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed I want to be an Urist - A community Dwarf Fortress LP

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
But if the Forgotten are above, wouldn't flooding it with magma kill those below? Aren't the doors wooden? If you wait long enough, won't they just die off?
Like I said, I couldn't possibly imagine any way this could backfire if we forgot to plug all the exits with magma-proof materials. :M

:bro:
I have no idea how to remotely do that(or how to brofist properly), never having used pumps or pipes. Or built a megaproject before.
....If there's enough support for it, I'll do it instead of mining for the adamantine and all of the horrors that might bring with it.

EDIT: I'll start on the next update tonight, expect it tomorrow, mostly tomorrow night.

I imagine the solution would be something along these lines:

Step 1: Plug all passages between the fortress an the forgotten with magma-proof doors.
Step 2: Dig a vertical shaft until you're at a higher z-level than the fortress itself.
Step 3: At the uppermost level of the shaft, install a channel that ends at a hole in the roof to the uppermost level of the forsaken area
Step 4: Alongside the shaft, build a pump stack of magma-proof materials
Step 5: Link the lowermost pump to a magma reservoir
Step 6: MAN THE PUMPS
Step 7: FUN™

Additional Dwarf Points can be earned by digging a drainage canal back into the magma sea to reclaim the upper levels once they have been cleansed with holy promethium.

Urist McLurker

Learned
Phelot said:
But if the Forgotten are above, wouldn't flooding it with magma kill those below? Aren't the doors wooden? If you wait long enough, won't they just die off?
Well, waiting for them to die in a wonderful murderstew is all well and good, but in the meantime, getting a magmay death to purge the forgotten is worth doing.
Most of the ways to the survivors are actually blocked by walls. The only non walled up ways down is the magma sea itself which is floored up, and the food stocks, which is going to be walled up when the food has been brought down just in case.
I don't trust doors in this game.
Edit: Turns out I've already walled up the food stock area and forgot.

Ulminati
I reckon'd something along those line.

Also it wouldn't be worth doing unless it could be made into a fortress fountain of magma that pumps back into itself, flowing onto the bridge outwards and down, back into the volcano. Somehow.

Cassidy

Arcane
I think this fort still is too young to have a stupid premature death. And besides, there are lots of FUN things that would be missed if one happened.

Urist McLurker

Learned
[It was really difficult to pick which song to use for this update, it had to be a Tom Waits one to finish off the summer, I've stuggled to pick which one best captures the essence of the summer in the end it was between Everything Goes to Hell, Misery is the River of the World, Little Drop of Posion and God's Away on Business. I bring this up because of you don't like the one I picked, I suggest you try one of the other ones.

Misery refers 'mankind', and Dwarves don't have a single 'God' to be away on business, but they do have a hell.(Crappy logic is crappy but just go with it)]
Journal of Shorast, 10th of Malachite.

Yes, there are no sweetpods Kil, no sweetpods at all. NONE.
Come on Sho, think of dead elves, rainbows being destroyed, conquering the depths, digging far too deep and not dying, happy thoughts, keep calm.

I know there was no water yesterday, but I got to keep checking just in case. Maybe there will be some today? Maybe I can help them for oncI FUCKING KNOW THERE'S NO GODDAMN FUCKING SWEETP(_DIE ALL OF YOU DIE
WSZKFh.jpg

'Brewmaster' Kil, Journal. 14th of Malachite.
[Death count: 25, Degel and Kensomething, Endok, Udil, Rimtar]

Gosh they're screaming a lot upstairs. I better take a look..
vVEW3h.jpg

0qcdTh.jpg

[Lol'd @Miller Alath]
ZEuCah.jpg

'Brewmaster' NilKil, Journal. 16th of Malachite.
[Death count: 27, Ablel...]

Somebody has to do something! I can do it
k12hqh.jpg

The Orders of Gold will live again.
5FNb6h.jpg

HHLWCh.jpg

ORDER OF GOLD, UNITE!

The Inconsiderate Dale has fallen.
y08Hvh.jpg

'Brewmaster' NilKil, Journal. 18th of Malachite.

I've ordered Atis the Insane walled up so he can't flip out and murder us all in our sleep.
And I took over William's old quarters, he's disappeared and won't need 'em.
Maybe the old coots room'll protect me through the madness.

21st Malachite, Diary of Urist "McLurker"

DIAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRY

LOOK
jWE6Dh.jpg

LfdKKh.jpg

! It's all working!

Work has started on the bedrooms.
Problem is two of the..forgotten..
73RL2h.jpg

have been allowed back. I don't want to take the risk but..maybe we can save them right diary? Right.

'Brewmaster' NilKil, Journal. 25th of Malachite.
[Deathcount 28, Nish]
926bbh.jpg

The smell is getting terrible. I've ordered coffins built. Lots of coffins.
Everyone has been drafted into masonry.
GiJ7Mh.jpg

It'll keep us all busy, we'll get through this..

[Deathcount 29: Dumed
ogR2gh.jpg

Here's what's happening at the site of the epic battle of failure from earlier in the summer, it seems like Ben Willis Morul is hanging out in the smog. Haha. Just wow, just look at it..]

2nd of Gelana, Diary of Urist "McLurker"
[Deathcount 32]

Diary, good news! Work on the memorial hall has started. Haha, no, it's already finished remember(get it diary? Memorial hall!!)! I mean the engraving itself!
kZMw7h.jpg

I've decided to take up engraving and stone detailing myself!!

Kind of worried about William, Tobul, Kib, and Abel.
We might need to..remove them..
As soon as one of them does something, they'll be removed.
The moronic dolts WON'T ruin this. Not on my watch, right diary?

[3rd-4th, Deathcount 36.
lw7Wwh.jpg

R7MnSh.jpg

I have no idea how anyone could find him in there..]

NilKil's log 8th:
[Deathcount 39.]
I'm getting into this army stuff. Another fight today!
Kogan went nuts, and we had to kill him

IT WAS GLORIOUS
znOlDh.jpg

Someone died though. Coward.

[Did you hear the captain of the guard killed someone?
YUYWzh.jpg

I guess you could say that *sunglasses* He's no longer Nil Kills.

BOOOOOO!]

NilKil's log. 9th of Gelana
[Deathcount: 41.]
XQ3sgh.jpg

Madness is overtaking us all, deaths surround us all. I need to do something for morale...

fjXOOh.jpg

Morul Willis, the Hawk of Growths will die.

On my way there, another death was announced.
ugty3h.jpg

Some of us were sacred and tried to get out of fighting.
Others charged forwards for victory..
K29Xvh.jpg

[11th of Galena.
Death count: 42(DON'T PANIC)]

I...Was wounded.
But in my stuggle with him, the mayor herself did it.
5i27zh.jpg

It was an instant kill.
Too good for such a monster, but we did it..I don't think I'll live, not with the state of things.

I tried to bring order and it led only to my death
IsdRUh.jpg

Kil's log
[Death count: 45]

I don't know the date. Just been told Degal is dead..She was a hero, and died like the rest of us.
What a miserble existance we have..Why did we come to a volcano trapped within the ice?
What monsters would think that's a good idea.
I don't know where my husband is. He's..I don't know. Atir has been okay though.
I think I've failed in my life.
wTFleh.jpg

It won't be long until I slip back to a hazy dream where I'm united with my family, not in this horrible place where I'll die. What was it I was told? We would keep the north strong against the depths so those in the south would live?

Pah..
Sodel's dead.

[15th Death count: 48, Zon, Etur, Vucar]
15 of Gelana, Diary of Urist

Hi diary, did you get a new haircut? Haha.
Tobul and Chef have both thrown tantrums.
zA8fEh.jpg

Tobul is still going, but Chef has calmed down.
They will both be removed.
My bed is wet, the walls are covered with blood.
Diary..that's blood on you

vucar
YHhLnh.jpg

:cry:
io01dh.jpg

[Whoops, my bad. It says he was friends with Vucar, in my grief I covered the wrong dwarf]
YvWN6h.jpg

OneKil's log
[Death count: 52[?], Lor.]

Here I am. In the dining room. Writing in my record book.
Y5K3ph.jpg

Under me is the dead body of a child.
SdOpjh.jpg

I miss my sweetpod seeds.
There's no food. There's no booze and no water.
It's ironic, that I'll die from dehydration. I spent my life learning the art of brewing.
CWj6uh.jpg

Oh well looks like I won't have to die that way after all.
UrE5Ph.jpg

ydPwNh.jpg

We're going to fight them and die in battle.

Oh fuck, Atis has gone insane.
GMjLdh.jpg

E3RySh.jpg

7xGnch.jpg

[Over the summer, we lost 54 dwarves(I think..). There's more forgotten with the survivors than there is with the actual forgotten.]

1st Limestone, Urist

Limestone is upon us
The forgotten have been put into their rooms
D3dQlh.jpg

TPyRlh.jpg

EQ0gNh.jpg

I thought we could save some of them
But they're not savable they must be purged for the fortress to survive, we must kill them
Kill them all
I'm sorry Vucar.

[That was a difficult update to do.
The summer...Could have gone better. The main fuckup I made was trying to save some of the forgotten, one tantrum downstairs set a few others off, and led to a death and a new forgotten. I should have tried to wipe them all out right away.
I think there's only three or four forgotten left upstairs, five or four downstairs. The humans came and were wiped out by the Deep Gobin fellows, they can't reach the fortress currently and there's no dwarves that can do anything upstairs around.
I don't know how boring Autumn will be, all there's left is engravement and smoothing stones, expanding a few areas and making the bottom of the fort survivable for next year.
I'm going to try and start reclaiming areas of the fortress, magma forges and gold stocks being on the to get list for the gold barrels, we're going to run out of wood soon, there's only about 30-40 left, and we won't have any trade for rather long time.
Reaching the adamantine is on the to-do list as well.]

SerratedBiz

Arcane
Has the spiral of death come to its end, then? Is it possible this fortress may see another year?

Urist McLurker

Learned
The spiral is nearly over, gotta wait for the remaining forgotten to die off by the lack of booze, and see where the fortress is then, but damnnit, it'll make it to the next year even if it only survives by a single dwarf.

Urist McLurker

Learned

[1st Limestone
Another one bites the dust >.>]
9dOT8h.jpg

[10th Limestone
FnjwFh.jpg

NOT THE PEAHEN, NOT THE PEAHEN! That's the peahen from the first update! I remember.. :( I was worried about it sparking off a tantrum spirial. Good times..]

19th Limestone, Urist
hbZTgh.jpg

William has lost it. I can hear him yelling through the door.

We've been slowly putting things to rest
oDGPDh.jpg

Work is long, dull. Lots to engrave. Each and every one of the forgotten..
Some new ghosts come and go, and we engrave them.
Diary, do you miss Vucar? I do. I miss the Baroness too. Hopefully we can put her in her rightful burial site soon right?

[12th of Sandstone, the final Forgotten upstairs dies.
8rqURh.jpg

Let's take a tour around the whole fortress, eh? (ALSO KNOWN AS PADDING)
mipqeh.jpg

Here's the bridge. I don't know if there's more snow there because of lack of use, or that would be there anyway. The wall was put there when the elves were here back in the spring so they couldn't escape.
Useful for keeping out the deep goblins currently though.
zJzmgh.jpg

Here's what I'm assuming is a crossbowdwarf/ballista area up at the top, the trade area there which is still full of supplies, entering into the main floor of the fortress. The slopes lead to the barracks.
865woh.jpg

Here's the rest of the fortress level. More wood than I thought, the wall area is where I was trying to wall in the crazy brooding man, who sadly didn't get all the items him needed. But the dwarves couldn't be bother to put the damn door there.
PeJ7vh.jpg

Call me crazy..But..uh..is the blood turning into ice?
Goddamn that's pretty fucking awesome/scary if it's true.
R8rnph.jpg

Here's the next floor up, there's the barracks, floodarea, hospital, armoury, random rooms?
iYnMVh.jpg

Here's the bottom area of that floor. Dunno what the hell the big ass empty area is for, my money is on some optimist thinking we would ever have that much food.. Graveyard down yonder, corpses over there, random room of stone, and the area to what was going to be the magma graveyard. Maybe.
e0ktEh.jpg

Here's the crafting level. Note the storage area; I walled it up during ITZ in order to reach it later on in the year. Magma forges over to the..whatever..west? Half of the gold stored, random storage and crafting shit.
vKkyjh.jpg

Rest of the gold. I remember somewhere someone saying we needed more gold, so uh, I did that. Food storage for the survivors that hasn't been moved quite yet, and rest of the crafting level.

That's basically the whole fort minus the survivors' area, what you guys ought have seen/mapped out by now. Only other part of the fortress is the weird ass top level, the failure farms, and (shitty) rooms. Oh and sorry guys..
0KPuyh.jpg

:salute: Head Researcher of the Wet Avalanches.
The only named Dwarf to survive my year so far/ITZ is...

SerratedBiz! (Sorry Sanjor, while your dwarf is still alive, s/he's a forgotten and currently dying in a locked room, I might try to save the dwarf if I can but currently it's counted as a gonner)

I fully believe that SerratedBiz did in fact kill Riramo Skullsgully the starved troll bride now.
We all doubted him.

There is seriously nothing remotely happening apart from the remaining forgotten slowly dropping off in their rooms, stones being picked up, crafted, and then the crafted item put somewhere.]

1st Moonstone, Diary of Urist
fJ5zeh.jpg

It's winter. Not like it makes a difference here. But..It turns out there was a siege going on, I don't know when it ended, but from what I gathered it barely started.
Maybe the fallen would have prefered that death huh diary?

Three new masonrys are being put up, I want the memorial slabs finished before the year ends. 44 memorial slabs have already been done. Barely halfway done.
The rooms need to be finished before the year ends as well.
WhVMeh.jpg

Sanjor is the only forgotten to have been saved during this whole year.

It's a difficult time, we're removing all of the doors to the forgotten rooms, and burying them.
Removing the beds, doors, coffers and so on for reuse.
It's been a tough year, but the forgotten are all gone. It keeps us all busy, but it's tendious work.

13th of Moonstone, Diary of Urist.
Work is slow going, with what little remains, but it should be done before the spring.
I've just heard that..
Zy8Gbh.jpg

It shouldn't have a way to get to us though. I think it killed the other forgotten beast or something, it's not listed anymore. Even if it does get into the tunnel down the depths, I've walled off one floor and put hatches over a secondry entry for a couple levels, and locked the hatches.
Just in case.
No more risks

[Ho..hum..Randomly checking status of some of the nations]
uN2KJh.jpg

Z5mDOh.jpg

:M

[12th of Obsidian
s3HoBh.jpg

Eh. You read right, 12th of Obsidian. The only thing that's happening is basically this:
Pick up rock, do something with rock, drink/eat/sleep, bring now-crafted rock somewhere, go back and find another rock, pick up rock. etc
Nothing else of note, only the end result of all the tedious work is worth noting. Fixing and surviving is boring as fuck, let me tell you.

Sorry about the complete and utter lackluster update, but the last two seasons were me making sure the fortress would survive for next year, getting the bunker fortress perfect to expand out of. Maybe it's my inexperience, but I couldn't make a story out of what was basically nothing. Last update/epilogue and save to follow.]

Cassidy

Arcane
I guess this is poetic justice considering I gave a fucked up fortress for Krash to fix and now it'll be my turn to fix another one that was seriously fucked up.

Unless a new player wishes to join and take the challenge of sorting through such madness himself, of course.

Urist McLurker

Learned
Cassidy said:
I guess this is poetic justice considering I gave a fucked up fortress for Krash to fix and now it'll be my turn to fix another one that was seriously fucked up.

Unless a new player wishes to join and take the challenge of sorting through such madness himself, of course

The fortress is actually in pretty good shape, there's enough food to last over a decade, the farms are working and have room to expand, the fortress is (sadly) safe from any threats, all of the dwarves have good rooms with good rooms spare, all of the ghosts have been put to rest. Most of the surviving dwarves have military training in some form, we've located adamanite, supplies are overflowing.

Whoever gets the next year will have the job of cleaning up the fortress and getting the military up and running again to break any sieges to allow trade and immigrants. A lot of hauling and a lot of training awaits. The fortress isn't so much fucked up, it's more like it's been held back a couple years. Might as well be the first year again though, but there's everything the fortress needs to grow properly.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
MAGMA PUMP STACK! CLEANSE THE UPPER LEVELS WITH HOLY PROMETHIUM!

You can do it, Cassidy! Half the FUN in dwarf fortress is getting horribly raped. The other half is creating needlessly complex doomsday machinery!

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Great update yet again. It can't be FUN all the time, but it has a melancholic tone to it, like the silence after the storm. I liked it.

Should be fun to break the siege with 16 dwarves.

Hellraiser

Arcane
The spirit of the Baroness has safeguarded Virgintraded from ITZ. All praise be to the baroness, the holy Lady of magma, gold and wood burning.

Also I totally recommend building a magma pump stack, but we're kind of fucked when it comes to magma-safe mechanical components.

Urist McLurker

Learned
Hellraiser said:
but we're kind of fucked when it comes to magma-safe mechanical components.
Except all of the Obsidian, Mica and Orthoclase we have just laying around.
Y'know the bottom level of the Baronesses' shrine/chamber? All mica and orthoclase just begging to be used.
Nearly all of the rooms are carved out of Mica. There's tons of it.
Then there's the levels of orthoclase down the stairs that were built, then the obsidian levels of it.
Unless I'm a moron and much mistaken. But a magma pumpstack to cover the land in lava is completely and utterly fesible from what I can see.

I'd much rather see a volcano 'blow up' and cover the invading armies(of which there's 46? Including prisoners of ice) with a hot burny death as a giant fuck you to the land we live in, than trying to reach the adamantine which is clearly a one way ticket to the clown car(aka our future if we don't fuck shit up). As far as I see it, the only options for something awesome we have is a suicide death against unbeatable army,, suicide death against forgotten beast, magma doomstack, magma graveyard for the forgotten or the adamantine. And after playing this year, I sure as hell don't want to see someone do suicide mission.

My vote is for the magma pumpstack.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Also I totally recommend building a magma pump stack, but we're kind of fucked when it comes to magma-safe mechanical components.

Most of the surviving dwarves have military training in some form, we've located adamanite, supplies are overflowing.

:rpgcodex:

Except all of the Obsidian, Mica and Orthoclase we have just laying around.
Y'know the bottom level of the Baronesses' shrine/chamber? All mica and orthoclase just begging to be used.
Nearly all of the rooms are carved out of Mica. There's tons of it.
Then there's the levels of orthoclase down the stairs that were built, then the obsidian levels of it.
Unless I'm a moron and much mistaken. But a magma pumpstack to cover the land in lava is completely and utterly fesible from what I can see.

Even better :thumbsup:

Urist McLurker

Learned
Problem with the adamantine is it's in the middle of lava seas and it's going to be a death sentance if you dig too much of it. I reckon the two levels that we can see are reachable, anything more than that will end in the death of the fortress.
Although there should be enough there for the pumpstack.

SerratedBiz

Arcane
Goddamnit, that's one sexy dwarf survivor.

Kudos McLurker for pulling through with this madness. Again, lesser men (me) would've formatted our harddrives rather than load that savegame.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
16 dwarves against 46 enemies outside? Sounds fun.

You should totally train these 16 into freaking monsters, and the next time our dwarven brothers try to visit you fire the magma cannon while 15 adamantine-clad raging berserkers storm out for glory (one should engrave the walls to our glorious wood burning visionary with the deeds of the battle). He will then entomb himself at the entrance of the fortress. Thats when you will upload the save so every dwarf alive can adventure to our glorious Virgintraded, makiing it a codexian Mekka. It will be Majestic.

ironyuri

Ahahahahahahahahahaha, you actually followed Ulminati to another thread in another fucking sub-forum to prove that you are not "butthurt", thus proving beyond a shadow of a doubt that you are the most critically butthurt faggot on the Codex. Holy shit, this is priceless.

Anyway, as for the adamantite-lava mining problem, I probably won't be playing DF because I suck horribly at it, but: couldn't you build a valve system to stop lava flooding the fortress from mining? Cap the well, so to speak, like an oil rig- you build a tunnel to the mine with some kind of lever/door system that could be closed behind the miners when they go in to block the lava flow, and opened if need be to let them out; maybe with a lever on either side of the door so it can act as a failsafe. Multiple break points in such a tunnel could ensure more fool proof way of stopping the magma from pouring through if just one door somehow fails.

Urist McLurker

Learned
ironyuri
The problem isn't so much the magma seas, it's trying to find a way through them to the adamantine, it won't be surrounded by lava or else it would have shown up when the magma sea was discovered; there's got to be a clear way to the adamantine somehow.

I think it can be safely reached as long as whoever does it is very careful, and makes sure to floor off the stairs if anything Fun happens, or else the fortress'll die in a matter of days.

Oh, and not only is he doing that, he's doing it on multiple threads just to prove how non-butthurt he is.

Urist McLurker

Learned

1st of Granite, Diary of Urist, Proud Woodburner.

Hi Diary, how are you today? I know I haven't been talking to you a lot, but there's..been..a lot happening.
Loads of work! Boring dull work! But most of its done now!

Guess what Diary?

GUESS.

The memorial hall is completely done!
XUSa1h.jpg

The eyebrows are for important dwarves!

I know I put Vucar there but..He did save my life, dying for me. I think that's kinda important. It is, right diary?
Izr3Rh.jpg

Here's the old rooms on this level, I changed one to a refuse pile and one to a corpse pile for the mean time, the old meeting/masonry hall is to the east.
Tar3Nh.jpg

This is the storage area and meeting hall the third!
See those stairs? Down the level goes see to the workshop area! The storage area being right up here. Up another stairs, is the food area, then the sleeping rooms, it's so the sound from the workshops is three levels down from where you sleep. I think that's good enough, right?

Since we all have personal dining rooms, I thought it would be smart to put the food between us and meeting hall, in case someone wanted to eat down there, or up in their own room.
cTSTxh.jpg

Here are the workshops I told you about, the stairs goes down another level in case we need it further from the rooms/need more storage.

You can see Sanjor there! He was there when I did my drawing and he kept telling me not to put him in the picture "I don't want to be in your Amrok forsaken book of the dead leave me outta it you madwoman". He was just playing hard to get haha. He's our new mechanic as we don't have much need for a furnace operator at the moment. He's also a great bone craver, but he's far better at being a furnace operator!
6NLYzh.jpg

The food area! It's difficult to tell how much food is there, but there's a lot don't you worry Diary.
0Hx3Lh.jpg

Rooms! Ubid and Id are in their rooms. They were very welcoming, pushing me towards the doors, trying to grab me and yelling welcomes at me.
Not all of the rooms are actually used! Ha..you..you were worried about there not being enough, remember that diary? Yeah..I guess you were wrong..

Each home has two rooms, bedroom and a dining room, 2 statues, 1 bed, 1 table, 1 chair, 1 coffer, 1cabinet, 1 weapons rack, and 1 armour rack! And it's fully smoothed out. The room on the far left is Mayor SerratedBiz, did I tell you he got elected? Everyone voted for him. The rooms for the mayor need to be made bigger though I think. Haha, he's picky.
gxz6Lh.jpg

The stairs finally end at the farms, I've put a load of floorgates to be rigged to that lever up there. You see the one under the other lever? That's the one, so we can expand the farmlands eventually! Or not! Everyone kept telling me that the ice would just refreeze each time we break it, but that William didn't know what he was talking about right?
The lever above it is for the current floodgate!

There's not much else! Just the empty rooms, the passages to select areas of the fortress!

And..of course
worPah.jpg

m9olhh.jpg

I know it's not..what the baroness wanted.. and it took all year.. But she's finally there.
Resting at her shrine. And I know the coffin isn't gold like it should be but.. Yeah I know Diary, you're a dolt too.

BCFg2.jpg

These are the dwarves that survived.

Ha..I lost so many. the Baroness gave me 102, and I've lost all but 13 of them.

I guess it's that time diary right? 89 dwarves dead isn't it?

I know some of them were useless dolts, and I know I hated some of them..But. They all deserve this at least.

Ablel Ablelzatthud.
Ablel Savotvabok
Ablel Tinotholtar
Adil Fikodesmul
Alath Astisreg
Amost Zonkonos
Asmel Kibirifot
Asmel Likotust
Ast Datanthol
Atir Akrelkubuk
Atis Menggigin
Bembul Osodrigoth
Ber Zegalath
'Brewmaster' Kilrudidash
Catten Kubukgoden
Cerol Aleknomal
'Chef' Asteshletmos
Dakost Dastotlitast
Datan Asmeldural
Degel Lularducim
Degel Zuntiratol
Dishmab Stukosamal
Dumed Alathilkthag
Endok Matulathel
Erith Kolkathil
Etur Cogsashas
Fath Rovodtoltot
'Fight' Nomalnazom
Goden Mamotsazir
Goden Teshkadletmos
Id Rakustmeng
Ingish Berlisat
Ingiz Duthalas
Inod Amcilob
Inod Erarstinthad
Kogan Bistokdastot
Kogan Idabsam
Kol Odgubavuz
Kosoth Avuzfoker
'Krash' Sigunalil
Kubuk Thobsodel
Kubuk Vabokid
Kulet Kubukidash
Kumil Itonnanges
Led Amidnil
Logem Endokbetan
Logem Eralarzes
Logem Idothil
Lor Soshvutok
Lorbam Bakustmeng
'Mechanic' Eralsolon
Medtob Degvabok
Melbil Idgeb
Metthos Udamost
Minkot Atolkel
Moldath Dolushreg
Monom Urvadabel
Monon Vabokstigaz
Morul Avuzdatur
Mosus Athelustuth
Nish Amostmorul
Nish Cilobzathhud
Obok Sirabonul
Onget Luzatbomrek
Onul Libadnish
Onul Ralitdun
'recruit' Kedilral
'recruit' Momuzgubel
'recruit' Tenshedstinthad
Rimtar Linemastesh
Shorast Kubukrit
Shorast Vutokerith
Sibrek Ducimang
Sodel Inodbisol
Sodel Vaboksanreb
Tekkud Fotthorsodel
Tobul Emalmosus
Tulon Dishmablocun
Tun Bomrekkekath
Udib Govosstinthad
Udib Ushilcatten
Udil Edemstizash
Udil Uzolsolam
Unnib Orled
Ustuth Kelsinsot
Usuth Sobirdodok
..Vucar Logemluslem..
'William' Urvadibmat
Zon Asizbomrek
Zulban Morulrigoth
Zulban Tadfikod.
All died in the year 254 at the City of Vatheznish. :salute:

I know I was never meant to be mayor, and I was never meant to get into politics, or leadership, or anything, the only thing I can do is burn wood..and I'm not even good at that.. and I know I failed you all, and I'm sorry I didn't save more of you.

While most of you might be the forgotten, I'll never forget any of you: You all who died this year, will live on as legends, as mythical heroes for the ages.
73Vmmh.jpg

Isn't that right Diary?

DF Save: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=6284

Urist McLurker

Learned
I wanted to leave the last update as the end itself rather than having loads of notes and shit at the end, so I'm putting that in this post.
For whoever takes the next year, you can bet there's another cavern on the way to the adamantine, and that it's a passage to clown car fun, so uh, good luck with that. Be goddamn careful.
There's 46 invaders; won't be any trade or new dwarves(maybe a couple kids, I'm sure at least one of the dwarves is going to give birth eventually) while the siege is here.
The fortress itself is perfectly in shape at the moment, so unless you fuck something up, it won't go wrong.
There's the reclaiming of the main fortress to do, which'll take a lot of time to clean up, I suggest making sure that the three content/fine/orwhatever dwarves don't do anything that'll bring them to the main fortress just in case they come across the body of a friend or love one or something, just in case.

I also suggest whoever's up next start a megaproject to make the volcano 'explode' and cover the surrounding land with lava to kill the invaders, having some magical way to get to the fortress for trade/new dwarves.
Otherwise it's going to be a very boring year, but the fortress will survive for future insanity inanity, it'll just be a boring year as things get sorted out and cleaned.

There's only one thing on the to do list for the survival of the fortress and that's expand the mayor rooms. I think there's dampstone on the east side 'cause of the farm water. But there should be enough room expand in order to make the mayor happy.
Otherwise it's simply a case of cleaning the fortress out, but even that doesn't need to be done. Basically find something exciting to keep you going through the year.

For any lurkers thinking about giving LPing a go, do it fgt. What's there to lose apart from the little self-esteem you might have left:rpgcodex:
For the rest of you:love:it's been great. I'll answer any questions or whatever you might have about the year before returning to lurking until it's my year again(If we survive that long)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom