Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Read I want to be a zebra! Let's read Freesia (NSFW)

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
No cliffhanger!
2n81on7.png

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
I'm kind of wondering about the format a bit. We're nearing a point where a long plot arc that spans more than a full two volumes starts, and most of it is high on action and low on mindfuck, so it should be easier to read in bigger doses. So I might just abandon the "One Volume per page" goal and post three chapters per update until it ends. What say you bros?

lightbane

Arcane
Mizo at least proved his manhood... Even though the objective was an apparently defenseless, old woman. I say you post 3 chapters per update if it's easier to read.

Random

Arcane
Patron
I'm kind of wondering about the format a bit. We're nearing a point where a long plot arc that spans more than a full two volumes starts, and most of it is high on action and low on mindfuck, so it should be easier to read in bigger doses. So I might just abandon the "One Volume per page" goal and post three chapters per update until it ends. What say you bros?

Yes please.

LundB

Mistakes were made.

Yes please.

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
Allrighty then, time for Volume 6!

Y4bcm.jpg

Gilhj.jpg

HdPvT.jpg

0pzb5.jpg

I bring you Chapter 32, where Mizoguchi-kun resolves his issues.

2Rp4r.jpg

rjErN.jpg

qd8EE.jpg

nsVIX.jpg

foaZB.jpg

rXBAW.jpg

c1MhI.jpg

4hLJT.jpg

hu9gr.jpg

S1XgA.jpg

jubsb.jpg

ctxOg.jpg

8v4e0.jpg

iqYyN.jpg

tXcd9.jpg

m2FOC.jpg

hJ7eG.jpg

WokHF.jpg

hFEWF.jpg

BOnXs.jpg

wpcsl.jpg

epL0d.jpg

jZiWv.jpg

QKya7.jpg

sHzCk.jpg

CemEX.jpg

ALfwN.jpg

VknLu.jpg

Chapter 33, where Kano wants to help people. Also, rape is back, and going strong.

YeBPz.jpg

4tgut.jpg

ddczq.jpg

d7vsN.jpg

bRKLG.jpg

8Qdhe.jpg

DmC2C.jpg

BIV7E.jpg

RyviW.jpg

WqZOK.jpg

PXFJ5.jpg

rS53s.jpg

un3kM.jpg

R9KiI.jpg

DJYM6.jpg

9l29c.jpg

HWB8A.jpg

Mpkkb.jpg

6rmvq.jpg

e5gYr.jpg

ZSuHj.jpg

dGG5J.jpg

cQzoN.jpg

00Six.jpg

RG3JK.jpg

W8CwJ.jpg

Not that much of a cliffhanger, honestly.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
....this reminds me of that movie...forgot the name. Some ex military guy walking around in USA...going psycho. Definitely not Rambo.

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
Chapter 34, where rape comes back, and an unlikely face gets stomped.

WT09e.jpg

cARyu.jpg

ELnYA.jpg

SLehT.jpg

oo0qD.jpg

mm8qD.jpg

Ytk3Z.jpg

7xB2h.jpg

G9WNl.jpg

06CY4.jpg

6WzXM.jpg

qdr5w.jpg

408Kj.jpg

Eu3Cs.jpg

ms5o1.jpg

2VDwE.jpg

oTb6Q.jpg

wqzD6.jpg

fsGmJ.jpg

1xFpp.jpg

T5g8k.jpg

oXpgj.jpg

aHw87.jpg

PWB5M.jpg

Jrgm5.jpg

vI0SX.jpg

And Chapter 35, in which Higuchi establishes herself as the one responsible for everything that is about to transpire.

mkKG0.jpg

SWVMl.jpg

Ymlv2.jpg

uAVJv.jpg

Ci0r1.jpg

BQ3SE.jpg

hOhfV.jpg

oIlVC.jpg

cKJ36.jpg

XiQy5.jpg

QJzn1.jpg

wL0mS.jpg

jgo9H.jpg

S4Mpa.jpg

1qOKr.jpg

8SQ4r.jpg

z7Aix.jpg

lMnVu.jpg

eLOea.jpg

Don5k.jpg

bulKb.jpg

p4Q2B.jpg

fXo7f.jpg

GafKf.jpg

P7gkF.jpg

VYXbA.jpg

Sq5df.jpg

And we've reached that thing I was talking about bros. Next ~5 updates are gonna feature 3 chapters each, and will form one continuous plot arc.

lightbane

Arcane
So, Higuchi has evil intentions? How surprising.

Poor Kano, he's getting worse and worse :(

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
I wonder if the mangaka was inspired by Koroshiya Ichi.

I doubt it. The tone is very different. Even though I like to joke about the violence and rape, they are depicted in a fairly reasonable fashion, very much unlike Ichi. Furthermore, Ichi specifically deals with society's extremes, brutal gangsters, killers, thieves, whores, and so forth; while one of the main points of Freesia (in my interpretation at least) is that all these awful things and all these messed up people can function in our "normal" society just fine. That's why we spend so much time on "slice of life" segments, even if they may seem tangential to the plot.

In any case, it is time bros. Behold, chapters 36, 37 and 38, where a bunch of new characters are introduced. You better like them, cause we're gonna be seeing them for a long time.

kf7fP.jpg

48bPL.jpg

qQoYO.jpg

fgb7x.jpg

6dLio.jpg

Md5pf.jpg

6yDoc.jpg

yaqKy.jpg

X8naz.jpg

265AL.jpg

dwfRZ.jpg

uHREL.jpg

spUKd.jpg

8A8qV.jpg

kbEBK.jpg

Ofnua.jpg

OBT24.jpg

NEJEE.jpg

cKnCF.jpg

iDgNg.jpg

ZAiaN.jpg

UGXJi.jpg

jFS69.jpg

8l5au.jpg

Lc5aH.jpg

i2PmO.jpg

HL0iw.jpg

2zP8m.jpg

3ISUb.jpg

lxsrg.jpg

FpURK.jpg

UGGi9.jpg

gH0p5.jpg

zPM6o.jpg

V6nMZ.jpg

kTdBd.jpg

EPC8G.jpg

Ujm7b.jpg

ocNvu.jpg

YpjNE.jpg

KRSct.jpg

PIEkN.jpg

fANEz.jpg

wjqrl.jpg

V20pv.jpg

X58WS.jpg

SQQ8H.jpg

0dAt7.jpg

SZmaH.jpg

bwb19.jpg

62pxi.jpg

qqwVM.jpg

O51tA.jpg

IJc0q.jpg

4hHca.jpg

9zRlw.jpg

2QEJf.jpg

IfODH.jpg

20QDM.jpg

kHlz1.jpg

62jeB.jpg

NkIlO.jpg

R7lzY.jpg

agMh9.jpg

H5Ncu.jpg

ohTkQ.jpg

CKSem.jpg

buXjj.jpg

nB2yN.jpg

WqVh7.jpg

e7ks3.jpg

88SnU.jpg

TEyaS.jpg

6mkYL.jpg

qb5RR.jpg

7ioFx.jpg

WLhay.jpg

504gf.jpg

ls0aN.jpg

KA8Mw.jpg

Is that a woman? Should we expect more rape? So many questions!

Incidentally, this marks the end of Volume 6.

Radisshu

Prophet
I doubt it. The tone is very different. Even though I like to joke about the violence and rape, they are depicted in a fairly reasonable fashion, very much unlike Ichi. Furthermore, Ichi specifically deals with society's extremes, brutal gangsters, killers, thieves, whores, and so forth; while one of the main points of Freesia (in my interpretation at least) is that all these awful things and all these messed up people can function in our "normal" society just fine. That's why we spend so much time on "slice of life" segments, even if they may seem tangential to the plot.

The scene where Kano remembers witnessing a rape and then gets his ass kicked by his girlfriend's fuck buddy is very similar to a bunch of scenes in Ichi though.

EDIT: Kano himself is also sort of like a Haruki Murakami protagonist filtered through Ichi.

XenomorphII

Prophet
Bump again. Though clearly not a superior bump like SerratedBiz's is.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom