Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress I Want to Be a Viking! Let's Play Heimdall - On Amiga

JoKa

Cipher
Fuck yeah, nice to see you back on this one!

:incline:

Heimdall is murderer and he don't mind some rape and pillage from time to time... but he's no thief. We shall leave their jew-gold alone.

Reminds me of Radiata Stories, a ps2 game with elves, dwarves, fairies, orcs and other fantasy races that was about racism (well done, not IN YOUR FACE RETARD LOL, no-one was innocent). Unsurprisingly, dwarves were represented as extremely greedy little shits (to the point the king mentions not having enough money to pay the taxes, despite sitting on a throne made of gold while he says that :lol:).

By the way, will you lp Heimdall 2 once you're done with this done?

It depends on how fast and hectic Heimdall 2 is. From what I've read sequel is much more twitchy than first Heimdall, I don't mind that (it's amiga, twitchy games are to be expected) but I have to first check if it will be even possible to make screenshot LP of it without taking millions of pictures. I considered making Alien Breed: Tower Assault "iron man" challange LP but it would simply take too many screenshot to show what I'm doing. Then I was split between doing Darkmere and Heimdall, Heimdall won because amount of screenshot I have to make to show you exactly what I'm doing is "just right" (In Darkmere I would have to flood you with shitton of pictures showing me smelling random potions and examining every piece of furniture to advance the game).

Utgard update 8

What gods want?...

1.jpg

Not many changes experience points wise but we haven't done that much fighting and chest opening (I think you gain experience for opening chests and doing other things than fighting). We gained some unique items though. We will leave dwarven necklace because it's clearly item we have to give to one of the Norns, we shall take with us "water" scroll and dragon's egg.

2.jpg

Now we will sail to island east of us and then make our way north from there, avoiding strange island in the southern end of the map as long as possible.

3.jpg

I very much wish to do so, thank you.

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Let's check northern exit first and deal with the rest when we are finished there. There is also chance that all those exits leads to same room or are connected in some other way.

7.jpg

But north it is for now.

8.jpg

Looks like we will have to fight.

9.jpg

I have to do my best because we are low on food and "infinite shop" is nowhere to be found.

10.jpg

Well, I've done pretty good job. We blocked his first blow and then just started to spam attacks. I got hit once because of miss-click but I'm not that much of savescummer to reload because of that. Draugr dropped crystal sword (discarded), food, ice shard scroll (discarded) and simple restore scroll which restored quite a lot of Heimdall's hit points, which is surprising because this spell used to suck.

11.jpg

Just look at it, we had around 50 HP before using this scroll. Maybe it's higher runelore... or just a luck.

12.jpg

Let's switch to Aegir and continue.

13.jpg

Spider country!

14.jpg

15.jpg

He had quite a lot of hit points for a spider...

16.jpg

And managed to hit us couple of times. He dropped Jade Key.

17.jpg

18.jpg

We had to use diamond key to open this doors and I'm very unhappy about that because we only had one.

19.jpg

This better be fucking worth it.

20.jpg

HOLY SHIT!

21.jpg

Huge chick wants something red from us. And I'm afraid it's not a dick. If we don't have anything she wants I'm reloading because we don't have any more diamond keys.

22.jpg

Unfortunately, we don't have anything for her.

23.jpg

RELOAD! (I don't feel like grinding for diamond keys).

24.jpg

We are back after we killed spider but before we used our last diamond key.

25.jpg

Let's check this exit.

26.jpg

27.jpg

28.jpg

He dropped adamant axe and some food. Nice but I would prefere diamond keys...

29.jpg

There was nothing else in this room so let's check the last open one.

30.jpg

Probably more random drop and some experience points but hey.

31.jpg

32.jpg

He dropped two useless scrolls and dexterity potion.

33.jpg

That's nice, Heimdall is almost maxed out at everything.

34.jpg

Ok, now let's check if we can open those doors with any of our key that is not made of diamond.

35.jpg

Regular key did the trick.

36.jpg

37.jpg

We found food and one jade and one regular key. Nice but not jaw-dropping.

38.jpg

That's it for this island...

39.jpg

I tried to backtrack to first island we visited (this one with closed doors we could not open) but the trip almost killed us and used all our food. It turnes out that crew actually does have to eat while we sail. So unless we find a shop in next episode I will be forced to grind for food. But that's in next episode...

Utgard update 9

Proper giants, shrinking spell and search for "Red" continues.

1.jpg

I was walking around Iduna island for a while killing respawning monster and we managed to get one food ration for everyone, two for Heimdall and couple of restore scrolls on top of that. I think we are ready to continue our quest.

2.jpg

It's time to visit this big one north of us.

3.jpg

Yup.

4.jpg

That's new... and very blue. Almost as blue as Curse of the Azure bonds, guys who developed CotAB fucking LOVED blue colour.

5.jpg

6.jpg

Looks like there are three exits from here. Let's check the northern one first.

7.jpg

Uhm, we can't go through it. I seems it's just a decoration. What about one in the east?

8.jpg

9.jpg

Filthy giants!

We defeated him bo he run away dropping plain gold ring and food.

10.jpg

But this exit is also unusable.

11.jpg

12.jpg

Ok, at least this one worked.

13.jpg

At least it's not filthy giant rat.

14.jpg

He had only regular dagger.

15.jpg

It seems that those jagged holes are only decoration and we can't use them.

16.jpg

But there are other exits from here. Let's take the one in north-east.

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

So, It's going to be complicated island.

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

Interesting.

24.jpg

Well, it looks like we have found real giants, or at least their library...

Dwarven-Human dictionary.

*something* to Europe.

Heimdall Part Two: 1st draft.

And I can't make up names of the rest.

25.jpg

Aww shieet. END + 4, disk swapper be blessed.

26.jpg

Oh hai...

27.jpg

28.jpg

29.jpg

What a wuss. He dropped crystal sword (which we gave to Aegir) restore all and resurrection scroll and strenght potion.

30.jpg

We told Aegir to drink str potion and now he have 84 str. Nice!

31.jpg

Let's take a look around.

32.jpg

Ok, it's SHORTCUT to europe, Egil Saga (pretty good saga, really), Monks Habits and book called Nifelheim.

33.jpg

We tried to use Revelation scroll. Let's get closer to Nifelheim book first.

34.jpg

Wat?

35.jpg

Sure!

36.jpg

Oh, that should be useful if we come across another one of gods weapon.

37.jpg

We also tried to use detect secret doors and teleportation scroll but they are of no use in this room. So let's go back.

38.jpg

Giant books were behind the upper exit, let's check the lower one.

39.jpg

We cant use any of those holes. They just spawn giant rats (once) who drop crappy treasure. I think that's it for this island. We have found shrinking spell which we probably will have to use to "shrink" god weapon, when we find it.

40.jpg

Ok, let's get back to the ship.

41.jpg

Three island left to visit. One north east from us, this strange island in the south that just screams "FINAL ISLAND WITH GOD WEAPON!" and first one we visited and were unable to open doors.

42.jpg

And that's how we look with experience, pretty nice considering that 8 level is max in this game. Of course rest of the crew have jack-shit experience wise but fuck 'em they are jast pack-mules. Ok, in next episode we shall continue our amazing journey and hopefully we will find something red.

Utgard update 10

8Th Day pulling off Sierra...

1.jpg

There is only one island left, and after this we will have to backtrack a little.

2.jpg

3.jpg

Yes!

4.jpg

I hope we will find another gift for Norns here. We only have necklace and information how to get Iduna's apple. No idea what could restore eyesight though.

5.jpg

But let's explore this island first and worry about Norns later.

6.jpg

Resurrection scroll, not very useful since we have Power Word Savestate.

7.jpg

Then we avoided arrow trap and picked up some food. Now let's check out this exit.

8.jpg

Draugr!

9.jpg

Have at you!

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

I kinda screwed up this fight since we took only one ration of food with us. Well, shit. Draugr dropped Invulnerability scroll which we discraded.

13.jpg

Now, let's check out exit he was guarding.

14.jpg

Ok, Aegir time!

15.jpg

16.jpg

Nice! chest contained food, extra healing scroll (which we used to heal Heimdall), crystal sword (trash, discarded) and fire scroll (also, trash and also discarded). I'm very happy about healing stuff we have found because for some reason I decided to leave most of our food on ship.

17.jpg

Continue exploring oh ye mighty Aegir!

18.jpg

Dead end! go back and use southern exit oh ye mighty Aegir!

19.jpg

20.jpg

Enemy! step back oh ye mighty Aegir because this is actually job for real man.

21.jpg

Let's deal with Le Sorcerer first.

22.jpg

Your spell is no use against my strategy old man!

23.jpg

SPAM SPAM SPAM!

24.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

He dropped 50 gold coins. Useless old fart.

27.jpg

Ok, now let's deal with the next guy.

28.jpg

No, we are not going to run.

29.jpg

30.jpg

31.jpg

32.jpg

Complete wuss, but he dropped no treasure.

33.jpg

Ok, now we can take a look around.

34.jpg

35.jpg

36.jpg

Goddamit!

37.jpg

Ok, we found Extra Heal scroll and potion of dexterity. We told Ormr to drink it because Heimdall and Aegir are pretty much maxed out in dexteiry. Also this potion reminded me to discard Heimdall's Dexterity Charm because he no longer need it and it only wasted his inventory space.

38.jpg

And now we can continue.

39.jpg

Well, well. A gap we can't cross. I think we can deal with it though...

40.jpg

41.jpg

42.jpg

43.jpg

You won't stop me, old man!

44.jpg

Holy shit dude was though. He killed Heimdall once because I didn't switch to Aegir fast enough when Heimdall's health dropped to low. But we managed to kill him with second try. He dropped food and two useless scrolls (resurrection and detect traps).

45.jpg

Now let's deal with his friends.

46.jpg

He's first.

47.jpg

Not nearly as tough as Le Sorcerer. And he dropped runelore potion which we gave to Ormr.

48.jpg

Now let's take care of the last dude.

49.jpg

50.jpg

He had runesword, plain ring and circlet. Waste of space, discarded.

51.jpg

But Heimdall leveled up! now he have 99 at every stat. MACHINE!

52.jpg

Now let's check what this horn is all about.

53.jpg

Sure!

54.jpg

FUCK!

55.jpg

We are completely screwed. We can't blow the horn and we can't leave this island because we don't have any teleportation scrolls left... fortunately I made backup save.

56.jpg

I had save before we teleported so we didn't loose teleportation scroll but Heimdall didn't reache level 8. Oh, well. In next episode we shall go back to the first island in Utgard and try to open closed doors there.

Utgard update 11

Sweet smell of progress.

1.jpg

Our last island visit was pretty much a failure and we could have lost some progres if not for backup savestate. I think there are only two

things we can do right now. First thing is to go back to second island in Utgard and see if we can open those closed doors now. Second thing we

can try is to give Necklace to one of the Norns and see if we will get anything from it. But let's check out those closed doors on second

island first.

2.jpg

After some island hopping we are ready to disembark.

3.jpg

Those doors are what stopped us not so long ago.

4.jpg

My only hope is that they don't require diamond key because we only have one.

5.jpg

Nope, iron key was enough and we still have two of those left.

6.jpg

7.jpg

Goddamit, ninja spiders.

8.jpg

He dropped useless, regular axe.

9.jpg

Let se if this exit in the north is actually exit and not only decoration.

10.jpg

Aaand it's just a decoration.

11.jpg

12.jpg

Time to switch to Aegir.

13.jpg

We have found some food, jade key and one very interesting scroll...

14.jpg

That's something new. Let's try not to lose it.

15.jpg

Let's keep exploring.

16.jpg

Another spider hole?

17.jpg

18.jpg

Yes, probably someone at 8TH Day forget to draw cobwebs on those black holes.

19.jpg

Bastard died after three hits and dropped only regular dagger.

20.jpg

21.jpg

It looks like we will have to use more keys, which is not such a bad thing since we

have fucking tons of them.

22.jpg

We managed to open first door with silver key.

23.jpg

What the-? I didn't catched it but this blob-dude spit fireball at something and now SHITS ON FIRE! I don't like this room, let's check other

ones.

24.jpg

Regular key was enough to open those doors.

25.jpg

Oh hai there shiny!

26.jpg

Le ruby, or to be more precise - Le RED ruby.

27.jpg

Ok, let's see what else is in here.

28.jpg

29.jpg

No, we don't want to leave yet. This whole island just smells of progress. Let' go back.

30.jpg

Let's try this opened exit to the south.

31.jpg

32.jpg

Food and resurrection scroll.

33.jpg

34.jpg

Sorcerers convention...

35.jpg

And we have no invitation.

36.jpg

Dude had whole crapton of hit points but did very little damage. He also dropped two useless scrolls which we discarded (curse and raise str).

37.jpg

Now we have to take care of his friend.

38.jpg

39.jpg

This guy actually did pretty decent damage but he dropped just 10 gold coins.

40.jpg

Let's loot this chest.

41.jpg

Some useless weapons (runic axes and such) and two healing scrolls. One simple restore and one restore all. We used first one to heal Aegir a

little bit and we will use second one when we'll be back at the ship. Now let's quickly backtrack to this fire spitting blob...

42.jpg

43.jpg

44.jpg

Well, disenchant scroll doesn't work here.

45.jpg

But how about the Water?

46.jpg

Water worked!

47.jpg

We put down the fire and were able to loot the chest. We found some not very useful scrolls and one interesting weapon...

48.jpg

Storm blade, better than what we already had.

49.jpg

But that's it for this island.

50.jpg

We have found red ruby and in next episode we shall go back to Iduna's island and try to give it to godess of... something in exchange for her apples.

I'm trying to avoid posting milion updates on one page so I will keep posting my drawings of rock-stars until someone start to post comments in this LP.

wtrs.JPG

TOME

Cuckmaster General
I'm still reading page 2. Are you planning to do Heimdall 2 after this?

Oh, crap. Sorry then. Keep reading good sir and throw a message when you run out of updates. I will certainly try to make LP of Heimdall 2 if I manage to finish first one.

lightbane

Arcane
Well It's hard to post comments when you update so fast. Give us a bit of time to read, bro, then once we're done we'll complain that you take too long to update.
:troll:

JoKa

Cipher
i'm not able to comment every time you update, you're much too fast for that. will try, though.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Haha, it's a pretty unique LP where the updates go too fast for the comments :P

I'm enjoying it tho, but I'm also wondering what the path forward is now. You seem to have covered almost all islands, so what's next? We'll see in the next page, I guess!

Utgard uptdate 12

I finally decided to shut the fuck up and just make an update. And let people read it whenever they fucking want and post comments if they decide to do so. You guys already proved three times that someone is fucking reading it but for some reason I decided to by a crybaby. But I'm fine now and stopped being a faggot. So here's update!

Also, DILDO!

1.jpg

I think we are good enough on food and we should be able to get to Iduna's island without
dying of starvation. It's quite far away (other side of the map, pretty much) so we shall see.

2.jpg

Well, we moved only one island closer to our targer and Jarmes is alread bitching
that we are all going to die.

3.jpg

Fuck you Jarmes, we are fine!

4.jpg

I do!

5.jpg

And this is why I prefere to play in very long session and finish games in two or three days.
I already forget the way to Iduna. Well, it's good thing I LP this because I can just take
a look at my older updates.

6.jpg

Ok, we reached closed doors.

7.jpg

And used our one and only diamond key to open them.

8.jpg

This better be it goddamit!

9.jpg

10.jpg

Awww yisss, muthafuckin apples!

11.jpg

Actually, only one apple but whatever. Now we need to go back to island with Norns.

12.jpg

13.jpg

We reached Norn's Island but yeah, we are barely alive. We better find some food here
or we are fuuucked.

14.jpg

15.jpg

Stuntie blocks our way to victory!

16.jpg

You will not stop us! and drop some food please...

17.jpg

Dammit, no food, only two usesless curse scrolls.

18.jpg

Ok, let's pay a visit to first Norn.

19.jpg

We have to give gifts to all Norns before we get any reward. That sucks because I have no idea
what could heal eyesight.

20.jpg

Well... crap.

21.jpg

But let's just do our job and give apple to second Norn.

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

We are very low on health so... SPAM SPAM SPAM!

25.jpg

And he also didn't drop any food. But he had resurrection scroll and I got a feeling we will
need those soon...

26.jpg

27.jpg

You are useless... and you kinda look like Robert Gawliński!

28.jpg

Why no one told me that being a Viking is such a hard job?

29.jpg

But you know what? we have this dragon egg and disenchant scroll... never heard about dragon eggs
restoring eyesight and description of the scroll says it removes enchantment from the ITEM... but wy can try.

30.jpg

31.jpg

PLEASE DROP FOOD MR SPIDER!

32.jpg

I had to do this fight with Aegir (and I botched it a little) and spider didn't drop any food. SHIT!

33.jpg

34.jpg

How in hell could I know that dragon eggs restore eyesight?! well, doesn't matter. Let's check temple for our reward.

35.jpg

36.jpg

WE WILL SWIM IN GOLD!

37.jpg

That's a... dildo.

38.jpg

That's a unreachable dildo!

39.jpg

40.jpg

Ok, disenchantment scroll helped.

41.jpg

Ok, that's for this horn we (kinda) found (but reloaded).

42.jpg

And that's it.

43.jpg

I will grind for food now and in next episode we shall travel to island with big-ass horn and see what happens
after we blow it. Bye!

That dragon's egg thing was p :rage:

Oh well. Progress!

Well, it wasn't that bad. Dragon egg was pretty much our last "unique" item so I think I would sooner or later try to give it to Norn anyway. But hey, I managed to do it early completely by accident. Much worst thing is that - yes, we made some progress - but we need food, lots of it. We have to sail to the other side of the map and then probably go to this strange island in the south. I grinded a little bit yesterday, Aegir died of starvation and I had to resurrect him and after hour of grinding I managed to get enough food to heal Heimdall and that's it. And we need at least one food ration for each crew member.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
More :rage:

Grinding for food :( Game seems to be lacking in stores that sell ample amounts of food.

There was shop with infinite supply of food in Midgard and I was hoping to find another one like this in Utgard, but no such luck. So this is my fault, I was wasting food to heal our crew even when I had healing scrolls. But grinding in Heimdall is not that but, combat is very quick and traps don't respawn after you remove them so it's not that bad.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
It depends on how fast and hectic Heimdall 2 is. From what I've read sequel is much more twitchy than first Heimdall, I don't mind that (it's amiga, twitchy games are to be expected) but I have to first check if it will be even possible to make screenshot LP of it without taking millions of pictures. I considered making Alien Breed: Tower Assault "iron man" challange LP but it would simply take too many screenshot to show what I'm doing. Then I was split between doing Darkmere and Heimdall, Heimdall won because amount of screenshot I have to make to show you exactly what I'm doing is "just right" (In Darkmere I would have to flood you with shitton of pictures showing me smelling random potions and examining every piece of furniture to advance the game).
H2 action sequences are seperated from it's puzzle ones (that can be devious). There is however no separate combat hud.
Combat it's a bit weird because health is hard to get back so you better not get much injured.

It's a cool game (and you can play a tranny). But there are only 2 characters (the tranny - i think she's a goddess, maybe freya, but i'm not sure it's a named Valkyrie - and Heimdall).

edit: wow cool, the GNOME image viewer can show the pc version backgrounds.
BTW, i see no reason to play the Amiga version of these games.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I take it back; i'm replaying H2 on dosbox and the puzzles are really easy so far (2nd world).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom