Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

I played Kotor 3 times and i kinda enjoy it still

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
The title made me sad about being unable to play MCA's KOTOR3 :'(

Explanation: after what MCA released recently, you REALLY want to dig his claws in the next kotor? Sure, better him than bioware, but he did mention he'd like to have Gaider aboard, were he to make the next kotor. Now, think carefully, do you really want MCA and Gaider to make the next kotor? Wasn't ME horrible enough for you? Or POE? Think really carefully about what you wish.

Angthoron

Arcane
I dunno, Gaider plotting out the main story and MCA making the romance plots could be pretty sweet.

Catfish

Learned
Kotor was a cute SW fanfic with the main hero and the assassin droid being the two truly fine additions to the universe. That being said, they totally nailed the feel of the movies with a combination of superficial stylistic elements (soundtrack, sound design, distinctly SW worlds to explore etc), and that makes it worth playing. Also, still miles better than the prequels, which are fucking terrible SW fanfics.

Caleb462

Educated
I've started KOTOR 3 times and never got off Taris because by the time I'm about to escape the planet I'm too bored to keep going. It's an incredibly dull game in the early stages, does it actually get any better? I'm not trying it again regardless, just curious if Taris is par for the course for the game overall.

I do want to give KOTOR2 a go because the story seems intriguing and I like Avellone's writing.

pippin

Do we need space opera rpgs written by MCA? Yes.
Do we need Star Wars RPGs? No.

Seaking4

Learned
I've started KOTOR 3 times and never got off Taris because by the time I'm about to escape the planet I'm too bored to keep going. It's an incredibly dull game in the early stages, does it actually get any better? I'm not trying it again regardless, just curious if Taris is par for the course for the game overall.

I do want to give KOTOR2 a go because the story seems intriguing and I like Avellone's writing.

It gets better and a bit worse. Mostly better.

latexmonkeys

Augur
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Explanation: after what MCA released recently, you REALLY want to dig his claws in the next kotor? Sure, better him than bioware, but he did mention he'd like to have Gaider aboard, were he to make the next kotor. Now, think carefully, do you really want MCA and Gaider to make the next kotor? Wasn't ME horrible enough for you? Or POE? Think really carefully about what you wish.

Yeah, 'cause MCA had so much input on POE. :roll:

(Unless I'm mistaken, thought that was mostly Sawyer's baby.)

pippin

Do we need space opera rpgs written by MCA? Yes.
Do we need Star Wars RPGs? No.

:0/5:

mFWufpT.jpg

Beastro

Arcane
As a munchkin, i played KOTOR two times - black&white, soldier&caster.

It was the key to understand Bioware dialog design and appreciate Fallout a lot more. It is enjoyable though, in 12-year old, innocent way.

Tried the same but gave up on the second, good run once I realized how unsatisfying it would be.

Only way to go about that would be to play the game first as Goodie, then Evil in much the same way that a Malkavian run ruins other replays of Bloodlines.

jagged-jimmy

Prophet
Codex 2012
As a munchkin, i played KOTOR two times - black&white, soldier&caster.

It was the key to understand Bioware dialog design and appreciate Fallout a lot more. It is enjoyable though, in 12-year old, innocent way.

Tried the same but gave up on the second, good run once I realized how unsatisfying it would be.

Only way to go about that would be to play the game first as Goodie, then Evil in much the same way that a Malkavian run ruins other replays of Bloodlines.
Yep, i did a "nice soldier" first, then over the top dark caster second. Was taking the "in your face" dlg lines and still getting the same answers (*bioware* :D)

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
The best part was the Academy.

"Please you must of becoming a student first, study hard, maybe one day become master..."
1. Sounds fair. Even though I've mastered the art of spamming Force Wave long before I got here, I'll become a humble student to fight white privilege.
2. Fuck this shit. I wasn't going to tell you but I'm Revan the Terrible, a motherfucking Sith Lord!

Select 2.

- no shit?
- shit. /demonstrate your Force Choke
- still you must of becoming a student first, study hard, maybe one day become master...
- I can wipe the floor with every motherfucker here and I will the moment this stupid game let me.
- Many sorry you feel this way but you must of becoming a student first...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom