Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

I got dumped, what game should I start playing?

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I recommend Stranglehold if you liked Max Payne. It's a good shooter with lots of no-nonsense straight up action, incredibly destructible environments and hordes of enemies.

Zuluf

Scholar
Trash said:
I did my best to make a list of cool games and you responded by being a pompous ass because I made a mistake in one of the titles. You deserve shit.

So let me get this straight.

On the Codex, the most vulgar, shit-stained, ugly, dystopian and brilliant boards on the Internets, an old user gets his panties all in a twist because he got replied with a slightly ironic nudge (no insults though) after getting asked to skip all the mainstream titles from the past eight years in his suggestions.

That's while all kinds of would-be trolls assume I got dumped because I play video games, and I'm the one playing the pompous ass card?

Alright, so I might not be the friendliest furfag at this point, and I'm sorry if you feel insulted. But if you're going to act the meathead just to piss me off, you're the one who deserves shit.

I do appreciate Geneforge and Avernum, because I haven't played them and everybody and their moms says they're good. Thanks.

[/b]

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Zuluf said:
So let me get this straight.

On the Codex, the most vulgar, shit-stained, ugly, dystopian and brilliant boards on the Internets, an old user gets his panties all in a twist because he got replied with a slightly ironic nudge (no insults though) after getting asked to skip all the mainstream titles from the past eight years in his suggestions.

That's while all kinds of would-be trolls assume I got dumped because I play video games, and I'm the one playing the pompous ass card?

Alright, so I might not be the friendliest furfag at this point, and I'm sorry if you feel insulted. But if you're going to act the meathead just to piss me off, you're the one who deserves shit.

At the codex you don't go in at all or you go in hard. :wink: Anyway, try Beyond good and evil and Psychonauts as well if you haven't. Many seem to have missed those games and they are utterly brilliant.

Zuluf

Scholar
Trash said:
At the codex you don't go in at all or you go in hard. :wink: Anyway, try Beyond good and evil and Psychonauts as well if you haven't. Many seem to have missed those games and they are utterly brilliant.

Haven't missed them.

inb4 "I know why she dumped you."

And I don't want to go all in. As sick as this sounds, you're one of the people I respect on the Codex, you douche.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
And I don't want to go all in. As sick as this sounds, you're one of the people I respect on the Codex, you douche.

Wow, you actually made me feel like an ass there. You douche. Anyway, good luck with getting over her. Though I must say that getting out with friends will help you much more than sitting in front of a monitor. Cheers.

trais

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
If you were a real man the topic would be: "I got dumped, what booze should I start drinking?"

Also: I can see why she left you.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Trash said:

Wow, you actually made me feel like an ass there. You douche. Anyway, good luck with getting over her. Though I must say that getting out with friends will help you much more than sitting in front of a monitor. Cheers.

touch_sparks2.gif

This thread is embarassing and a lot of you should be ashamed of yourselves

Also for Dwarf Fortress, don't miss out on the Adventure mode. It's pretty light and pointless, but great stress relief; make a wrestler, sneak into town at night, work out how to gouge out eyes, and then strip naked and throw your loincloth at the guards when they come after you. Repeat until August.

Sid Meier's Pirates! is pretty good, but you spent a lot of time idle travelling from place to place, so your mileage might very. Try the Thief games too, if you somehow haven't already. X-Com and King's Bounty if you're into strategy.

derill

Novice
Zuluf said:
Books are also welcome.

Try reading "The Darkness that Comes Before ( Prince of Nothing, Book One )" by R. Scott Bakker. Really great read, thus far. Hell, the prologue alone got me hooked.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Barbader said:
Robert Anton Wilson books.

I second this. Stop being a faggot and drowning your sorrows in video games. Start with Cosmic Trigger: Book 1 and go from there.

Dire Roach

Prophet
Shannow said:
Is UT3 any good? I'd buy it but I'm not a FPS expert and I honestly don't know which is better.
I only played UT3's demo and didn't like it. General consensus seems to be that UT99 > UT 2k4 >> UT 2k3 >>> UT3. Last I heard 2k4 had more players online than UT3. So it's cheaper, "better" and has more players...
Zuluf: Definitely avoid the consolized trash that is UT3. It has barely half the content UT2k4 had. If you want to try a recent popular multiplayer FPS, go for something like CoD4, L4D, or even Quake Live.

Sckarecrow92

Educated
Zuluf said:
Books are also welcome.

i no books u mite liek!

n2.jpg

Eyes-of-The-Dragon.jpg

biblealone.jpg

dictionary.jpg

and if you have a gameboy advance, you can try playing this!

the-holy-bible-the-game.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom