Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

I don't see a GIGANTIC difference between FO:3 and FO:NV

donjn

Educated
I understand that a lot of you RPG Codex common folks hate Fallout 3 and very much like Fallout New Vegas.

Playing through them both, on the surface they have the same feel. I do notice a difference that Fallout New Vegas seems to have dialogue that is better and a better story. However, I do not feel that there is this large gap between both games. In other words, the scale is not balanced. These games are not different enough to warrant such a large opinion difference on these forums.

I think the reason is because you guys hate Bethesda so much and like Obsidian because of the Chris Avellone, Interplay, Black Isle connection. In other words, if Bethesda developed Fallout New Vegas and Obsidian did Fallout 3, then you would like Fallout 3 better.

*Gets ready to duck*

Black

Arcane
I don't see ANY difference between you and Drogg.
Coincidence?

dragonfk

Erudite
Owww how cute. Drog found another trolling theme after his "Defend DA Crusade" collapsed.

donjn

Educated
bhlaab said:
your blind and wrong

Specific examples needed.

In fact, I will provide you with some examples on why I feel Fallout 3 is superior. Tranquility Lane. Oasis. The Dunwich Building. Blowing up Megaton. Man, some great moments.

New Vegas does not have any "Tranquility Lane" like moments at all.

donjn

Educated
dragonfk said:
Owww how cute. Drog found another trolling theme after his "Defend DA Crusade" collapsed.

Ummm. I am anti-DA. I told you guys I just tried it the other night and uninstalled it. It sucks.

donjn

Educated
Also, I am sick of saying I am not Drog. So I will continue to be him because that is what you guys call me.

Heck, a great Arcanum modder like that? You bet. Call me Drog all day.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Fallout 3 is a better sandbox game. NV is a better storyfag/c&Cfag game. So it's hardly a surprise codexfags like NV better.

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
The codex mostly called NWN 2 a piece of shit (try asking racofer about the camera) and then when NWN 2 : MoTB was released pleasant surprises acknowledged by again, most.

Both released by Obsidian.

Hold on let me anticipate your next post.

I don't see a GIGANTIC difference between NWN 2 and MoTB.
I understand that a lot of you RPG Codex common folks hate Neverwinter Nights 2 and very much like Mask of the Betrayer.

Playing through them both, on the surface they have the same feel. I do notice a difference that Mask of the Betrayer seems to have dialogue that is better and a better story. However, I do not feel that there is this large gap between both games. In other words, the scale is not balanced. These games are not different enough to warrant such a large opinion difference on these forums.

I think the reason is because you guys hate J. E. Sawyer so much and like Kevin D. Saunders because of the Chris Avellone, Knights of the Old Republic II, Star Wars connection. In other words, if J.E. Sawyer developed Mask of the Betrayer and Kevin D. Saunders did Neverwinter Nights 2, then you would like Neverwinter Nights 2 better.

Wait, J.E. Sawyer wasn't the lead designer for New Vegas as well, was he?

You fucks are hypocrites. Expect twenty more threads from me. As soon as I finish replaying Dragon Age.

*Gets ready to swallow*

:hmmm:

donjn

Educated
I dont think I can say this loud enough.

I HATE DRAGON AGE

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
donjn said:

I HATE DRAGON AGE

Have at least one character with max skill in herbology or whatever it is. That shit is unreasonably priced.

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
:rage:

I think the reason is because you guys hate Bethesda so much and like Obsidian because of the Chris Avellone, Interplay, Black Isle connection. In other words, if Bethesda developed Fallout New Vegas and Obsidian did Fallout 3, then you would like Fallout 3 better.

That's not even a logical statement are you even trying

Actually you are trying very hard. :smug:

I approve of your efforts my good sir :thumbsup:

donjn

Educated
sgc_meltdown said:
donjn said:

I HATE DRAGON AGE

Have at least one character with max skill in herbology or whatever it is. That shit is unreasonably priced.

I don't even know all the skills. I could not make it past the human noble part. In fact, I exited the game after the first fight in the kitchen with your dog.

donjn

Educated
sgc_meltdown said:
donjn said:
In fact, I exited the game after the first fight in the kitchen with your dog.

Try lowering the difficulty.

Nice try, but see my thread on why I quit the game. It was not difficulty related.

DriacKin

Arbiter
Honestly, I'm not sure if the OP is trilling or not. But, either way, he's completely correct.

New Vegas was a terrible piece of crap that didn't improve upon F3 in any way.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Mage is the only remotely playable class in DA, as long as you can get past the awful origin story.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
DriacKin said:
Honestly, I'm not sure if the OP is trilling or not. But, either way, he's completely correct.

New Vegas was a terrible piece of crap that didn't improve upon F3 in any way.

It had more weapon variety and a better story. Though it was also more restrictive and less crowded with hostile locations. IOW, NV is for faggots and F3 is for LARPers.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
New Vegas is worth it if only to see some of the Van Buren content that otherwise would've sat on MCA's hard drive and eventually lost.

It is still an annoying game, though, yes. I'm forcing myself to get through it.

Mastermind said:
Mage is the only remotely playable class in DA, as long as you can get past the awful origin story.

I didn't even try mage because of this comic

Dragon_Age_Fighting_Tutorial_by_JoPereira.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom