Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

I didn't finish the whole game but I'm a review AoD anyway

Unwanted

Bustamonte

Unwanted
Shitposter
When PC gaming was new, games were completely different. So it is here.

I don't mean they were different from today though that is certainly so. What I mean is that they were massively different from each other. You didn't have any big expectations going in, because everything was new and there were no big hits to emulate and no well defined genres yet.

Everything we take for granted today was either missing or done in a way that was unique. Sometimes in a bad way, sometimes good, but you never fired up a game and thought - eh, this is just like that other game. Nice but MOTS. Maybe I will try again later.

I got frustrated with the game a few times, or didn't understand it immediately. Some parts I definitely didn't like such as how it teleports you around a lot. But I realized that in a sense it's just that my expectations are not being met - I am used to certain things working certain ways.

I think the game system could be better, and it would be better with a party, and the complete lack of ability to grind I don't like too much. You should be able to kind of set your own pace to the game's challenges this way.

But I didn't feel like I had been here before. This is something new and different.

I give it a solid B+.

Sounds like faint praise but I mean this on the absolute scale, not the inflated gaming site scale. It's a good solid game, and it's not the same old shit we are used to. Could be better in ways but it is a very solid entry into the RPG genre.

hivemind

r u neckbeard shitlord alt or different person with same avatar and tag ?

Mustawd

Bustamonte , just change your name to Neckbeard Shitlord or Tyrannosaurus rex or whatever. You had some cool posts in the Everest thread, but you've kind of gone full retard ever since. What gives man?

I personally don't mind the shitposting. But you're just gonna get yourself banned again.

Unwanted

Bustamonte

Unwanted
Shitposter
Climbing just so happens to be one of the few non sciency/technical things I know something about. As for the rest, the truth is never very popular.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom