Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

How to make Antidas kill remaining IG's? (merchant)

Johannes

Arcane
P. basic question. I'm a Loremaster turned merchant, did the merchant quests in Teron, I'm also a liegeman of Daratan. Linos gives me the quest to either make the IG's join Antidas, or make Antidas kill the remaining ones. All dialogue options I see, no matter how I arrange my social skills (which are p. high, I've got enough SP to make any of them into 5, 7 charisma), are only about making them team up (also the checks to do that with Mercato are damn hard, but amount to the same thing as the skill-less dialogue alternative - or is there a notable difference?).

With Antidas I succeeded a Persuasion check but he just tells me, there's always an alternative! Go convince Mercato?

So I wonder if there's a way at all to make Antidas kill these last fuckers? Maybe I need to have bodycount or some shit?

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
With Antidas I succeeded a Persuasion check but he just tells me, there's always an alternative! Go convince Mercato?

So I wonder if there's a way at all to make Antidas kill these last fuckers? Maybe I need to have bodycount or some shit?
Iirc, you need 5 etiquette.

Johannes

Arcane
Hmm, maybe I didn't try etiquette. Seems like a shit skill compared to other talkan skills, in my experience, doesn't get tested often - probably mostly in Maadoran courts where I haven't been much. Probably not worth the investment here.

Plan is to go to mine now, anyway, to convert to an Aurelian and get tomb quest. Would've been nice to have these clowns kill each other a bit but not a big deal...

Still wonder about this though, do those checks give any better outcome? Better reputation maybe... Or there is a twist coming later if you just strong-arm Mercato instead of convince him nicely? Or nothing?
(also the checks to do that with Mercato are damn hard, but amount to the same thing as the skill-less dialogue alternative - or is there a notable difference?).

Mozg

Arcane
If you have to resort to threatening Mercato
he'll eventually get some guys to ambush you while you're traveling. But I think it's easier to talk those guys out of killing you than it is to pass the non-threatening checks.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Yup, a fairly low (in comparison to previous ones) Streetwise check gets you out of trouble if you intimidate Mercato.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I passed it with 4 iirc. But I had 10 Int 10 Cha, it was probably a combined check of some sort, don't remember for sure.

Yeah, nevermind. I raised my stats to check, but seems like I was drunk and raised Impersonate instead of etiquette. Raising etq works ok.

Sadly, it doesn't change the colors over the mining outpost. I was hoping that killing IG would weaken Antidas, thus allowing House Aurelian to keep the outpost. Would've been pretty cool.

BUT if your standing with House Daratan is decent, they will allow you into the smelter no probs. You can even fix it and they will reward you normally.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom