Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

How Open World games are “evolving” into proper Action RPGs

In the grim darkness of 2018 there is only RPG game.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Should we evolve from "what is a RPG?" to "what isn't a RPG?"
How is going from "defining RPGs" to "not even defining RPGs" a form of evolution?
Well, on this very site, Witcher 3 was nominated the best RPG of the year, at this point, anything that has dialog trees, multiple endings and a shitty progression system is a RPG, by this criteria, even Assassin Creed Odyssey can be classified as a RPG. Maybe we should start judging what isn't a RPG at this point.:lol:

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Honestly I see no reason to not have fishing RPGs.

That said, why are most fishing games set in our world/mimic it closely? Where's my sci-fi fishing sim, or fantasy fishing sim. I don't know why I think about these things, but I do.

Master

Arbiter
How is all this an improvement of these games. Now you even have to "unlock" their shitty gameplay in some screen.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom