Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

How many mods does it take to make Skyrim not suck? 300.

Plisken

Learned

Looks great I guess, if you could be bothered spending however many hours it takes to install.

flabbyjack

Arcane
Too be honest, I expected this to be a list of 300 mods compatible with Skyrim that someone optimized for 'teh best' user experience. This mod has a lot of good additions, but there are also hundreds of cool mods out there. Are they compatible with Skyrim Ultimate? Probably not.

Looks cool. Mods made with love and care over a ten year period have a special place in my heart. That's one of the reasons we like the Bethsoft games, because they distribute dev tools to the community which can then use them to make new games.

Phisto

Literate
>Looks great I guess, if you could be bothered spending however many hours it takes to install.

This is something that's always weirded me out. It's piss easy to pirate the game, lots of people make annoyingly-overcompressed repacks of the game which might also include mods no one ever asked for or frequently updated ones but no one has ever packed one of those "compilations" because of Nexus rules. I'm not going to reinstall the game again to try it out because I'm 100% sure a few of those will give me trouble and I'll have to do that annoying "try them out a dozen at a time" situation.

What I'm saying is, I'm lazy, pls spoonfeed.

Max Damage

Savant
I don't think you can make Skyrim good, no matter how many mods you install, but kudos to them for all that work.
Loverslab Ultimate when?

Falksi

Arcane
Let's make a boring game less chore-like..........by asking you to spend hours & hours boringly installing mods & trying to get them to work in a chore-like manor.

If Bethesda had any decency they'd package this into a game, and distribute it for free to all those who already bought Skyrim, as an apology for it.

Plisken

Learned
>Looks great I guess, if you could be bothered spending however many hours it takes to install.

This is something that's always weirded me out. It's piss easy to pirate the game, lots of people make annoyingly-overcompressed repacks of the game which might also include mods no one ever asked for or frequently updated ones but no one has ever packed one of those "compilations" because of Nexus rules. I'm not going to reinstall the game again to try it out because I'm 100% sure a few of those will give me trouble and I'll have to do that annoying "try them out a dozen at a time" situation.

What I'm saying is, I'm lazy, pls spoonfeed.

honestly the site for this has an installation guide that is almost fuck up proof from the looks of it, including hand holding. And the way its setup, its done specifically for this setup including his own compatibility patches.

I, like you, however, am not keen on the prospect of gigabytes of mods and tedious installation only to launch and find out theres some fucking problem that you then have to track down.

Mark.L.Joy

Prophet
kcUTacF.jpg

mwnn85

Savant
So it's SKYRIM but it's completely redesigned so it's not SKYRIM.
:fuuyeah:

What amazes me is how - by expending the least amount of effort - Bethesda have managed to build up such a large & fanatical modding community by producing such a mediocre series of games.
The modders are even willing to finish / fix the game for free!

I'm sure there's a lesson to be had there.

Plisken

Learned
So it's SKYRIM but it's completely redesigned so it's not SKYRIM.
:fuuyeah:

What amazes me is how - by expending the least amount of effort - Bethesda have managed to build up such a large & fanatical modding community by producing such a mediocre series of games.
The modders are even willing to finish / fix the game for free!

I'm sure there's a lesson to be had there.

I feel the same way about bohemia interactive and the operation flashpoint/ArmA series.

However, BI has the excuse that until just a few years ago, they were a rather impoverished czech studio.

Shackleton

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I thought this was going to be an overhaul mod with it's own installer, not just links to hundreds of separate mods. I think anyone who wastes their life putting all this together must have some sort of mental condition, undiagnosed or otherwise.

I wonder if people who are this obsessed with Skyrim are suffering from some sort of Stockholm syndrome? They've wasted so much of their time on it, they can't face the reality that actually, it's just pretty shit.

mwnn85

Savant
I feel the same way about bohemia interactive and the operation flashpoint/ArmA series.
However, BI has the excuse that until just a few years ago, they were a rather impoverished czech studio.

They really need to remember how to make an engaging campaign and stop releasing shoddy, half-made products as finished.
I think Codemasters must've kept them on a tighter leash.

Operation Flashpoint
is an absolute classic - especially Resistance.
Armed Assault is a bit shoddy overall - think they had numerous financial problems when making it. I was disappointed when this came out. Not worthy of being called a sequel really.
Armed Assault 2 isn't perfect either. Operation Arrowhead was better. British Armed Forces is decent. Cold War Rearmed 2. Avoided it on release.
Armed Assault 3 is more a technical upgrade. They've gone a bit bonkers with the DLC admittedly. I don't really like the rolling release model. Avoided it on release.

Got the 15 year anniversary deal after they'd done several years of patching:
https://www.bistudio.com/blog/bohemia-interactive-celebrates-15-years-of-arma
So I don't consider myself too hard done by.

Last edited:

KazikluBey

Cipher
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015

I don't really see Bethesda and Arma modding as similar. Aside from the realism mod ACE3 that appears to be used in all non-public multiplayer, almost all mods are of the more terrains/weapons/uniforms/vehicles variety which certainly have helped the game's longevity, but that hardly has to do with making the game worth playing.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
The game doesn't suck,just it isn't made for connoisseur of divine rpgs! The unwashed masses need their own entertainment. After all we don't want the plebeians to rise their pitchforks in acts of revolt!

Iznaliu

Arbiter
I wonder if people who are this obsessed with Skyrim are suffering from some sort of Stockholm syndrome? They've wasted so much of their time on it, they can't face the reality that actually, it's just pretty shit.

Maybe they can't distinguish incline from decline.

madbringer

Arcane

Sure, or maybe they recognize the flaws in the base game and seek to amend them for other people and their own improvement? Fixing flaws in a product while honing your commercially viable skills, what a terrible way to spend your free time. Surely less worthy than bitching about other people's productivity on a forum.

Dakka

Savant
I tried to set this up, probably because I hate myself.

And no, it didn't work. I wasted several hours of my life on this shit.

:despair:

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
Why bother with this when it's pretty much about making the game prettier? I took the trouble of reading through the mod list, and I found that it is cluttered with unnecessary graphic mods, unnecessary "MORE CONTENT" mods, SHIT mods ("Immersive" Armors) and so on. Then people wonder why it doesn't work properly.

Look at my New Vegas mod list. It isn't perfect and I don't support it anymore (since I was basically spoonfeeding users on order of installation, patches, and so on instead of simply recommending mods), but at least I try to keep the unnecessary shit away (my list is half the size of that Skyrim list, and I'm guessing it's much lighter than one of the halves of that mod list), and the game worked flawlessly on my system. Only thing missing was an ENB setup since my computer sucks.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom