Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

How did Age of Decadence turn out?

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
That's absurd. It's leagues ahead of NWN2. Frankly 3D cameras usually get way worse than that.
Leagues ahead my ass.
NWN2 camera can be of little issue after some proper configuring. Can't say the same about AoD. I don't remember seeing any camera-related settings at all.
Nothing is as bad as the NWN2 camera. Nothing.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
My dream of pulling off the ultimate moustache-twirling villain was crushed most brutally today. I cannot use the magic brofist AND get the lovely ending from the Abyss as the Chosen One, since I fall short by ONE measly character point. :argh:

The well check (7 dex and 7 con) combined with the Abyss checks (7 per and 7 int) can be passed by a Loremaster with 8 charisma, but not by one with 9, which is the requirement for the Chosen One reputation. Now granted, it is a real Garrett/Indy stunt to dive into an old tunnel like that. Such tomfoolery may not be suitable for a slick and slimey con-artist riding high on the fundie craze. If the game offered another source of tubes for talkative and big-yehzah characters, it really would not matter.

Unfortunately, it does not! The Abyss exploration and magic brofist activation are mutually exclusive events for 9 charisma dudes, simply because there aren't enough tubes available. I see no good reason for this. Slick sweet-talkers should have an easier time than most to get their grubby hands on relics of the past, and surely there must be more than two tubes in all of Maadoran?

I say, fun should be allowed! Please add a few more tubes for social characters, available only through high charisma and skills like streetwise, persuasion and trade. That way brutes and Kangaroo-Jacks won't get obscene amounts of tubes, whereas Herveanus Caenus will at least get what other Loremasters have access to, while also being able to twirl his villainous moustache in style.

Last edited:

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
My dream of pulling off the ultimate moustache-twirling villain was crushed most brutally today. I cannot use the magic brofist AND get the lovely ending from the Abyss as the Chosen One, since I fall short by ONE measly character point. :argh:

The well check (7 dex and 7 con) combined with the Abyss checks (7 per and 7 int) can be passed by a Loremaster with 8 charisma, but not by one with 9, which is the requirement for the Chosen One reputation. Now granted, it is a real Garrett/Indy stunt to dive into an old tunnel like that. Such tomfoolery may not be suitable for a slick and slimey con-artist riding high on the fundie craze. If the game offered another source of tubes for talkative and big-yehzah characters, it really would not matter.

Unfortunately, it does not! The Abyss exploration and magic brofist activation are mutually exclusive events for 9 charisma dudes, simply because there aren't enough tubes available. I see no good reason for this. Slick sweet-talkers should have an easier time than most to get their grubby hands on relics of the past, and surely there must be more than two tubes in all of Maadoran?

I say, fun should be allowed! Please add a few more tubes for social characters, available only through high charisma and skills like streetwise, persuasion and trade. That way brutes and Kangaroo-Jacks won't get obscene amounts of tubes, whereas Herveanus Caenus will at least get what other Loremasters have access to, while also being able to twirl his villainous moustache in style.

We will add more tubes :salute:

dab

Augur
Project: Eternity

If you choose Imperial Guards route then you can have get two additioonal tubes
at Harran Pass just walk there and one guy will say "Pssst" or something like that and you will be able to buy 2 more tubes from him

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Aye, he used to, but in the latest version Ramirez sells only the magic brofist, no extra tubes like before.

The tubes in current version are:

1 in Outpost (only available to combat characters or those with low lore)
2 in Well (requires 7 dex, 7 con and 6 lockpick)
1 at Curio Trader (1000 gold, or 800 if trade is high enough)
1 from "Lord's Justice!" dude (quest requires fightan, being Aurelian Praetor or having streetwise/disguise, 5/4 is enough)

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I though the outpost one was a bug; they were going to change it so that you still have the option to keep the tube despite having high lore and being able to activate the machines.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
BTW VD, there is a typo there.
think coming -> thing coming (I think)
http://grammarist.com/usage/another-think-coming

Another think coming is the original form of the colloquial phrase aimed at someone who has a mistaken view. It comes from the old comical expression, If that’s what you think, you’ve got another think coming.

Because think in the second part of the expression is (intentionally) ungrammatical, some people hear another thing coming and repeat it as such. Plus, another thing coming usually makes literal sense, so it’s now more common than another think coming.

SniperHF

Arcane
That's one of my favorite slides. Especially considering that it's a really tough fight you lose even if you win. Unless you wargame it out and don't talk to Domitus till later but that's lame.

zwanzig_zwoelf

zwanzig_zwoelf re-roll your reading comprehasion skill.
Re-read my previous post about Early Access. I assumed that it will (probably) come out this year, based on what I remember from their progress reports.
Though I doubt that you will understand whatever I wrote (based on your tag and your latest posts).

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Aye, he used to, but in the latest version Ramirez sells only the magic brofist, no extra tubes like before.

The tubes in current version are:

1 in Outpost (only available to combat characters or those with low lore)
2 in Well (requires 7 dex, 7 con and 6 lockpick)
1 at Curio Trader (1000 gold, or 800 if trade is high enough)
1 from "Lord's Justice!" dude (quest requires fightan, being Aurelian Praetor or having streetwise/disguise, 5/4 is enough)

I'm pretty sure I got to the safe in the well with an 8 dex, 5 con character last play through. At any rate, the 7 dex 7 con thing isn't right. The lock pick check is very high, though, even if you do get down there.

Black

Arcane
The only good "romance" I can see working in AoD is a one night stand resulting in you getting smothered in your sleep. By Miltiades.

hivemind

Video game romances are so silly if you try to do them in a super serious fashion.
The only game in which I have enjoyed the romance sub plots was Hunie Pop.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom