Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

How did Age of Decadence turn out?

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Oh, it's a thieves guild quest in terron, right? I've done that a number of times, never found it too difficult. I relied on my teammates soaking up some wounds. I think you get four friends, right? The harder part is passing the skill checks later, and surviving the subsequent fights if you can't.

Helton

Arcane
Buy or obtain a couple canisters of liquid fire, place them strategically, and that fight is easy peasy even for non-combat chars.

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Buy or obtain a couple canisters of liquid fire, place them strategically, and that fight is easy peasy even for non-combat chars.

Yup, good use of fire will mean that your friends get a lot more shots off, while the enemy is stuck getting burnt and then walking around the flames to get into melee combat.

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
There are things in Age of Decadence that I find frustrating and that take getting used to - you have to play by its sometimes very harsh rules - but it has more creativity and passion behind it than any other RPG in the last 5 years. It's one of those games that pushes the boundaries of what RPGs can do, sometimes swinging and missing, instead of sitting comfortably within established conventions, and that's what makes it far more important than any of the big Kickstarter games.

Severian Silk

Oh, the last time I treid was the first combat demo. Don't think there were fire canisters back then.

Greatness

Cipher
Even the beta for AoD is IMO a better game than any of the "incline" titles that've been released so far.

Really the only problem I had with it was that it promotes "skill-pooling" metagaming. Still, I'm already convinced that this game will be a classic, hopefully ITS doesn't get corrupted by all the $$$ they're going to be rolling in.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
I wouldn't worry about it. First, we're trailing far behind most early access games, so swimming in money isn't our destiny. Second, making turn-based, text-heavy role-playing games is all I care about. If I can do it for a living that would be a dream come true.

Iluvcheezcake

Prophet
Have to say that i was really suprised by the game - really enjoyed the demo and am looking forward to the full release. Is 11/2014 still viable release date?

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Vince went in with no 'other plan' in case Steam faglight failed its "curation".

Vince D. Weller said:
Afraid I'm stepping on a limb, but I'm on the edge and that's where it happens.

IOW, great game, if a little crashy-cause-of-leaky. Moar.

jagged-jimmy

Prophet
Codex 2012
Kind of hard staying excited about a game for so damn looooong. But back in the day AoD was, for me, the only chance to play an RPG i wanted to play. Now, with all the Incline going on, the times are not that bad anymore.

Still, would buy Day 1.

I'm from the future and I can tell you one thing.

It will come out.

Fw3mPu.jpg

Norfleet

HOW did it turn out? I have a better question: DID it turn out? I haven't heard hair nor hide out of this in ages. Did the Codex's favorite vaporware never materialize?

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
It's early access or some shit. I don't pay attention to betas/early access stuff. Allegedly it'll be finished "thursday", once the bugs are fixed. (Kinda like Grimoire, except some people actually played the early access.)

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Is it out? No? Then I'm not interested in reading any updates or playing it. Way to spoil the experience.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
I didn't read the thread, just saw the last post. Don't make assumptions.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
I've been playing this game ever since the Teron demo came out and finished it at least a dozen times already without getting bored. This game has superb replay value, way better than Divinity: Original Sin for example (though I haven't played DOS in cooperative mode, waiting on my friend to buy it). Once it's released on GOG I intend to buy a second copy of it (the first one I have is via BMT Micro payment + Steam), something I've never done with any game.

Deleted member 7219

Is it out? No? Then I'm not interested in reading any updates or playing it. Way to spoil the experience.

I can understand not want to play the Early Access. I played the first build that was publicly released and now I wish I hadn't. But the written updates are good. The team are listening to feedback and responding accordingly. And a lot of what they are doing is adding more reactivity to the game and fleshing out existing areas. I think its great to hear about this stuff.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Oh, no question. Just let us all know when it's truly truly finally done!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom