Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

How could i make a basic text based Horse Racing game??

Thunderello

Novice
Hi, i know not many ppl are in to horse racing but i love it, and imagine this. you guys i love D+D type games, imagine if there was none of them eh!
Ok heres what i want to incorporate.
about 300 horses each with there own statistics like speed, stamina, ability, enthusiasm ect.
then racing them ect...

would there be a huge amount of work in this if it was text based?

GreenNight

Liturgist
Thunderello said:
would there be a huge amount of work in this if it was text based?
No.

Yeah, I could explain myself, but I still hurt 'cos the gim on monday and this message is in an incorrect forum to ask these things. :twisted:

Section8

Cipher
There probably wouldn't be a great deal of work. The programming would be fairly trivial, the difficult part would be designing algorithms to decide race outcomes.

Also. if you haven't already played it, try to get your hands on Hooves of Thunder. It's the best horse racing game I've played.

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Someone suggest putting a horse track at the Citadel so Saint doesn't have to move it :P

ReKoT

Novice
A bit to the left and around the corner >
I would love it if an RPG would come out with animals you can ride..
Desperado's had the right idea (wasnt much of a game though).
To be able to buy an animal, buy armor for your animal, have it level as you level and so forth would be great fun..

many game developers have tried this, none have got it right, just waiting until someone does :wink:

thathmew

Zero Sum Software
Developer
There are no beasts of burden in the Valley. If there were any they would probably be used primarily in the mines of Jerrock, much discussed, but we decided we couldn't tackle all the issues involved and that it made sense in the game world for there to not be any.

As for a horse racing game...it's kind of a neat idea. It would be really easily to create a few stats for horses, model them, etc... Text based it should not be too hard, it's mostly just data modelling and tracking...

-m

Isolatedfinds

Novice
post the source if anyone creates it :P

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom