Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number

Wulfstand

Prophet
They really did rise the difficulty curve quite a lot, I honestly don't remember having to retry some of the levels from HM1 this often. It's nerve wrecking to have to repeat a level literally hundreds of times until you do it thanks almost solely to muscle memory, and then of course there are the few instances in which the AI patterns slightly shift, just to fuck you up a bit more.

Ivan

Arcane
Just replayed Hotline Miami and holy shit I finished it like in an hour and a half. The only difficult part was with the Biker since he can't pick up guns.

Anyway, did they fix the inverted look on Hard?

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Just replayed Hotline Miami and holy shit I finished it like in an hour and a half. The only difficult part was with the Biker since he can't pick up guns.

Anyway, did they fix the inverted look on Hard?

I didn't notice any inverted look today, but the rooms are still flipped if that's what you mean

Ivan

Arcane
No. Before today's patch when you tried to use the look function it would zoom in the opposite direction. Apparently it was a bug that's been fixed. Nice.

When I think I'm "done" with the soundtrack I find another one that's just awesome.

skacky

3D Realms
Developer
Level is First Blood. :smug:

B_2iKjaWwAAirW4.jpg:large

The only thing that REALLY REALLY annoys the shit out of me is the execution animation on the dogs when you wear Tony or use The Son's second technique. In HM1, you could kill dogs with just the fists with Tony. You still can in HM2, however there is a huge chance the character will grab the dog and execute him, losing 1 second and a half and allowing neaby aggro'd enemies to kill you. This isn't even prompted with SPACE, the char does it automatically, which is all the more annoying. Literally 80% of my deaths with Tony and The Son are related to this. Funnily enough, Dallas doesn't have that animation at all.

Gulnar

Scholar
What the hell are the abyss // bigger picture achievements about?

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
What the hell are the abyss // bigger picture achievements about?

I haven't earned them yet, but from what i've read

Abyss = unlock (and complete?) the secret level The Abyss
Bigger Picture = read all of the newspaper articles strewn around the levels

Steve

Augur
This game is so fucking tedious...

I agree with you, the game feels more tedious than being actually difficult. There are way too many gunmen that shoot you off-screen, this forces you to constantly to stop to shift-look around and snipe them far away with a gun. If you don't have a gun then you have to corner pull them like in some MMO dungeon with too many trashmobs. The entire flow of the game gets ruined by this. The fact that you're most of the time playing with some asshole without any special abilities doesn't help either.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
Is there actually a difference if you
Don't get killed
as the "American supremacist" -guy (jake)?
He winds up getting killed by a Janitor after asking one too many questions instead.

He's actually the corpse you can see in chapter 10 of the first game.

Astral Rag

Arcane
I am enjoying the game but holy jebus some of those Hawaii levels are fucking atrocious. I hope the game redeems itself after act 4 because I don't think I can stomach more of this :popamole:

So far the Hawaii chapters take place on large, open jungle maps that are filled to the brim with gun-wielding enemies but your character can't pick up guns from fallen enemies and he can only replenish ammo for his chosen weapon at certain spots on the map (not available on all Hawaii maps). In these chapters you will also encounter some enemies that are immune to melee weapons.

Last edited:

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
I am enjoying the game but holy jebus some of those Hawaii levels are fucking atrocious. I hope the game redeems itself after act 4 because I don't think I can stomach more of this :popamole:

Hawaii chapters take place on large, open jungle maps that are filled to the brim with gun-wielding enemies but your character can't pick up guns from fallen enemies and can only replenish ammo for his chosen weapon at certain spots on the map (not available on all Hawaii maps). You encounter enemies that you can only kill with guns (AFAIK).

Pro-tip: only take the shotgun. Four shells from an ammo pickup is infinitely more useful than just half-a-second worth of machine-gun ammo, and a direct hit'll put a fat bastard down every time.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
1TVWQNP.png

Levels are too fucking big and open. You can't get reckless or you will get sniped . NO FUN ALLOWED!

I like the idea of pig butcher though. Someone shoul finally make a game about a slasher villain.

Last edited:

skacky

3D Realms
Developer
The sniper rifle is pretty good too for surgical shots. Though yeah I have to agree, Beard's levels are by far the weakest.

Melan

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! I helped put crap in Monomyth
Fuck the prison level. A sequence of impossibly difficult sections one after the other, with an unpleasant mixture of gimmick enemies. Frustratingly hard levels are Hotline Miami's thing, but these really stretch it into the territory where it turns boring. Eh.

LizardKing

Scholar
Just finished HM2 and I found it enjoyable, eventhough some of the levels were pretty fucking annoying.
Soundtrack and presentation kicked some major ass and I liked how the plot was structured.
I have to say that I prefer HM1 over HM2, smaller levels were much more fun.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Eh... to an extent. I still enjoy it (I'm basing this off of the first since I doubt the sequel is different). It's fun for what it is and there aren't many a action/arcadey games like it on the market. But, yes, I still don't get why some people rave about it.

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Eh... to an extent. I still enjoy it (I'm basing this off of the first since I doubt the sequel is different). It's fun for what it is and there aren't many a action/arcadey games like it on the market. But, yes, I still don't get why some people rave about it.
I really liked the first. The level design and enemy placement are significantly worse now. The developers did absolutely nothing to fix the original's AI issues, and they added new features that break even more. Want to play as a chainsaw- and gun-toting duo? Well have fun with that when the AI-controlled partner does nothing but get stuck in corners.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom