Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
Disregard anything I said about the events of Deathwish, got really confused there. Still leaves the question, why are the bodies of Mark and Corey in Tonys room? Did he bring them there? Really doesnt make sense to me.
Corey's fight with The Son Occurs in an elevator. If you look at her corpse later it's got a stomach wound, which isn't necessarily immediately fatal. Mark's corpse has its head bashed in (when The Son beat 'him' by hitting him with a golf club), which means he was probably dead as a doornail when they found him in the lobby near the elevator. Tony probably ran after he lost his fight with The Son (though it never seems to be effective in a fight, he does appear to wear some form of body armor on his chest, maybe he just got lucky) found Corey dying in the elevator, went down and picked up Mark's body (probably at Corey's insistence), and then got cornered in the elevator by the police, during which Corey finally expired from her gunshot wound.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
One question I have is

Why people are posting stuff in spoilers for a six hour arcade game? You'd think this were some 2deep4u Telltale 'adventure' game plot.

Wulfstand

Prophet
One question I have is

Why people are posting stuff in spoilers for a six hour arcade game? You'd think this were some 2deep4u Telltale 'adventure' game plot.

Funny you should say that, since I think the series' plot is much better than anything Ttg has spewed over the last few years. (Sam & Max excluded)

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
One question I have is

One question I have is

Why do you keep posting in a thread for a game you aren't going to play for another 2 years, presuming you ever play it at all?

Last edited:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
One question I have is

One question I have is

Why do you keep posting in a thread for a game you aren't going to play for another 2 years, presuming you ever play it at all?

Because you respond.

Also, I was playing Berserk and got to level 85...

...the robots turn blue and shoot faster than they do on level 84!

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
everyone dies in a nuclear explosion at the end. presumably, some of the excessive, boring dialogue that I skipped sets this up.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Tsar Sexbad and his band of euro-whiners continue to get mercilessly blown out over and over as more people full-combo entire levels thanks to the way this game rewards actually developing a high skill level.

http://i.4cdn.org/v/1426627890966.webm

God bless America!

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Tsar Sexbad and his band of euro-whiners continue to get mercilessly blown out over and over as more people full-combo entire levels thanks to the way this game rewards actually developing a high skill level.

http://i.4cdn.org/v/1426627890966.webm

God bless America!
...Are you calling me European, or just affiliated with Europeans?

Anyway, if you put half as much effort into understanding me or my arguments as you do into marinading this shitty game's shitty penis, you might realize that I don't give a damn about that video. I don't care that sperg lords are better at it than someone like me who plays through it twice at most, or that every level can be completed with an S rating. I care about actual game design, and the design in this is garbage. Apart from the prison level and some less distinct ones earlier on, the level design is overly large and mostly uninspired, and it suppresses all the things that made the original game fun to play despite the high difficulty. It also puts in focus all the flaws that they didn't bother to change, like the pathetic attempt at enemy AI (and the newly introduced friendly AI that just gets stuck in corners), or doors that can swing wildly and knock everyone out. I also noticed new problems, like enemies spinning in circles or flickering rapidly and becoming unkillable when they get stuck in corners or doorways. Not to mention the field of view/zoom level, which is bizarrely low considering the increased size of the levels.

I bought this because I enjoyed the original and wanted to enjoy the sequel, but I didn't enjoy the sequel. Now why, after playing through it once and finding fault with so many things, should I give it the time of day now? Why bother trying to master the levels when I don't like the fucking game???

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
How to git gud on Dead Ahead:

I like how most of the video is the score count. Which breaks the counter. :lol:

Is it normal that in HM2 you have A LOT more time to chain combos? It's significantly less in HM1, even when using the toad mask...

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Anyway, if you put half as much effort into understanding me or my arguments as you do into marinading this shitty game's shitty penis, you might realize that I don't give a damn about that video. I don't care that sperg lords are better at it than someone like me who plays through it twice at most, or that every level can be completed with an S rating. I care about actual game design, and the design in this is garbage. Apart from the prison level and some less distinct ones earlier on, the level design is overly large and mostly uninspired, and it suppresses all the things that made the original game fun to play despite the high difficulty. It also puts in focus all the flaws that they didn't bother to change, like the pathetic attempt at enemy AI (and the newly introduced friendly AI that just gets stuck in corners), or doors that can swing wildly and knock everyone out. I also noticed new problems, like enemies spinning in circles or flickering rapidly and becoming unkillable when they get stuck in corners or doorways. Not to mention the field of view/zoom level, which is bizarrely low considering the increased size of the levels.

I bought this because I enjoyed the original and wanted to enjoy the sequel, but I didn't enjoy the sequel. Now why, after playing through it once and finding fault with so many things, should I give it the time of day now? Why bother trying to master the levels when I don't like the fucking game???

Textboot euro stating their (incorrect) opinions as fact.

have you considered

A. Gittin gud
or
B. Getting a grip?

http://a.pomf.se/hplsra.webm

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
How to git gud on Dead Ahead:

I like how most of the video is the score count. Which breaks the counter. :lol:

Is it normal that in HM2 you have A LOT more time to chain combos? It's significantly less in HM1, even when using the toad mask...

Yeah, you have a bit more time (like a couple seconds) to compensate for the larger levels.

skacky

3D Realms
Developer
Despite terrible RNG (lots of magnums when I wanted shotties, especially in the second area) I have S'd Release and even obtained Genocide during the run (though not in the vid since I promptly died afterwards). Only Homicide and Caught remaining on Normal.

SwiftCrack

Arcane
Just completed the game. Phew.

I like both HM1 and HM2 equally as much (HM2 definitely gets bonus points for more characters and fleshing out+completing the story), but HM1 definitely gave me a bigger 'WOW' impression.

All of Beard's levels suck shit though.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
Only highlight of Beard's levels was the song 'The Way Home', which plays in Causalities, which I thought was otherwise was the worst level in the game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom