Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
completed 7 levels so far.

so far... it's significantly better than HLM1. Holy fucking shit i can't believe this game actually exists

Astral Rag

Arcane
Cannot fucking believe how good the game's soundtrack is, it's even better than the first one's ost by and large.
Yeah it's great and there is a lot more music than in HM1:

01. Green Kingdom - Untitled
02. Sean Evans - Detection
03. Light Club - Blizzard
04. Jasper Byrne - Voyager
05. Light Club - She Meditates
06. MOON - Dust
07. Endless - Disturbance
08. Perturbator - Technoir
09. Old Future Fox Gang - Guided Meditation
10. Riddarna - Simma Hem
11. Magna - Divide
12. Mitch Murder - Hollywood Heights
13. Life Companions - Richard
14. Sjellos - Chamber of Reflection
15. Jasper Byrne - Decade Dance
16. Chromacle - Interlude
17. Vestron Vulture - New Wave Hookers
18. Modulogeek - Around
19. Magic Sword - In the Face of Evil
20. Dag Unenge - Untitled
21. Scattle - Remorse
22. Mitch Murder - Frantic Aerobics
23. Perturbator - Sexualizer
24. Old Future Fox Gang - Java
25. El Huervo - Rust
26. MOON - Delay
27. Life Companions - We're Sorry
28. Scattle - Bloodline
29. Carpenter Brut - Roller Mobster
30. Endless - Keep Calm
31. iamthekidyouknowwhatimean - Run
32. El Huervo - Ghost
33. Benny Smiles - Hotline Theme
34. MOON - Quixotic
35. Magic Sword - The Way Home
36. Dubmood - Richard
37. Megadrive - NARC
38. Cinimod - The Rumble
39. Carpenter Brut - Le Perv
40. Auto Delta Time - Ms Minnie
41. El Tigr3 - She Swallowed Burning Coal
42. Megadrive - Acid Spit
43. Megadrive - Slum Lord
44. Perturbator - Future Club
45. Light Club - Fahkeet
46. LipPi Sound - Abyss
47. LipPi Sound - Abyss Intro
48. Nounverber - Black Tar
49. Carpenter Brut - Escape from Midwitch Valley

Melan

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! I helped put crap in Monomyth
So far so good. The story is very disjointed, but shows some signs of slowly coming together; the music is excellent, and the gameplay is as good as ever, except this part seems to like wide open spaces more than the first one. The tiger is still super-powerful, though. :)

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Alex&Ash are awesome! Also them jungle heat missions, any one found more ammo on those? I just "Green Baret"ed my way most of the time. New fatalities are awesome too, especially for mini bosses, became Sub-Zero on my first poor fella. It is good to see that how much they upgraded this one over the first game.
Can't decide which part of the game is addictive, the game play or the soundtrack?

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
There are people on planet earth right now as we speak who are willingly not playing hotline miami 2 right now as we speak :what:

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
There are people on planet earth right now as we speak who are willingly not playing hotline miami 2 right now as we speak :what:

Yeah. Like me.

Not because I'm boycotting the game or anything, but because the first one didn't really interest me.

I WILL take a look at the soundtrack, though.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Bear in mind I'm old enough to have played similar games on the NES when you were a glint in your daddy's eye. I should know because... I'm your daddy.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I liked the first one well enough, but I'm busy with BG, and after that I'll be busy with other things, so it'll be awhile before Roguey impressions can happen (I will probably like it).

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Bear in mind I'm old enough to have played similar games on the NES when you were a glint in your daddy's eye. I should know because... I'm your daddy.

implying that I'll believe that you of all people actually bought a game near its launch and actually have played it to get to the actual challenging levels.

btw, name me a single NES game with music and gameplay nearly as great as this and I'll gladly play it immediately after finishing this

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
You use the world actually too much. N-e-ways, game is overrated. I have no idea why people spooge over it so much.

Last edited:

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
You use the world actually too much. N-e-ways, game is overrated. I have no idea why people spooge over it so much.

Actually implying that I should actually use the word actually less actual often.

That is a good list of "similar games on the NES" very compelling.

Fuck. I'm traveling around the country for the next two weeks, and will only have my shitty laptop, but was looking forward to being able to play this. Then I realized my laptop is only running fucking XP and HL2 doesn't support XP!
:rage:

Oh well. Guess I'll just have to build up anticipation by replaying part 1.

Game's fucking awesome, soundtrack is indeed even better than the first. I'll be pumping this shit for weeks on my phone.

I'm playing with a gamepad this time around, tiger still fucks shit up - I actually think shooting is the weakest part of the game, so that's fine. I'm only 8 levels in so far, but it seems harder than 1.

SumDrunkGuy

I think we might be witnessing the second coming of Christ in the form of this game's soundtrack.

^ I'm gonna have a bullet proof condom prepared for when this track starts playing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Ok men. I have hurt everybody there was to hurt. I'll just say the game ends with a bang :cool:

Just putting it out there now - this is going to be an incredibly divisive game. A quick gander at any forum discussing the title will reveal this. It is, by and large, immensely more difficult than HLM1 - particularly around mission 10 things start to ramp up and continue to get even more difficult as it progresses. It's still very beatable though - I managed to finish the game at around 8 hours despite dying a shitton. PCgamer, on the other hand, got so fucking butthurt that they couldn't handle the game, that they gave it a 57/100 for their review lol.

I do admit that some of the larger later levels can end up becoming somewhat aggravating, but completing them is extremely rewarding. There's also a... hard mode after you beat the game. My respect goes out to anyone who can tackle that. Overall, I think I enjoyed this title more than HLM1 - though they have different strengths. 1 features tighter compact levels with more upbeat music, whereas two has sprawling areas crammed full of enemies with brooding, darker beats. Overall I like 2's story a lot more. There's less 4th wall breaking to kind of lecture you but not really? and a greater focus on just a strange, trippy tale about a cast of latent bloodthirsty maniacs.

As for everyone going on about the soundtrack... is it seriously 2015 and people don't listen to Pertubator and Megadrive regularly? lol. I have to admit I got a huge kick out of recognizing a ton of the songs.

Curious for more codex opinions. I have a feeling the few people in this thread railing against the game (plebtro for example) either will never play it, or never finish it. A real shame - it's a very interesting title, and a fantastic way to waste my March 10th!

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
I actually think shooting is the weakest part of the game

Knives are so easy mode compared to guns, you can just blaze through maps and kill everything for A+ rating.

For the first few levels, sure. Later on there are far too many ranged enemies in wide open areas (even indoors, lots of windows will be present) - plus the big guys who can't be hurt by melee will show up more regularly .

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom