Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Horizon Zero Dawn - open world action-RPG from Guerilla Games - now on PC

DraQ

Arcane
I mean that it is truly the decline of the prestigious magazine, which is RPGCodex, to waste space on console exclusives, and witnessing it fills my heart with sadness.
Still better than wasting space for shit like Skyrim.

:smug:

DraQ

Arcane
I mean that it is truly the decline of the prestigious magazine, which is RPGCodex, to waste space on console exclusives, and witnessing it fills my heart with sadness.

Stop picking on every 2013 user, you crazy faggot.
:butthurt:
Tell me, zwanzig_zwoelf , do you feel inferior or insecure because of your join date?

zwanzig_zwoelf

Stop picking on every 2013 user, you crazy faggot.
:butthurt:
Tell me, zwanzig_zwoelf , do you feel inferior or insecure because of your join date?
No.
Keep posting, though, I'm sure I'll earn some money by sending your posts to the Far Cry 4 writing team.

Luzur

Good Sir
That is what games tell you. Basically nothing more than space nazi vs good isa/vecta.

Lore not in games tells you much more complicated story.

That is why most of people who know lore want to play Helgasts and kill ISA scum.

It is kind of like Final Fantasy XIII lore where most of it and most important parts are not inactual games

yeah i know of ISA taking the clay from Helghan and forcing them to a poison planet etc, but its still evil space nazis (even their flag looks the part) vs good ol' US...err ISA.

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
concept art
1.jpg
2.jpg

4.jpg
3.jpg

zwanzig_zwoelf

2.jpg

The symbols on the armor remind me of Quake. Should we ping ID?

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Looks like shit. In b4 a reveal video stating "Dork Souls meets Skyrim - prepare to fucking die during your über tactical combat rolling in an open world extravaganza".

imweasel

That art has nothing to do with the fucking game. It is just some random fantasy art from DeviantArt.

Ban StaticSpine for wasting our time.

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
Kill-Warhammer-Zone II: The Dark Killening Saga IV: Return of the Plagiarisimancer

hemtae

Savant
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
This was revealed at e3.

Looked very much action and not much RPG.

I have some hopes because of lead writer & cool art and theme of the game. I also hope it will feature more RPG elements, because the first video made the game look like an open-world action rather than an RPG.
Also, it will be funny if PS4 gets one more good ARPG (like Bloodborne) because Codex will get drowned in hatred :M

Zeronet

Learned
https://archive.is/xAAwA

Article says John is from Bethesda. No right to call themselves Journalists, they're jokes. If you're a 'game journalist' and think Bethesda developed New Vegas, you are a complete fool.

Still gamewise, props for being imaginative. These tribal type folks seem to hunt the robots for technology and stuff. Better than another grimdark generic fantasy world.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
The demo would have been better, if the female protagonist didn't talk to herself all the time and state the obvious. "Gotta stay out of sight. Go Go"

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
If you're a 'game journalist' and think Bethesda developed New Vegas

That is quite fitting a statement a typical "game journo" would make, though.

Not that "actual journos" are immune to dropping unverified shit into their articles, only to get caught shortly after.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
The demo would have been better, if the female protagonist didn't talk to herself all the time and state the obvious. "Gotta stay out of sight. Go Go"

yeah no sale if the bitch wont shut up

Renevent

Cipher
Gotta agree...the game looks pretty cool but if the character is constantly blabbering about stuff to herself that's going to get annoying real quick.

Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected
Looks like shit. In b4 a reveal video stating "Dork Souls meets Skyrim - prepare to fucking die during your über tactical combat rolling in an open world extravaganza".

Every mentioned aspect of shit confirmed. Where did you know that thing about combat rolling :lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom