Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

HITMAN, the new episodic Hitman - GOTY Edition

SoupNazi

One other comment I wanted to make is that I'm super impressed at how they made 47 look young, since HITMAN takes place in the past, in the early days of his career. It's just a really great touch.
It actually takes place after Absolution.
How is Diana alive then?

You obviously never played Absolution
I did, I just thought it was garbage, so I gave up on it after a few missions.

Dzupakazul

Arbiter
name me a Contracts level, and I will tell you that it has at least one bug that can potentially ruin your rating or render the level not completable).

Rendezvous in Rotterdam?

This one is a bit more obscure in that department (you're unlikely to run into them in a run that isn't some speed/challenge run), and the glitches work mostly in player's favor (you can enter the compound in your suit through the front gate and even go up the ladder that leads to biker leader's room, in blatant view of a guard that's slow on the uptake), but I've had occurances of civilians seeing me through walls and blowing my disguise, and the guard that guards the overworld doors (you have to go down little stairs) to the basement seems to have eyes at the back of his head.

Levels like Hunter and Hunted, Bjarkhov Bomb and Traditions of the Trade, even the simpleton Slaying a Dragon feature entire galleries of such bugs.

Stinger

Arcane
47 didn't actually kill Diana, proceeded to take out the 'corrupt' members of the ICA and reinstate Diana back in her original role at ICA thus making the entire plot come full circle and essentially going nowhere.

There is a reason why when the devs say this takes place after Absolution they also specify that it's completely stand alone too. Absolution has a shit storyline that thankfully can be completely ignored.

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Dzupakazul

Arbiter
Hitman 2 the ninja disguise (but not in the outdoors Japanese missions due to their special AI), the fireman disguise in Basement Killing or the SWAT disguise in Hitman Contracts

I distinctly remember the ai spazzing out for no reason in all three cases :)

Got only Contracts on my computer right now, but I got you an example to the contrary.
However, this is a bit of a bad example because it's notoriously difficult to actually get a SWAT disguise in this mission. The only way to get the disguise without an alarm is to glitch, because each SWAT is wired to some of his compatriots via some mental link. This means that when you turn off the light in the building in Hunter and Hunted, you can bump into the SWAT all you like, but you aren't allowed to kill one (you can't use Syringe on the SWAT members, so the only way to go is Fiber Wire or a bullet to the head), the rest of the SWAT in a group instantly swarm you. The only way to prevent this from happening is to glitch them into a "confused" state - most NPCs, when silenced weapons are fired at their feet, either run away or go into the aforementioned state, or both, but the SWAT don't behave like normal NPCs, and the only way to do that is to turn off the light in the building with a very precise timing or have them get shot by their own SWAT compatriots while they don't see you. When this happens, you can strangle them and their friends don't notice. SWAT also do not trigger "Body found" alerts. With that in mind, I replicated the method by using Invisible mode, took the disguise, then walked away from the scene and turned the cheat off.

Catfish

Learned
Hitman 2 the ninja disguise (but not in the outdoors Japanese missions due to their special AI), the fireman disguise in Basement Killing or the SWAT disguise in Hitman Contracts

I distinctly remember the ai spazzing out for no reason in all three cases :)

Got only Contracts on my computer right now, but I got you an example to the contrary.
However, this is a bit of a bad example because it's notoriously difficult to actually get a SWAT disguise in this mission. The only way to get the disguise without an alarm is to glitch, because each SWAT is wired to some of his compatriots via some mental link. This means that when you turn off the light in the building in Hunter and Hunted, you can bump into the SWAT all you like, but you aren't allowed to kill one (you can't use Syringe on the SWAT members, so the only way to go is Fiber Wire or a bullet to the head), the rest of the SWAT in a group instantly swarm you. The only way to prevent this from happening is to glitch them into a "confused" state - most NPCs, when silenced weapons are fired at their feet, either run away or go into the aforementioned state, or both, but the SWAT don't behave like normal NPCs, and the only way to do that is to turn off the light in the building with a very precise timing or have them get shot by their own SWAT compatriots while they don't see you. When this happens, you can strangle them and their friends don't notice. SWAT also do not trigger "Body found" alerts. With that in mind, I replicated the method by using Invisible mode, took the disguise, then walked away from the scene and turned the cheat off.

Well, the "mental link" is actually probably just radio. Also, this is the only mission in Contracts in which I never managed to pull off silent assassin on pro, hehe. Still, one of my favorite missions in this game.

I should try the silenced weapon trick, good find. Any other interesting stuff you found?

Catfish

Learned
Music in the teaser is fucking awesome. One of the highlights about the series, it always nailed ambient music.

That's a big thank you to Jesper Kyd. I hope he is returning for this one, Absolution could have been a tad less crap with his score.

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
That's a big thank you to Jesper Kyd. I hope he is returning for this one, Absolution could have been a tad less crap with his score.
Glad I only paid $5 for that game. Why do the best devs always feel the need to fix what isn't broken.

Sent from my HTC_0P6B using Tapatalk

Catfish

Learned
Glad I only paid $5 for that game. Why do the best devs always feel the need to fix what isn't broken.

Because Eidos got gobbled up by squenix, and io was forced to adhere to new publisher feedback.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom