Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

HITMAN, the new episodic Hitman - GOTY Edition

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

I imagine there'll be more information about this at E3 tomorrow, during Square Enix's conference.

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Of course, this isn't a huge surprise. From last January:

An open letter to all Hitman fans

Dear Hitman fans,

We wanted to share this open letter with all of you out there eagerly awaiting morenews about what’s happening next in the franchise.

At Io-Interactive right now, we are building the next AAA Hitman game for PC and next-gen consoles. It has our total focus and we wanted to take a moment to tell you a few things about it.

In the next game you will experience a globetrotting Agent 47 at the prime of his career – the apex predator stalking his prey across the world, with the support of his long-term handler Diana Burnwood and the whole of the ICA.

The game concentrates on the core Hitman fantasy of using a wide range of tools to take out a diverse group of targets across expansive, exotic locations around the world. We are building this game on the backbone of the Glacier 2 engine, using the best parts and what we have learnt through Hitman: Absolution and drawing inspiration from past titles like Contracts and Blood Money to fulfil the core Hitman fantasy. That means we’re packing in an extreme level of detail on the largest levels we have ever built for a Hitman game. We’ve adopted an open, non-linear level design approach to the game, ensuring the game will play out across huge, checkpoint-free, sandbox levels. Our aim is to create living, breathing and believable levels which will allow gamers to play around with the AI to create those unique moments every fan of the Hitman franchise loves.

Contracts Mode is back – you will be able to create and build challenges by experimenting with the large levels and possibilities within them. And of course, you can share them with the world and challenge your friends or foes to complete your hits. Your rules, your Contracts.

You will also be glad to hear that we have removed 47’s magic pockets. We believe that’s all we need to say about that subject.

As we get further into 2014, we will reveal more and get into much closer contact with all of you. There are so many things we have planned and we are extremely excited for the future of Hitman.

Thank you all for your dedication. We will share much, much more in the coming months.

The Io-Interactive Team
@IOInteractive

Adon

Arcane
Yeah, I was about to say, is it really a leak if we already knew they were making another Hitman game? But I guess we didn't know if it was going to be at this E3.

pippin

There's a video:

Last edited by a moderator:

Ivan

Arcane
AWESOME

The Glacier Engine was fantastic. It ran great and looked great. They just gotta retain the stealth from Blood Money and toss the fucking retarded shit that made up Absolution's.

Not a fan of the name. It's like Thief all over again. Bring back the subtitle plox

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
https://www.hitman.com/de/news/announcing-hitman-de-

One of the reasons why we’re calling this a new start for HITMAN is also the idea of releasing a digitally led product. That can mean a lot of different things depending on who you are, but for us it means we’re going to make HITMAN available first via direct download.

We’re embracing what digital can offer a blockbuster game series like HITMAN – it allows us to do things that are both bold and exciting and entirely new to the Hitman experience.

We are building an expanding and evolving world of assassination. The experience will begin on December 8th and we will release new locations, missions and hits over time at regular intervals through 2016, which means we’ll all be able to share in the excitement of a new content drop at the same time. Rather than unboxing a game, playing it and then that’s sort of it, we want to deliver a true community experience - creating an ongoing and evolving game which plays out with a finale that brings the story arc together. Our primary goal is to keep HITMAN players fully engaged, so between bigger drops we will be creating one-off live events and live targets to keep you immersed in the experience.

Imagine a target appearing for every player in the world, for a limited time only… let’s say 48 hours. Where your one shot counts. And when that target is gone, it is gone forever. A shared experience where we imagine the HITMAN community will come together every time a new mission or new location appears. For $60 you’ll get full access to all of this content – everything we release as part of this story.

Another big part of this new approach is that we will develop the game with you, the players, and adjust gameplay and create live content and events based on player activity and feedback - so the game will deepen and evolve as time progresses. The experience begins on December 8th on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC and will reach well into 2016.

Sounds kinda MMOish to me.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
https://www.hitman.com/de/news/announcing-hitman-de-

One of the reasons why we’re calling this a new start for HITMAN is also the idea of releasing a digitally led product. That can mean a lot of different things depending on who you are, but for us it means we’re going to make HITMAN available first via direct download.

We’re embracing what digital can offer a blockbuster game series like HITMAN – it allows us to do things that are both bold and exciting and entirely new to the Hitman experience.

We are building an expanding and evolving world of assassination. The experience will begin on December 8th and we will release new locations, missions and hits over time at regular intervals through 2016, which means we’ll all be able to share in the excitement of a new content drop at the same time. Rather than unboxing a game, playing it and then that’s sort of it, we want to deliver a true community experience - creating an ongoing and evolving game which plays out with a finale that brings the story arc together. Our primary goal is to keep HITMAN players fully engaged, so between bigger drops we will be creating one-off live events and live targets to keep you immersed in the experience.

Imagine a target appearing for every player in the world, for a limited time only… let’s say 48 hours. Where your one shot counts. And when that target is gone, it is gone forever. A shared experience where we imagine the HITMAN community will come together every time a new mission or new location appears. For $60 you’ll get full access to all of this content – everything we release as part of this story.

Another big part of this new approach is that we will develop the game with you, the players, and adjust gameplay and create live content and events based on player activity and feedback - so the game will deepen and evolve as time progresses. The experience begins on December 8th on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC and will reach well into 2016.

Sounds kinda MMOish to me.
Sounds like a season pass/DLC milking.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
The levels weren't all linear. And the better ones had multiple ways to perform assassinations.

potatojohn

Arcane
Imagine a target appearing for every player in the world, for a limited time only… let’s say 48 hours. Where your one shot counts. And when that target is gone, it is gone forever. A shared experience where we imagine the HITMAN community will come together every time a new mission or new location appears.
I'm imagining it and it's totally retarded.

Stinger

Arcane
I like that for the most part the trailer involves 47 playing his hand at the right moment in each vignette and being pretty methodical. Even the sniping seems like it involves him timing the fire with the flashing of the cameras.

That's a pretty big difference from Absolution's trailers where he just murders everyone he sees in really stupid and out in the open ways.

Still not going to get this though until a sale/it's clear after launch that it's actually good. I want to play another Blood Money or Contracts but I'm not falling for an Absolution.

Catfish

Learned
The levels weren't all linear. And the better ones had multiple ways to perform assassinations.

As opposed to Blood Money, that was all like that. Or Contracts. Or Silent Assassin. Hell, even 1 was mostly a sandbox

The only good thing about Absolution was the engine. Otherwise it was so generic it was just sad, especially compared to any other entry in the series. Hitman used to have a clear and well-defined identity, and from the looks of the trailer there is hope for a return to form.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Episodic DLC shows a lack of faith in the brand.

paintinggrey

Scholar
I rate absolution as nearly as bad as nu-Thief, only good thing about Absolution was David Bateson and that was only possible due to the community outcry when they wanted to replace him. They wanted to make a cinematic experience and blew up in their faces. The disguise sytem was completely broken specially in higher difficulty levels. Fuck Absolution.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Of course, this isn't a huge surprise. From last January:

An open letter to all Hitman fans

Dear Hitman fans,

We wanted to share this open letter with all of you out there eagerly awaiting morenews about what’s happening next in the franchise.

At Io-Interactive right now, we are building the next AAA Hitman game for PC and next-gen consoles. It has our total focus and we wanted to take a moment to tell you a few things about it.

In the next game you will experience a globetrotting Agent 47 at the prime of his career – the apex predator stalking his prey across the world, with the support of his long-term handler Diana Burnwood and the whole of the ICA.

The game concentrates on the core Hitman fantasy of using a wide range of tools to take out a diverse group of targets across expansive, exotic locations around the world. We are building this game on the backbone of the Glacier 2 engine, using the best parts and what we have learnt through Hitman: Absolution and drawing inspiration from past titles like Contracts and Blood Money to fulfil the core Hitman fantasy. That means we’re packing in an extreme level of detail on the largest levels we have ever built for a Hitman game. We’ve adopted an open, non-linear level design approach to the game, ensuring the game will play out across huge, checkpoint-free, sandbox levels. Our aim is to create living, breathing and believable levels which will allow gamers to play around with the AI to create those unique moments every fan of the Hitman franchise loves.

Contracts Mode is back – you will be able to create and build challenges by experimenting with the large levels and possibilities within them. And of course, you can share them with the world and challenge your friends or foes to complete your hits. Your rules, your Contracts.

You will also be glad to hear that we have removed 47’s magic pockets. We believe that’s all we need to say about that subject.

As we get further into 2014, we will reveal more and get into much closer contact with all of you. There are so many things we have planned and we are extremely excited for the future of Hitman.

Thank you all for your dedication. We will share much, much more in the coming months.

The Io-Interactive Team
@IOInteractive

This is incredibly big of them. They obviously heard fan feedback and realized they shit the bed. I wish Sawyer was capable of this amount of introspection. I might actually have hope that PoE 2 won't suck.

Adon

Arcane
The only thing I want from Blood Money is the level design since everything else was sub-par. I don't want disguises to be op again that it makes the game as piss easy as BM was; of course the retarded AI didn't help either. They had the right idea with Absolution, but it was a botched execution that I hope they learned from.

Cadmus

Arcane
The only thing I want from Blood Money is the level design since everything else was sub-par. I don't want disguises to be op again that it makes the game as piss easy as BM was; of course the retarded AI didn't help either. They had the right idea with Absolution, but it was a botched execution that I hope they learned from.

ur'e mum is sub.par

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom