Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

HITMAN, the new episodic Hitman - GOTY Edition

Vibalist

Arcane
I have to admit that this is pretty good (yeah, I caved in and bought it). The level is very large and detailed with tons of stuff to do. The only complaint I have (aside from strange audio issues) is how the world reacts to your actions:

I went into a lab and destroyed an expensive, cutting edge virus (one of the main objectives) which is basically a disaster for the villains, and no one in the rest of the level reacted because I did it 'covertly' (I lit it on fire while three people stood right next to it).

These levels are so big that the AI can't really keep up or manage all the things going on in them. Causing ruckus in one end of the level does nothing to alert the rest of the level, even when it should realistically do so. Paris had this issue too, where you would sometimes gun down people out in the open and people elsewhere would just go on as usual.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Meh. Much as I like the older hitman games, I'll still get this for $1 in a bundle 3 years from now. The only Hitman the world needs right now is one that will murder whoever thought episodic release was a good thing

SwiftCrack

Arcane
I agree it is a shit model, but they seem to listen to the community and improve the next episode based on feedback, which is what they stated as their main proost when going for this model.

Again, still shit, but at least they listen and believe.

adddeed

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
Meh. Much as I like the older hitman games, I'll still get this for $1 in a bundle 3 years from now. The only Hitman the world needs right now is one that will murder whoever thought episodic release was a good thing
Another crybaby. Game is excellent fun. Hope there aren't too many dumbfuks like you out there pretending to be fans and not supporting the game. What a chump.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
fargofanboy.png

possibly_retarded.png

Both tags well earned.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Nååårh, lille bøssejyde forsøger at virke stor igen. Vær du hellere bekymret om hvornår Mujaffa kommer og ta'r din mødom ude i roemarken. Er det ikke ved at være på tide du får endnu et tudeflip og får dig selv losset ud herfra og tilbage til rpgwatch hvor du hører til?

Vibalist

Arcane
I wonder if it's possible to do a Silent Assassin run with a sniper rifle. The dead bodies always seem to get discovered before you can get to them and hide them.

ALSO, I'd love to see if it's possible to do a SA suit only run in Sapienza. At a glance it would seem impossible, but who knows!

bonescraper

I love how the target's bodyguard runs around panicked looking for his VIP saying "shit, my first day and i lost my VIP, there goes my job as a bodyguard if i don't find him" :lol:

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
I wonder if it's possible to do a Silent Assassin run with a sniper rifle. The dead bodies always seem to get discovered before you can get to them and hide them.

ALSO, I'd love to see if it's possible to do a SA suit only run in Sapienza. At a glance it would seem impossible, but who knows!

I'm doing a suit only SA sniper run... I guess it's kind of impossible to hide the bodies... but so far I'm on the last part with the virus.. so.. shit is really challenging.. I love it.

SwiftCrack

Arcane
Isn't there a challenge for Sapienza too for a suit run?

Killing the targets should be 100% possible in a suit run, getting to the virus not so much.

Vibalist

Arcane
That's what I mean. I can't see how you could possibly
enter the contagious area without a doctor/hazmat suit
which is why I'm wondering if the entire mission can be done suit only. I'm sort of hoping there's a convoluted way of doing it. :D

SwiftCrack

Arcane
I do know that there is

a terminal in the research compound that you can use to remotely mess with the virus, but you need an USB dongle (like in the Paris mission to mess with the auction computer)

That's probably the key if you need to have the suit on for the virus part for the challenge.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Completed the Suit only Sniper only SA only mission now. Damn that was TIGHT :P

Felt like a real fucking assassin. This episode is truly great. Blood Money great.

Vibalist

Arcane
I'm looking forward to trying that. I can't even imagine how you'd do it. You actually gained the suit only/SA achievement upon completing the mission?

Vibalist

Arcane
Another thing I like about this update is that they added an intel button to the menu, where all the little clues you pick up are stored. Now it's totally possible to switch off all the help and still play the levels like they're supposed to be played because you don't have to rely on tracking and minimaps, you can just go through your collected intelligence and piece things together.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Another thing I like about this update is that they added an intel button to the menu, where all the little clues you pick up are stored. Now it's totally possible to switch off all the help and still play the levels like they're supposed to be played because you don't have to rely on tracking and minimaps, you can just go through your collected intelligence and piece things together.
That sounds cool; I assume it applies to the whole game, not just the second episode?

Sounds more than ever like waiting for the whole game is a good idea if all new basic features are being added over time.

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
54 bucks... always-online... episodic... yeah, this is a future sale material. After servers go down and they're forced to put in an offline mode. Or someone cracks the full version so it can be played offline.

There are games that I regretted buying, because the pirates got a better experience. For example, several Ubisoft games. Not making that mistake again.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Steam is never down. An hitman has never been down ONCE, since it's release.

Problem, bro?

Vibalist

Arcane
That sounds cool; I assume it applies to the whole game, not just the second episode?

Yeah, I think so. The Paris level gets them as well. I don't know about the training levels since I haven't played them recently, but I'd assume so.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom