Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

HITMAN, the new episodic Hitman - GOTY Edition

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
My "next-gen" experience with Hitman:
- Exclusive fullscreen doesn't work (it's exactly just like normal fullscreen).
- Texture option is locked at low quality (because my GPU only has 2GB VRAM but what the fuck? Black Ops 3 did this but it can be changed in a .ini file, but it's impossible to tweak it with Hitman).
- 2 crashes while "connecting to server".
- 2 random crashes in menu.
- Graphics don't justify high system requirement, abysmal performance.
I bought it through a trader so can't ask for a refund, fuck :negative:

Dev_Anj

Learned
Getting too much of an Absolution vibe from this, despite assurances that they've learned their lesson. I'm just gonna replay the old games.
I'm not getting an Absolution vibe, if anything from what I'm seeing of the first level it actually seems a bit too big for its good and disguises seem overpowered, which were actually my biggest gripes with Blood Money. I'll only be sure when I play it myself though.

It also has always online DRM in a singleplayer game that will exit and not save your progress if you lose connection in the middle of a level, or so I heard.

Actually the DRM only locks things like side missions and challenges, you can play the game offline. That behaviour of booting you out of a game for a minor disconnection sounds annoying though.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Really enjoying this so far. Reminds me alot about BM.

Performance is good. No stutters or bugs, crashes.

silk smooth 60 fps 1200p

Astral Rag

Arcane
Yes, but you can't disable highly annoying idiot prompts:

PRESS E TO SUBDUE
PRESS E TO OPEN DOOR
PRESS E TO CLOSE DOOR
PRESS E TO POISON THIS DRINK - YOU NEED POISON TO POISON THIS DRINK
PRESS E TO SABOTAGE THIS POWER STRIP - YOU NEED A SCREWDRIVER TO SABOTAGE THIS POWER STRIP

There are also some other situational markers that can't be disabled.

You can't peek through keyholes so the game is basically built around using the wallhack mode.

There is a fullscreen map but AFAIK there is no way to consult it without first going through another menu, menus are clearly designed for controllers too.

There is no first-person mode.

There are quick time events.

The AI is incredibly dim, you can just pour poison in a drink in front of a bartender, several guards and a huge crowd and nobody will bat an eyelid.

M815d7O.png

I shot this target with a silenced pistol (you can't disable those retarded hit markers either btw), picked up the body, opened the door to the next room, hid the body in a closet and walked away and that NPC didn't notice a thing, he just continued his monologue :lol:

Animations are mediocre or sometimes simply non-existent, if you equip a weapon or item it just materializes in 47's hands.

The popamole shooting feels archaic. You can only take a few bullets before going down which is nice.

Visuals are decent but they're way too demanding for what they are. Framerate fluctuated between 35-60 fps on my i7, 960(4GB), 16GB ram using DX12, 1080p, FXAA, AF x8, no SSAO, medium shadows, high texture detail. The game crashed 3 times in the 100 minutes I tested it. DX12 ran faster than 11 and it didn't spazz out on my computer but maybe it caused the crashes to desktop ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

Not sure why reviewers were drooling over the size of that Paris map because it's really not all that massive or architecturally impressive. Open world games like GTA V and Ubi's ASS CREED series are far more advanced and far less demanding.

Crowds look good but they're not made up of individual AIs, they're just dumb, mostly shadowless "blobs".

I installed the game on an SSHD and loading the Paris map didn't take longer than 20-30 seconds which is fine by me.

The sound design and voice acting is pretty damn good, I liked the NPC chatter. It's just too bad nobody speaks French in Io's Paris...

Music is not on par with previous Hitman OST but it's alright.

The Steam Refund System works well.

If they manage to fix the game and patch in some more options I'll probably buy the Definitive Director's Cut Edition for a few € in late 2017.

Performance is good. No stutters or bugs, crashes.

silk smooth 60 fps 1200p

What are your computer specs?

Last edited:

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
So the game is as shit as absolution then.

I'll avoid this like the plague. Tnx.

bertram_tung

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
The last picture posted is of the tutorial... I hardly think it's fair to judge the game on the tutorial. However we won't know for like a year because the game is fucking episodic.

Divinity: Original Sin
Well, I played the game. It's better than absolution... sorry... It will be better than absolution. Hitman absolution was kiond of ok in assassination levels, though they were very small (there was one level in a chinatown plaza that was good). Absolution is shit because these kind of levels were to sparse, and you have linear levels in between which the objective is not kill anyone, other than go from point a to point b.

That is not the case here. The paris level is really huge. But gameplay is similar to what we had in absolution assassination levels. There's lots of opportunities, but the game gives them away with the chagellenges screens and oportunity waypoints (you at least you can turn off). The game works nicely on my system, and frame drops are not often and annoying as people are saying. It's noticeable, but not choppy.

My greatest problem is that there's just this assassination. The game is actually a demo at this point. Sure, there's contracts mode and escalating contracts (both of which I didn't try), but the game is done after just killing those guys we saw in demonstration videos shown a lot. I don't feel like replaying the level just now to clear all the possibilities and unlock all the challenges. I wanted to progress more, than after some time I could get back and replay previous levels. But that's it.

It feels more like blood money, but with hints on how to accomplish and approach the level. I liked, but it's not complete.

Vibalist

Arcane
Exact same sentiments here. The game feels like a glorified demo at this point, and it should probably be played with the hints turned off (although I don't know how well this will work, considering that they may be tied too strongly to the gameplay). But it's also similar to Blood Money in all the ways Absolution wasn't. The Paris level has very good level design.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Well, I played the game. It's better than absolution... sorry... It will be better than absolution. Hitman absolution was kiond of ok in assassination levels, though they were very small (there was one level in a chinatown plaza that was good). Absolution is shit because these kind of levels were to sparse, and you have linear levels in between which the objective is not kill anyone, other than go from point a to point b.

That is not the case here. The paris level is really huge. But gameplay is similar to what we had in absolution assassination levels. There's lots of opportunities, but the game gives them away with the chagellenges screens and oportunity waypoints (you at least you can turn off). The game works nicely on my system, and frame drops are not often and annoying as people are saying. It's noticeable, but not choppy.

My greatest problem is that there's just this assassination. The game is actually a demo at this point. Sure, there's contracts mode and escalating contracts (both of which I didn't try), but the game is done after just killing those guys we saw in demonstration videos shown a lot. I don't feel like replaying the level just now to clear all the possibilities and unlock all the challenges. I wanted to progress more, than after some time I could get back and replay previous levels. But that's it.

It feels more like blood money, but with hints on how to accomplish and approach the level. I liked, but it's not complete.

You complain about a game called HITMAN having mainly assassination missions/assassination as its main goal/gameplay?

Oh wow.

What you want? An open world sandbox walking/fishing/driving simulator? No wait, that's GTA. Go play that.

Okay... Also, you DO know that this game is episodic in nature of its content? How the fuck does this still surprise so many retards, I'll never fathom.

So yeah, for now there's 1 big level, Paris. Don't like? Boo-fucking-hoo, wait for more content coming soon.

And obviously you should go play contracts mode, escalation and elusive targets, before you make arguments.

Beastro

Arcane
First thing I noticed looking at gameplay videos is how developers keep underestimating their audience.

How did we manage to play all the previous games without "Suspicious behavior" and shit popping up letting us know we were doing crap that was going to draw attention???

Very upset too not hearing any bad Russian accents from soldiers too. :(

Last edited:

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
First thing I noticed looking at gameplay videos is how developers keep underestimating their audience.

How did we manage to play all the previous games without "Suspicious behavior" and shit popping up letting us know we were doing crap that was going to draw attention???

Thank focus groups.

Beastro

Arcane

Thank focus groups.

:salute:

Divinity: Original Sin
You complain about a game called HITMAN having mainly assassination missions/assassination as its main goal/gameplay?

No. I complain a game called hitman has just ONE level. ONE assassination. ONE contract. And not even a real complaint it was. Because its an ok game. But I could wait 2 years more to have a more complete game. And I actually praised that this game at least has ONLY - not mainly as you said - assassination missions.

What you want? An open world sandbox walking/fishing/driving simulator? No wait, that's GTA. Go play that.

I play GTA. And now, this hitman game is just a GTA game, since it's an openworld sandbox paris level and nothing else. What I want is new levels/stages, like hitman 1, 2, 3 and 4 had. And actually this one will someday have it too.

Okay... Also, you DO know that this game is episodic in nature of its content? How the fuck does this still surprise so many retards, I'll never fathom.

This is the first episodic game that comes with just the intro of episode one. Blood Money had a dozen levels. Will this game have a dozen episodes? Or the next episodes will come with more levels?

So yeah, for now there's 1 big level, Paris. Don't like? Boo-fucking-hoo, wait for more content coming soon.

No idiot. I like it.

Also, looks like you are the one who can't wait to play the rest this game. For me, It can take 4 years, 5 years. I'm done with anxiety in wainting years for releases of nerdy things. Years pass fast and soon this game will be 20 years old.

And obviously you should go play contracts mode, escalation and elusive targets, before you make arguments.

And you should keep your stupidity to yourself.

My argument regarding those is that i didn't play it. I made arguments related to what I had played. I'm not reviewing the damn thing. I'm giving an impression. And I had a good first impression.

The point is that in two hours I finished the game and now what is to be done are bonus stages/challenges.

You're the retard one that defends every shit popamole ever and shitty movie that comes that's exactly like the other that came before 20 years ago.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom