Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

HITMAN, the new episodic Hitman - GOTY Edition

ortucis

Prophet
Why does the graphics in the new game look worse than Absolution?

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive
Why does the graphics in the new game look worse than Absolution?
Because it's a telltale like, so they can get away with shit graphix without the shills ratting on them, bc its "got such good content, it makes up for it, hurr durr"

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Guys, you need to understand... Square Enix is not some massive publisher that has a lot of money to fund their franchise titles... I... er...

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-08-08-three-seasons-of-hitman-episodes-apparently-planned

Three seasons of Hitman episodes apparently planned

There are apparently three seasons of murderous goings-on planned for sandbox assassination game Hitman.

"Our plan is to have three seasons," the official Hitman Twitter account told a fan. "Although Season Two hasn't been confirmed yet."

Currently we're just over half-way through Hitman's first season, which will span seven episodes. The next episode will be the fifth and set in Bangkok, Thailand. It arrives 16th August.

In the Bangkok mission, Agent 47 must assassinate the lead singer of a cruddy indie music band. The action takes place in a hotel by a river and will probably all be over in a Blur! Ha! A Blur!

Before Bangkok we had a mission in Marrakesh in Morocco (31st May), Sapienza in Italy (26th April), and Paris in France (11th March). There was a bonus double-mission episode released in July, too.

Hitman's sixth mission will be in the US, and climactic seventh mission in Japan.

Anyone who paid full whack for Hitman receives all the episodes for free - they're included in the full-game price/concept. Those who paid a reduced amount for the game need pay for them separately.

Hitman will be released with the entire first season of content in early 2017. Presumably it's around that time that season two will kick in.

We've enjoyed episodic Hitman so far. "Hitman rediscovers its agency in this strong start for IO's episodic series," wrote Edwin in our 'Recommended' Hitman review. We've got a Hitman guide, too, if you need any help or tips.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Bangkok episode is out now: http://store.steampowered.com/app/440960/

Also: http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/279247/The_challenge_of_taking_Hitman_episodic.php

It was a massive undertaking for the studio, which had little experience in the realm of live game development. Hitman games previously were disc-based, traditional releases, but the latest would be released as an episodic digital game.

Going purely digital had some clear advantages, said Seifert. For example, going digital allowed IO Interactive to cater more to their existing fans rather than trying to cater to the “lowest common denominator.” That’s because margins for digital games are more than two times that of physical disc-based releases, Seifert said, so IO didn’t need to sell as many units to make just as much money.

But it wasn’t as simple as just choosing to go episodic. Seifert said a lot of effort was spent convincing internal and external partners that making Hitman into a digital episodic game was the right decision. He said shareholders, the development team, publishing teams, sales, marketing, and other parties all needed to be convinced.

Perkel

Arcane
So where is complete edition ?
Does those 5 episodes even have lenght of single hitman game ?

Vibalist

Arcane
Still one more episode coming up after this.

There are 8 in total, if you count the smaller summer episodes. 10 if you count the prelude missions. Not all of them are excellent, though. Bangkok (episode 4, came out last month) was disappointing.

At the end of the day you will probably get a good - not great - product out of this if you buy it in January. It's p. close to Blood Money in terms of quality (except for the music, which is awful), but not quite there.

Sapienze, the second mission, is the greatest Hitman level I have played.

Vibalist

Arcane

Vibalist

Arcane
Also, this new mission apparently takes place in an all hostile environment, meaning your default suit is useless unless you plan to LARP Sam Fisher.

I can't say that makes me terribly excited. It's like a throwback to Absolution, though for all I know the level design could be really good. With Bangkok being such a downer, I'm starting to suspect this game is heavily front loaded, though.

Out of the existing 5 proper missions, two (Paris and Marrakesh) have been good, while one (Bangkok) has been bad and one (Italy) excellent. If this fifth one turns out to be a dud the game is mediocre. They'd better include some prime sniper spots and creative opportunities to outweigh the fact that this new level doesn't play to the strength of the Hitman series, which, imho, is 'the player infiltrates civilian areas where he can blend in rather than sneak around' and not 'the player controls some stealthy NSA agent who's inexplicably wearing a suit and tie'.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom