Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

HITMAN, the new episodic Hitman - GOTY Edition

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
I installed Hitman with the one level. Tried to play. Refunded.

Now I miss Absolution.

You're a moron, with shit taste. GG no re.

They removed my only playstyle, which is to try to be stealth, fail 1/3 thru the level, and mow down everyone. I fail and get killed instantly. The surrender system is somehow more retarded than before. I don't remember if Absolution also had the quicktime melee combat system, but its retardation here is striking.

The DirectX11 shit is horrendous, the game looks worse than Absolution and framerate is abysmal. They tried to patch it by doing what "Just Cause" and "Guild Wars 2" do - increasing the frame buffering ad infinitum depending on how slow everything is. So now a game about a precise agent has a bloated feel.

DX11 is a turd. I've never seen a game on DX11 perform faster than on DX9. In most cases, it's slower.

Self-Ejected

an Administrator

Self-Ejected
Where expecting basics is considered perfectionism
Now I miss Absolution.
Let's be fair, How can anyone prefer Absolution over HITMAN? The new HITMAN has the best level design in the series alongside BM.

Wait i though new hm was supposed to be turd ?
So what is KKK on this ?

KKK is mostly angry because of this stupid episodic release.
Other than the awful voice acting, clunky gunplay and lack of silverballers, the rest of the HITMAN is pretty good. Sapienza is the best episode.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
KKK is mostly angry because of this stupid episodic release.
Other than the awful voice acting, clunky gunplay and lack of silverballers, the rest of the HITMAN is pretty good. Sapienza is the best episode.

Hey!

Let's us not forget the shitty AI. Can't miss that awesome feature! :smug:

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Well if the AI was tweaked with the consequent updates, than probably is much better than it was at launch. I haven't played the damn thing (still waiting for a crack), but I remenber it being really bad on the first weeks. They wouldn't reconize threat's, environmental changes, even some pretty obvious shit as carrying a corpse or shooting a gun.

About that second statement, must tell you that actually AAA games AI was not been that bad since quite a while. There are even some that do it really well.

Vibalist

Arcane
If the game's AI was as bad at release as you say, then they have definitely improved it. I think it's fine, especially in the new level. Firing a gun in the middle of the bazaar almost puts the entire level on alert.

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Now I miss Absolution.
Let's be fair, How can anyone prefer Absolution over HITMAN? The new HITMAN has the best level design in the series alongside BM.

Yes, but the basic user experience is worse.

It runs like shit because of DX11, and actually seems to look worse than Absolution. In order to compensate for their horrible and pointless choice of graphics API, they introduced "variable buffering", aka "triple buffering taken to the extreme", also known as what "Just Cause" and "Guild Wars 2" engines do. It results in a bloated, floaty feel in a game about a precise assassin. Mind you I run it on a GTX 750 in freaking 720p, which is nothing for that card.

And of course I prefer Absolution because I never had the patience to play Hitman as intended, and the series from the very beginning allowed me to be a lazy ass who partially fails levels and still gets the target. This game feels like it's cracking down on "improper behaviors"... which were a part of Hitman design all along. Reducing the freedom of player agency is not a good thing.

Vibalist

Arcane
Bonus ep. is apparantly only available to those who bought the complete package. Those of us who buy episodes individually will have to wait, even though the bonus eps. are supposed to be free. Eh.

Also, they're supposed to be two standalone missions with everything that entails, as far as I understand it. This month's replacement for a regular episode, if you will. Not that it excuses the shitty business practice.

Still tempted to buy it because I'm an incurable fanboy.

Last edited:

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Getting more and more glad I bought the season pass for chump change :) Looking forward to tryin the new stuff

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Episode 4 - Thailand: https://hitman.com/en-us/news/episode-4-release-date

HITMAN: Episode 4 Bangkok will be available on August 16th for PS4, Xbox One and PC. We'll have full release notes on the blog before that date, including release timings.

3050331500617.364.96dd88169c7ea4077d8422bdd07ec1ad.jpg

Checking In

While Agent 47 is quite the jetsetter, he rarely chooses to travel for pleasure. 47 is most certainly all work and no play. And so it is that he finds himself travelling to Thailand to bask in the natural beauty of exotic gardens, explore the Himmapan luxury hotel and resort’s exquisite interiors; and most importantly, take care of business.

With episode four, we are extremely pleased to be able to deliver a new spin on a fan favourite type of destination. Hotels have been a staple across many a Hitman title. A huge amount of people in the community love learning everything there is to know about the intricacies of each hotel; and we thoroughly enjoy creating these wondrous assassination locations.

3050454921290.088.1cdd274f903a3a99c23cf0c534b21b7f.jpg

Club 27

The "Club 27" mission transports players to the opulence and splendour of the Himmapan luxury hotel and resort, situated on the Chao Phraya River outside Bangkok. Your targets are rising rock star Jordan Cross, front man of trending indie band The Class, and Cross’ family lawyer, Ken Morgan. Both are currently residing at the luxury hotel as the band finishes its highly-anticipated sophomore album.

3050556160313.593.589b748b711180e2a8ae27ba9d295045.jpg

Rocking Out

When a world famous indie band, untold wealth, and Agent 47 come together; you can be sure that you’re in for an explosively good time. Whether you’re taking creative liberties with musical instruments, exploring brand new opportunities, unlocking new gear, items & weapons; or having a blast with over 65 new challenges: we can’t wait to see how much fun our awesome community has in Thailand.

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive
Does anybody remember when you would get the whole game and not tiny ~2 hour snippets? This is worse than DLC, because at least DLC is honest about what it is. This is charging someone for an unfinished product and then advertising it as a full game

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I'm pretty sure they were very clear about the episodic release schedule. It might be shitty, but it was honest.

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive
I'm pretty sure they were very clear about the episodic release schedule. It might be shitty, but it was honest.
I meant honest in the sense that these don't admit they aren't a full game. They trick you with an ad or two and a cheap price tag (for a full game) into thinking you're getting a deal. Also, I wasn't talking specifically about this one game, it's just the one that set my autistic nerdrage off.

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
Does anybody remember when you would get the whole game and not tiny ~2 hour snippets? This is worse than DLC, because at least DLC is honest about what it is. This is charging someone for an unfinished product and then advertising it as a full game
But you are getting a full game, just... not now.

That the full game will be shit isn't relevant.

Vibalist

Arcane
The price is closer to around 10 bucks per ep., I think. Or even less.
We've had this discussion before. Episodic content sucks and IO have been absolutely inept in how they handled and marketed this game, but you can't really claim you're being cheated. They haven't lied about anything.

The real weakness this business model suffers from is that people simply lose interest in the game in between episodes. I'm starting to care less and less about episode 4, even if it looks really good. I've simply moved on to other games in the mean time, especially with all the delays. Half baked summer episodes (that I can't even access because I need to buy the whole game to get them) and illusive targets (that I couldn't give one solitary fuck about because it's seriously the most shitty idea in the world) won't rekindle my enthusiasm.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Still very hyped for this. Will be good to try episode 4

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom