Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

HITMAN, the new episodic Hitman - GOTY Edition

Paul_cz

Arcane
I think putting up Paris for free might be smarter, the tutorial levels probably wouldn't entice me much if I wasn't hitman die hard for the last 17 years.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Well it have denuvo and it was episodic.I saw it in my local torrent site a month ago and didn't cared enough to download it.By the time it finished nobody cared about the game,only a bunch of pseudo intellectuals were talking about the game and how good it was..... meh.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Prologue will be available for free in about 2 hours (6pm CEST): http://steamcommunity.com/games/236870/announcements/detail/2574219120186500379

It's available now, as a demo: http://store.steampowered.com/app/236870/HITMAN/

edit: and it's just disappeared for some reason? This may or many not work for time being: steam://install/649780

It's fixed now.

And after it's fixed, flocking demo players apparently crashed the severs: http://steamcommunity.com/app/236870/discussions/0/2333276539614344939/

cool its free so now owners of the game cant play.....

The server is overloaded... Why even have demo users connect? There's no unlocks in the first 2 maps.

Thanks always online DRM.........

Looks like it's recovered in an hour or so, though. Glorious always online single player world.

flyingjohn

Arcane
meanwhile, pirates have none of this shit.
Pirates also don't have any unlock able content,which means you get a bare bones game.
:nocountryforshitposters:
What is not available to you: unlocks (gear, starting locations, weapons, tools, tactical ICA drop points), challenges (experience per map. Related to unlocks), contracts mode (user-creted missions worldwide), escalations mode (dev-created unconventional contracts), ellusive targets (timed missions with unlockable suits) and score leaderboards.
So pretty much half the game.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
meanwhile, pirates have none of this shit.
Pirates also don't have any unlock able content,which means you get a bare bones game.
:nocountryforshitposters:
What is not available to you: unlocks (gear, starting locations, weapons, tools, tactical ICA drop points), challenges (experience per map. Related to unlocks), contracts mode (user-creted missions worldwide), escalations mode (dev-created unconventional contracts), ellusive targets (timed missions with unlockable suits) and score leaderboards.
So pretty much half the game.
:hero:

Machocruz

Arcane
I bought the first episode on sale a while ago, just started playing it this week. Solid, solid Hitman game so far. Even the tutorial mission is better than anything in Absolutstain.

One thing is, and probably in all the other games, that there doesn't seem to be much you can accomplish intuitively. Like someone said before, these games are about finding and following the scripts. I always try to go into a new level with a simulation approach, which means only knowing what intel has told me beforehand, not going in with meta knowledge, not using artificial means of locating or tracking marks. Even then, your intel isn't as rigorous as something a hitman would probably get in the real world, like more information on mark activity, habits, routines, locations, guests. Like how was I supposed to know about the sheik? Things like that They do do a pretty good job with listening in on conversations giving you information.

Of course, the average real-world hit is usually more mundane than the kind of cinematic scenarios Hitman games come up with. It's usually waiting until someone is alone or open, and shooting/sniping/stabbing/blowing them up; not finding the exact right drink to poison among 30 that are sitting around and hoping they are thirsty in the first place. Killers prey upon people's predictability, that they will go into their bathroom at 7am every morning and the shades are always open, and there is an abandoned building or something 500 yards away from which to snipe them. But hey, games gonna game, it's not big deal. Would buy an assassin simulator roguelike though. Go in prepared as well as possible, improvise, no do-overs.

And holy shit do they pack a lot of content into each episode. I've already spent many, many hours in the Showstopper mission trying to do all challenges, escalations, user contracts, etc. Too much of a good thing almost. Haven't been this drawn into a AAA game since Arkham City.

P.S. I still haven't done the method where you get the invite to the auction or get into the meeting with Dalia (not as Helmut, but the other guy). Are there in game clues that will point me in the right direction, like a conversation about where the invitation is located, etc.?

spectre

Arcane
P.S. I still haven't done the method where you get the invite to the auction or get into the meeting with Dalia (not as Helmut, but the other guy). Are there in game clues that will point me in the right direction, like a conversation about where the invitation is located, etc.?
Haven't played this in a while, but IIRC, you can overhear a conversation between two broads somewhere near the bathrooms next to the main stairs, one of them has an invite but isn't very excited to go.

Machocruz

Arcane
Well, I stumbled upon the magazine editor and her assistant talking about getting into the auction. I figured she'd have an invitation on her, so I followed the underling into the bathroom, choked her out, and took it. Cool gaem.

that's stupid but it has an excuse in the form of player made objectives and useless stuff like that, and anyway it works offline without a problem. i can live with that. i can't with denuvo, as a principle and because it makes games work at 1 frame per 4 seconds on my computer.

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
When in the actual fuck are you going to add sniper rifle suitcases to this game?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom